"Reading"

Larissa Sedgwick

OOC First Name
Beth / Bethy
Sexual Orientation
Bisexual
Wand
Cherry Wand 12 1/2" Essence of Wood Rose
The weather wasn't hot, nor was it cold.
The Library was practically empty but a few people who dwelled within it's thick walls.
Larissa was one of those people.
As other students read books or had a quiet game of exploding snap- which is far from quiet- Larissa sat at a desk, head to one side as she slept on a book about Muggle Sports.

She wasn't snoring but her breathing was audible.
Larissa's long silver-blonde hair draped over her pale face like a veil.
She hadn't wanted to go outside like everyone else, she hadn't been in the mood for flying- No, she had decided to learn about muggle sports so she'd have something Robert knew to talk about.

Jacob had finally finished his homework and was packing up his stuff.He stood up from his table where he sat between two shelves horizontal to the wall.He came out of his little corner and walked past other shelves and tables.

Some students were doing homework while others were reading out of habbit but Jacob's attention was caught when he saw a blonde girl sleeping on a book.When he looked carefully he realised that it was Larissa,a fellow second year Slytherin.Just for a change he decided to irritate her by waking her up.

He walked to her table and stood across the table from where she slept.He bent down over her so that his mouth was near her ear and said audibly."Waky waky,Sleeping beauty."with a mischievious grin on his face.

Larissa sat up quickly, her arm suddenly raised in front of her, her cherry wand pointing directly at Jacob's eyes.
"You!" Larissa said, narrowing her eyes. She didn't like to be disturbed.
Larissa patted her hair. It was still smooth.
"What are you doing here?" Larissa snapped, her blue eyes gazing directly into his.
"Shouldn't you be with Libby or something?"
Larissa was in a foul mood.
Not only had she been bad-mouthed by the gossip magazine but she'd also missed the Quidditch tryouts.

"Yes,Me"Jacob said looking at the wand that Larissa pointed at him and then back at her."Well I was doing what this place is made for,research and homework.What were you doing dozing off in the library?I believe there is a Slytherin girls dormitory."he said with a grin.He pulled out a chair and sat down on it without breaking eye contact with Larissa.

"Well I am her boyfriend but does that mean that I should always be with her?"he asked her simply.He knew he ought to spend time with Libby and he did.But following her around the castle wasn't necessary.

Larissa sighed and sat back down.
"I was doing some personal research.. I haven't been sleeping lately.. Not with recent events.." Larissa did not want to go into details but she'd heard a rumor about her family- that she had another relative alive.

"Isn't that what boyfriends are for?" Larissa sneered, pocketing her wand and closing the book she was reading.
"Chasing rose petals in a summer breeze?" Larissa was using 'rose petals' as a term for dainty and friendly people like Libby. Not thorns like her.

Jacob noticed the unfinished sentence but didn't press on the subject thinking that obviously it was personal. All he had was an amused expression for Larissa's idea on what boyfriends were for.

"No,they aren't.But I don't know if your boy friend is for that purpose."he smirked at his snide comment.He had read the gossip magazine and he remembered nicely the little piece of gossip on Larissa's boy friend.According to the magazine Larissa's boyfriend was a muggle-born.

Larissa felt fury burn through her.
Since the magazine saying things about Larissa, she had been very flustered and angry when someone spoke about it or even mentioned Robert.
Larissa grabbed at Jacob. "Whatever you've got to say about Robert, you say it now." Larissa said, full of venom.

Jacob grinned at the reaction he had produced by his snide comment."Chill out Larissa,you don't want wrinkles on your skin now,do you?"he said still grinning.He freed himself of Larissa's grip and sat back.

His eyes fell on the book that Larissa had been trying to read."What were you reading?"he asked her.

Larissa flushed slightly.
"It's a book about muggle sports," she said, trying not to lose any more dignity.
"I think it's interesting."
She was lieing through her teeth. She just wanted Robert and her to work out.. And slowly her attitude towards mud-bloods was changing.

"Hmm...muggle sports.I haven't ever taken interest in them but it's always good to take interest in muggle life."he said with a grin.As far as he knew Larissa wasn't the muggle lover but it was good that she was overcoming her muggle hating attitude.
"I really like one muggle thing.The television.It's a device which shows cool programs but I still don't know how it works."he grinned.Muggle inventions were really complex.

Larissa nodded.
She had seen a television at Robert's house and wondered where they got all the tiny people from..
"Well," Larissa said suddenly, gathering up her things and brushing back her hair with one hand, "I really should get going- I'm supposed to be meeting Hoshi." Larissa gave a small, almost realistic smile.

Jacob was suddenly reminded that he hadn't talked to Hoshi in ages."Hey can I come with you?I haven't really talked to her for a loooong time."he said with a sigh.He also stood up.

((If you are really rping with Hoshi can I join?))

Larissa felt awkward.
"Well.. Ok.." She began walking towards the exit and left the library in search of Hoshi.

((If me and her aren't RPing in the girls dorm at the time then yes :lol: I've been wanting to RP with her for a while so might be able to start something in one of the corridors))

Users who are viewing this thread

Back