Reading.

Lauren Gem

OOC First Name
Lauren
Wand
Mahogany Wand 14" Essence of Unicorn Hair

After coming back over the winter break Lauren decided to give the library a visit. She hadn't been there much in her first year and she didn't know why. She loved books, all kinds. But Lauren never really saw the appeal of it. She had all the books she needed in her dorm room and she was quite happy with that.

But nevertheless one trip couldn't hurt, maybe she would find something of common interest. A book that she doesn't have, preferabally Herbology. Lauren walked into the library and went straight over to the subject books ran her finger along the books, looking for Herbology.

Carter had been thinking since she had been sorted. ~There must be a reason she had been put in Ravenclaw, the smart house. She had decided to take school seriously now, she hadn't before hogwarts, so she found the library and decided to check out where everything was for when she needed it.

As Carter looked at all the books and the different section type she became more and more facinated, it amazed her that she would be learning all of this stuff. Eventually she reached a section called Herbology, she didn't quite understand what that was so reached for a book. She looked through it, learning the subject was about different types of plants, and went to put it back. As she placed it where she took it from, Carter knocked into someone. The person she knocked into, a girl, was a bit taller and probably older than her. "Umm, sorry."

Lauren found an interesting book to read, one that she hadn't read before. She was about to take it off the shelf but someone bumped into her. "Ouch!" she said quietly rubbing her arm she waved away the girl's apology. The girl looked younger than she did, "It's fine dont worry" she said smiling slightly. Lauren glanced at the girl's crest on her uniform. Ravenclaw? Lauren thought to herself, the girl must be a first year Ravenclaw. "Are you a Ravenclaw? what year?" she asked.

Carter nodded then put up one finger. Before she could help herself she giiggled at her sillyness. "Ravenclaw first." She grinned, giggling always made her smile. She hoped the older girl wouldn't think she was silly and be mean to her, not like the other older girl was. But the other older girl was older than this older girl, it was starting to confuse her.

Lauren smiled "Thats cool, i'm a second year Ravenclaw" she said indicating the ravenclaw crest on her uniform. "Do you like it here so far?" she asked the girl. Lauren took a while to adapt to the magic way of life, she liked it but it was different.

Carter nodded, happy the older girl was nice. "It's, interesting. It's also rather strange." The place had a sort of Aura that was different from home, back there there was always some sort of danger, bullies gangs even parents, here it felt safe. Safe enough to be herself, if only she knew what that was.

Lauren smiled "I know what you mean. It took me ages to get used to all the new things. Like the moving pictures and the moving staircases!" she said to the girl. "Whats your favourite thing about Hogwarts so far?" Lauren asked interested. "And oh!" she clapped her hand to her head "I'm Lauren" she smiled.

Carter frowned in confusion. "The stairs move?" She hadn't noticed that in the couple of days she had been here. She giggled as Lauren remembered to introduce herself. "I'm Carter."

Carter shook her head. "Nope, I guess I wasn't paying attension." She shrugged and smiled. "So, what you reading?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back