Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Straight 14" Unyielding Blackthorn Wand with Dragon Heartstring Core
Lavinia knew who Professor Kingsley was (as it so happened she was also Jacob‘s mom) and so she had no problem in finding her office and heading there. She was hoping she could find her here, and she thought it a nice, sweet thing that professors also received roses. She knocked three times, and took a step back to wait for the Gryffindor Head to either appear at the door or let her in. There were just two more roses she had to deliver now.

On her way out of Gryffindor to thank the person who had given her her first rose, Cyndi nearly bumped into a student. "Oh, I'm sorry dear. Are you looking for someone?" she glanced over her shoulder though the common room was pretty empty. There was always the chance who she wanted was right there.

Lavinia glanced up when someone spoke to her and she smiled. "I was looking for you actually, professor," the puff said, the thought that Professor Kingsley might not know her crossing her mind. "I have a rose for you," she added. It wasn't hard for the first year to get to know faces and names, especially the teachers whom she saw every day, or almost every day.

"Oh!" Professor Kingsley stated as she took a closer look at the girl. "I was just off to go thank someone who sent me another rose" she explained with a smile. She had a lot of visits to make it would seem. "I'm afraid you have me at a disadvantage. You know my name, but I'm afraid I don't know yours" she added congenially.

Lavinia grinned at the woman, happy to know she didn't mind a small chat. "Oh! My name is Lavinia," she said, introducing herself. "I‘m in first year with Jacob," she added, though she doubted her friend would have mentioned her. She took out the correct rose before holding it out for her, with the note.
Note said:
Dear Cyndi,
My condolences to you and your family for your loss. I understand the pain of losing someone, so I'm here if you need to talk ♥ Don't hesitate to ask if you need help with any of your Head duties.
Sincerely,
Kennedy

"You're Lavinia" she grinned, having heard the name a time or two. "Jakey was talking about showing you his new broom when he got it for Christmas. He said something about meeting you at the broom shop?" she ended in a question, her memory a little off these days. "Oh dear, please don't let him know I told you his nickname. He wants to be Jacob or King Jay, what a dreadful nickname, right?" she mused. She still didn't know where that name came from.

Holding the flower, Cyndi took a moment to read the note, a pleasant smile on her face. Kennedy had always been kind, and this was far more than she'd expected. She tucked the note in her pocket, holding onto the flower and twirling it between her fingers.

Lavinia blinked. So the professor had heard of her. "Yeah! We did meet at the broom shop, before first year," she explained, confirming Jacob‘s words. Jakey was a cute nickname, and probably embarrassing for him. More of a reason to call him that. She giggled. "Don't worry," she reassured the head of house. "I‘ll only call him that by my own free will. I won't mention you, professor." She then wrinkled her nose at the nicknames he wanted to be called. She was never going to let him live this one down. "King Jay? That‘s punny," the girl joked. After a couple of moments of silence the first year glanced at her roses and smiled apologetically at Jacob‘s mother. "If it‘s okay, I have to deliver the rest of these," she piped up, holding up the roses. She needed to finish the deliveries but didn't want to be rude.

The professor listened, sharing a laugh with the young girl. "Oh, of course, of course. Thank you, Lavinia" she nodded. "Good luck getting through the remainder of your deliveries" she added, giving the girl a small wave.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back