Rose Red

Alexandra Russo

Wand
Cherry maple wood 13 inches essence of honey
OOCOut of Character:
This is my first ever completed story back from April, 8, 2008 before I joined HNZ. It is messed up but I like it. I edited the original draft and it is not like a role playing style. Hope you like it
*Disclaimer: Harry Potter characters and Rose Red characters are not mine. I own the character name Sophie, that's all.
Based on the miniseries of Stephen King's Rose Red

Rating: MATURE

“I’m not going in there.” Sophie said backing up.
“Sophie, you’re such a kill joy.” Hermione said whose hands on her hips.
“Harry, are you sure this is your great aunt’s house, more like a haunted house.” Sophie said who’s holding Hermione’s arms.
The mansion looks old and filthy outside. Then a loud crack was heard from behind Sophie, its Draco and Pansy.
“Draco ... Pansy. Thank god you’re here.” Sophie said while hands on her chest.
“Let’s go, guys.” Said harry.
They start to walk, but Sophie was glued to the place. The only person who saw this was Draco, Draco grab Sophie’s left hand and lead her to the house.
“I have a bad feeling about this.” Sophie mumbles.
They went inside to see a huge stairs and dusty old paintings. Sophie saw a painting of a couple in the middle of the stairs.
“Guys, is it me or this painting looks like me … I mean the lady.” Sophie turned to her friends.
“Yah, that was weird.” Pansy said frowning.
“That’s my great-great aunt Ellen Rimbauer and Uncle John Rimbauer.” Harry explained.
“Let’s forget that, I’m hungry where the kitchen is?” Ron asked irritably.
Sophie examine the painting again but interrupted by a hand on her waist.
“What do you think there love story.” Draco said looking at the painting.
“Maybe just like us.” Sophie said looking at him.
Sophie and Draco are classmates when they are at Hogwarts, after their schooling they became boyfriend and girlfriend, they are now 3 year in the making.
“Hey guys, I found the kitchen, so, Sophie come here and makes some food.” Ron shouted from the door of a kitchen.
Sophie is a big time chef in a five star restaurant in France, while Draco and Pansy work for the daily prophet, Hermione teaches at Hogwarts for transfiguration position and Harry & Ron work for the ministry in law department.
“Well, it’s my quo at the kitchen again.” Sophie said while going to the said kitchen.
When Sophie is walking towards the kitchen, she saw someone on the hall. She stops for a second and then continues to the kitchen.
“So, Ron what would you like? … Spaghetti, Carbonara or mashed potato with the side dish of a corn & carrot.” Sophie suggested.
“Can I make a request?” Draco asked while walking inside.
“Yes, and what would it be?” Sophie said with her cute tone.
“Can it be spaghetti with meatballs?” The lad said smirking.
“You’re so cheap, but ok, where is the groceries we bought.” Sophie asked while getting the knife and the chopping board.
“It’s here, Sophie.” Harry said hugging the bag of groceries.
“Thanks harry…wait!”
“Yes, you need help Sophie?”
“Um…no, I was just wondering what your great aunt and uncle’s story is and how they die.” Sophie made an eye contact with harry.
“Ok, my great-great uncle and great-great aunt were married on November 12, 1907. My uncle was 40 years old, and my aunt was 20. This mansion had been under construction for a year. Already there had been three deaths on the premises. One man was decapitated by a sheet of falling glass. Another fell from a scaffold and broke his neck. The third choked to death on a piece of apple.”
“That’s freaky.” Sophie made a disgusting face and shivered.
“Yah, in the fall of 1909, my great-great aunt gave birth to a son and that’s my great uncle. In her diary she wrote, ‘I have called him Adam, for he is the first.’ Sukeena saw my great-great aunt through the difficult labor...Sukeena was my great-great aunt’s best friend and she never treat her like a servant.” Harry said while opening the cabinets. “Then my great-great aunt gave birth to a daughter who is my great aunt with a withered arm, she blamed her African illness and her husband's sexual appetites, although she wrote, ‘In my mind they are one,’ to which she added, ‘damn all men.’ My great-great uncle and great-great aunt’s daughter was born in April 1911, and she was therefore named April.” Harry said now closing all the cabinets.
“But how they die…” Sophie said while already chopping the onions in dice.
“My great-great aunt had disappeared in the house on 1950 and she never found, while my great-great uncle fell on the tower of the mansion which is called the tower of folly two years later.” Harry ended his story. “Are you ok, Sophie?”
“Yah, I’m fine thanks for the info about your aunt and uncle.” Said Sophie hugging Harry.
“But Harry what happened to their children’s.”
“When my great aunt was six years old, she disappeared. My great uncle was away at boarding school, sent by my great-great uncle over my great-great aunt’s objections. My great-great uncle did not trust Rose Red even then. The kitchen was the last place my great aunt was even seen.” Harry felt sad about that last part but Sophie did not saw this.
“Well, I have to cook for hungry monster Ron.”
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
All was full and ready to explore the house, Sophie was reading a cook book on the living room of the house while the others are exploring the house, when Sophie saw a white figure on the side of her eyes.
“Draco, don’t be such a @ss hole and come here.” Sophie called.
When no one answers she closed her book and called again for Draco.
“Draco, don’t be such a freak and don’t scare me like that.” She’s now getting nervous.
Then her friends and Draco came. Her eyes were wide and her vocal cords were being ripped from her throat.
“What Happened, Sophie?” Ron spoke to her.
“D-Draco? No your j-just here s-seconds ago.” Sophie shuttered.
“No, his not, his with us at the hall the whole time.” Pansy said curiously.
“I saw Draco minutes ago and his wearing a white long sleeve and white pants.” Sophie said throwing herself on the couch.
“Sophie, his wearing a grey t-shirt and a pair of blue pants.” Hermione said as she frowned her eyebrows.
“Huh? Is it me or it’s a ghost … Harry there’s a ghost in this house.” Sophie told Harry, eyes almost crying.
“Hey, there’s no ghost here, Sophie.” Pansy emerged to her for comfort.
“Hope so, anyway it’s getting late. Maybe I’m just tired.” Sophie said yawning.
After the long flight they all went to their own bedroom, Sophie and Draco went to their room and took a dreamless sleep. A cold wind passes through Sophie and she felt it making her wake up. Sophie stud up and went outside of their room. Then she heard a voice, a little girl’s voice.
“Come…Come…Come.” The cold voice called.
Chapter 2 will be post tomorrow or later tonight :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back