Blood Status
Muggleborn
Relationship Status
Interested in Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Heteroromantic
Wand
traight 11 Inch Sturdy Vine Wand with Hippogriff Feather Core
Brooklyn Vacarius had be a little on the rough side, seeing as she was healing up from a lightning strike. After a few minutes, Lucius Verdelet managed to get Brooklyn conscious again, informing her that her best friend, Maise, saved her life by catching her after she fell off her broom, and also performing CPR to get her heart back. Luckily, the only lasting effects from the bolt was the fact that her hearing in her left ear was gone, due to a rupture, and some scars running down her shoulder and arm where the bolt traveled. Until she mastered sign language, Brooklyn would have to avoid nosy areas. That would be harder to do in a corridor. Brooklyn remained in bed, looking over her scars. It seemed that her family really had a survival knack for things. She would never forget what happened, and she'd be damned if she would be going outside in a thunderstorm again. She never felt that sort of pain, even though it was short and within three milliseconds, it still felt like an eternity before she lost consciousness. Brooklyn hated that she couldn't get up, but she was safe to be released soon. She was just glad that her heart did not suffer from any damage, thanks to her best friend's efforts to get it back.

It had been a while since Sara last had a proper conversation with her roommate and friend, but as soon as she heard what had happened and she'd recovered from the initial shock of the news, Sara had gone as soon as possible to see Brooklyn, to check up on her to see if she was alright. Being hit by lightning wasn't something that Sara would ever want anyone to experience and especially not her friends. When she finally made it to the Hospital Wing, the brunette's eyes searched the blonde and she immediately went over to her, plopping her bag on the floor next to the bed. "Hey," she greeted her softly, pulling up a chair to sit down. "How are you feeling?" It was a genuine question, one Sara hoped would ease her concern.

Maise couldn't believe anything that had happened. She and her best friend had been flying about in the air and the next minute she was racing to the hospital wing, Brooklyn barely breathing. She couldn't believe she'd made it out alive. To think that if she hadn't been there Brooklyn might have died, the thought caused Maise to break into tears again as she rushed to the hospital wing. She hadn't wanted to leave, but they'd insisted she get some rest after what had happened. Maise wiped her tears from her face as she moved to Brooklyn's bed and looked at her feet. "B... I-I'm so so-sorry. I didn't know this could happen, I never..." She sniffed and took a deep breath. "You have to know I never would have suggested it... honestly I never thought..."

The common room was abuzz with the rumours about what had happened to Brooklyn and Ulrich wasn't impressed that he heard about it through rumours and he quickly made his way down to the hospital wing to see his friend. Ulrich made his way into the hospital wing and sought out Brooklyn's bed and found her surrounded by her friends Maise and Sara. "Are you okay?" He asked moving over to Brooklyn's bedside. "What the hell happened?" Ulrich asked Maise who he assumed had been with her at the time.

It hadn't taken long for word to travel around Slytherin about the fact that Brooklyn was in the hospital wing, and the rumours that it was to do with the recent storm had actually caused Jessica to freeze in one spot when she'd heard. The idea of being struck by lightning wasn't the sort of thing that she'd ever expected to experience happening to anyone in real life, let alone a person that she knew and rather liked. Being in a magical place such as Hogwarts, it had actually never occurred to Jessica that there could be risks just as great from normal dangers like freak weather, and the thought rather unsettled her. Nevertheless, she knew she would have to go and see how Brooklyn was doing, although she planned to make a quick stop somewhere else first.

Entering the hospital wing with her plan grasped firmly between two hands, Jessica was surprised to see so many people surrounding her friend's bed - although she didn't know why she should be. However, it did make her gladder that she hadn't come straight here, because now she would have a chance at standing out amidst the rest of the people gathered. "Hi," she said to Brooklyn softly as she approached the bed. "I brought you some flowers." She held the slightly hefty vase up so the other girl could see better, displaying the blooms she had picked from the gardens outside before moving over to place them down on the bedside table. It seemed useless to ask if the other girl was feeling okay, considering how many other people were hovering around looking concerned, so Jessica settled for fussing slightly with the arrangement before turning her attention back to Brooklyn. "Did you need anything?"

Maise sniffed as she stood at the edge of the bed. Ulrich had walked in now and Maise had a feeling he was going to blame her for this. And so he should! This was all her fault. Tears pricked the sides of her eyes as he turned to her and asked what had happened. "It was all my fault, I should have known better! I didn't mean for this to happen, I never thought the sky would be like that!" She called, begging for Ulrich to believe her. "It's never happened before, I've never seen it like this, honest I haven't. If I ever thought this was a possibility, I never would have taken Brooklyn out into the air like that, you have to believe me!" In all her years, she'd never experienced something like that before, ever. She still couldn't believe it. She felt so guilty.

Ulrich had been angry when he turned his attention to Maise but it became clear quickly that the girl was distraught at the idea that she may have been responsible for what had happened to her friend. Ulrich's face softened as he saw the look on Maise's. "It's not your fault Maise," He said putting his hand on her shoulder. "There's nothing you can do about lightning," Ulrich didn't really blame Masise, he had just reacted the way he did because he hated seeing Brooklyn laid up like she was.

Brooklyn poked her bandages and in her peripheral vision, she noticed that some company was coming. Brooklyn's lips curled into a smile as her friends started to come in. The Slytherin decided that she would go on ahead and answer Sara's question, before the others started theirs and she would get confused. "I'm fine, just a little tired. And itchy from this." Brooklyn pointed at the bandages, where the scars rested. She would have to get used to it, but she was recovering and that was what mattered the most. Then, Maise came in, a little hysterical, but then again, Brooklyn never would have imagined what she had went though. She experienced something terrible as well. The Slytherin frowned a bit, since she didn't know how to console her. Ulrich and Maise had a little bit of an encounter, and Jessica brought her some flowers. Brooklyn placed her uninjured hand over her mouth in a small smile, before she waved for their attention. "Guys, it is okay! Try not to talk over each other and stuff. And it was no one's fault. I think it is a family curse or something." Brooklyn shrugged her shoulders and gave a small smile.

Sara was feeling kind of awkward among people she hardly spoke to, and she sent a small smile to the Gryffindor, whose name was Maise. What she understood from all this was that Maise felt guilty, but Sara frowned at the idea because no one was responsible for being struck by lightning. The girl couldn't possibly have known it was going to happen. "He‘s right," Sara said in as comforting of a tone as she could, "You can't blame yourself for something that‘s bigger than all of us." When the brunette heard a voice, she turned to Brooklyn and she smiled a little, slightly relieved that she was conscious again. Only then did she notice the flowers Jessica had brought to her dorm mate. That was nice of her, Sara hadn't thought of bringing anything, she had just rushed to the hospital wing when she had heard the news. She had no idea what Brooklyn meant by family curse and she had a feeling now was not the time to ask about it. Not having more to say, however, Sara pulled up a chair and sat down, listening to the others as they talked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back