Reading

Lemina Troque

OOC First Name
Stalker
Wand
12 3/4" Black Walnut/ Maple Essence of Silver Thistle
Lemina left the Hufflepuff common room and walked along the corridor. She entered the library. It was quite empty, so she sat down and pulled out a random novel from the shelf. She sat on one of the sofas and began to read.

Blake strolled into the Library, his bag slung over his right shoulder, he needed a little quiet space to study in, with exams about a week away. As he made his way to the tables and took a seat, he noticed Lemina sitting on a sofa nearby. He didn't know her well, except that she was a third year prefect and was in most of his classes, if not all. "Hey there," he said, his voice a little over a whisper, plopping his bag down on the table in front of him.

Lemina smiled as Blake entered the library. She barely knew him, although he was in pretty much all of her classes. "Hi." She muttered. "How are you?" She asked, glancing around the library, making sure she wouldn't be told off for talking but the librarian was no where to be seen.

"Good," Blake answered, returning Lemina's smile. "Just thought a visit to the library could do me some good. What about you? What are you reading?" Although he did need to get some studying done, he was glad for conversation. Besides, it was about time he set out and made new friends.

Kate had left the Hufflepuff Common room near the time that Lemina had. She walked into the library and placed back a big heavy good novel that she had just finished reading. Smiling to herself she chose another book and sat down at a table near where she had just picked the book up from. A couple of seconds later she realised that there were others sitting at the table. She jumped up scared that she was intruding a conversation and turned around to see who's conversation she had just mucked up. Seeing that it was what looked like two 4th years she started breathing heavily and tried to explain. "Um, i am s s sorry for in in intruding your conversation. Urr, urr." she stammered "I am s s sorry." As she realised that it was the lovely Lemina Trouge whom she had bumped into before. She didn't reconise the other boy but he seemed familiar. She waited there and braced herself to hear the older students shout or shout quietly at her for interupting them. She was very shy.

Lemina smiled at Blake. "I'm fine thanks. I just wanted to get a bit of a break from studying, but I'll probably start up again in about half an hour or so." She grinned. "Some book about plants or something." She glanced at the cover. "Perpetuous - Plants - which - Planted - Peter - Pockingham." Lemi read, slowly, she tried hard to supress a giggle, but failed. "It's about some guy who was killed by his plants in his greenhouse. Not true though!" She smiled, and turned to read the blurb.

Just then, Kate, a first year Hufflepuff came and sat down at their table. "Hey Kate." She muttered, quietly. "It's alright." She looked down so that she would not laugh. Kate was nice but she got a bit paranoid about getting into trouble. She turned back to Blake.

"Well the author must have a dramatic imagination," Blake laughed. When another girl approached them, Blake smiled and said, "Ah, Kate from Nurse Coogan's office?" He remembered their first encounter and smiled deeper. "I'm Blake. Forgot to introduce myself the first time."

Lemina gave an unserious frown. "I agree!" She smiled when it turned out that Blake knew Kate. Ah yes, Nurse Coogan. She gave a nod of recognision, she had been to the hospital wing a few weeks ago as she was feeling sick.

Kate smiled shyly. It wasn't that she got paranoid it was just that she was a very shy person. Blake introduced himself and she blushed shyly at remebering the terrible encounter at the nurses area. "Hi." She sat down with her book and asked, "You don't mind if i sit here? Do you?" uncertainly.

"Of course not," Blake smiled. He could see that Kate was a very shy person, and this he found a little humorous and entertaining. "So what are you reading Kate?" he asked just to provoke more conversation.

Lemina smiled, "I remember Merlin. You do it basically every year. I don't particularly like History of Magic. Prof. Waltham was much better!" She grinned, glancing at Blake.

Kate smiled aat Lemina's nice words. Thrn she very quietly asked, "Who chose you to be a prefect? Why did they chose you?" Suddenely she thought about what she said and it seemed rude so she stuttered, "Um, i didn't mean it like that i meant, what do you have to do to become a prefect. What i meant is, you are great but i was just wondering what qualities they were looking for in people like you. Nice people like you. Oh dear." Kate stopped when she realised that she was messing it all up. Shyly she looked at the floor. She had blown it.

Silvia left the Hufflepuff common room as it was too noisy to read, but honestly, Silvia always preferred to read in the library amongst many other books of good interest.

She entered the familiar library holding onto a little book she had been engrossed in reading, and she just couldn't put it down until she had finished it. The book was a Muggle horror she had found whist out in the Muggle town. The book itself was aimed for older people, being graphic, but Silvia just loved the way it was wrote and loved that she had to know what would happen next.

She saw, near a window, a group of people, and she knew two of them were actually in her house. She let a smile light her face as she approached them, feeling nervous as usually, but tried to brush aside.
"Hello," she greeted them, still smiling. "Hello Kate," Kate she knew off from her classes, and she she was like herself a little; shy and nervous. "May I sit here?" Silvia ask politely, looking at the three of them

Lemi blushed at Kate, "It's, well, just, I dunno." She was about to ellaborate when another first year arrived. She hadn't talked to her much, but knew her name. "Hey. Yeah sure, it's Sylvia, right?" Lemina gave Blake a weak smile.

Kate sighed in relief at Lemina, she was always so understanding. Kate then saw a weak smiled passed from Lemina to Blake, she understood instantly and decided to pay Lemina back for understanding.

She glanced at her watch and dismissed herself, "Well, Goodbye, i had better be off, thanks for letting me sit with you guys!! Bye!" With that she smiled at skipped over to the common room waving as she went.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back