Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Too Young to Care
Sexual Orientation
too young to care
Wand
none yet
Tullia had just turned eight years old, of course her birthday didn't have a whole lot of good things with it. Tullia had spent her last birthday in Ireland and now she was here. She'd been signed up with the younger troup with Tanith, but having turned eight she'd moved up. Tullia wasn't sure what to make of the people she was around now, but they were at least magical and more interesting than her muggle school conterparts. It wasn't that she disliked muggles, but that her class was boring, her teacher was awful and slow. The material was as boring as her old school, but the teacher had just used to give her other books and things to do, which this teacher didn't do yet.

Tullia had come to the park after the niffler scouts was over, Tessa had told her to go there, and wait until she could be picked up. Tullia found a bench within the park and sat herself down, she took her rucksack and took out the astronomy book that she had brought, a massive tome of a book, she placed it on her lap and opened it to the middle of the book and began reading. The book was a little beyond her, but that didn't stop her reading it. If she was to become an astronaut she had to know all about the stars.

Thistle didn't think she would ever get used to just how lonely it was being the only kid at home. All of her older siblings were well and truly on their way at Hogwarts, and she still had years to go before her turn would come. Theia would graduate before Thistle ever got to set foot in the school. It felt profoundly unfair. The Niffler scouts had been a source of comfort ever since Felix had left; even if Thistle was alone with Dad at home, she had a place she could go to be around kids her own age outside of school.

She had asked Dad to take her to the park after the meeting, not quite ready to go home and be all by herself again, and was surprised when she recognised one of the newer members of the group had come to the park as well. Eager to make a new friend, Thistle wandered over to the girl curiously. "You were at Niffler scouts, right?" She asked, plopping onto the bench next to her. "I'm Thistle. What are you reading?"

Tullia hadn't been reading all that long when someone plopped on to the bench in front of her. Tullia looked up from her book, a slight frustration gliding over her features as she then somewhat recognised the girl. Someone from the scouts session she'd just been at, she was a little older, Tullia would estimate a couple of years, but not more than a couple. She seemed friendly enough and eager too if she was willing to speak to her instead of someone more her age. "Tullia," she introduced, a thick irish accent in her word, she then held up the book, an indepth look at the moons of the milky way. "Just some astronomy, it's a bit dense since it's my sister's old book for her astronomy OWL," Tullia told Thistle. "What are you up to Thistle?" Tullia didn't manage to say the girl's name too right, since the th was not something she'd ever managed.

Thistle peered at the younger girl's book curiously, a little surprised at the size of it. "Oh, that's cool!" On one hand, Thistle couldn't believe she had never thought of stealing any of her older siblings' textbooks. On the other hand, the things she looked forward to about Hogwarts were hardly based on classes. Giving herself extra homework before school even started didn't sound like all that much fun. She shrugged when Tullia asked what she was up to, legs kicking back and forth as she answered. "I just came here to play. My family are all at Hogwarts, so it's really boring at home when it's not holidays."

Tullia wasn't sure if this girl, Thistle did really think it was interesting, but it certainly wouldn't be the first time that someone had thought of her books as completely uninteresting. She had likes and interests that were not of the typical persons and it wasn't something she minded. "Oh, that must be really boring," she was the middle child and though her family wasn't the same anymore, she at least always had someone around. "How many siblings do you have?" she asked, knowing that the question might be returned to her and she was already counting in her head at how many there were, always needing to refresh herself on the number.

Thistle nodded when the other girl said her life must be boring, kicking her legs back and forth as she answered. "Yeah, it's real boring. Dad tries to make it fun and he's cool, but the house is quiet with just us." She shrugged when Tullia asked about her siblings. "Three. My sister's the oldest, then I've got two brothers, then me. And me and my brothers are adopted." She added, since people always seemed to think it was interesting that they all looked so different. Thistle kept kicking her legs, already wishing she was running around. "Do you have siblings?" She asked curiously.

Tullia would never describe her parents, either of them as cool....which they probably were in their own right, just never with her, and never when she'd been around them. It didn't matter now anyway. She nodded as Thistle said how many siblings she had, three was acceptable, a moderate family of four, and it was pretty interesting that she had been adopted. The smarter part of Tullia's brain had her not asking the questions she desparately wanted to. But of course the question was asked of her, and she considered whether or not she should count...."I have six siblings, two older sisters, then me, then one younger sister and three younger brothers," she listed, leaving out the one that wasn't there any more. He was still her brother, but he wasn't worth getting into with Thistle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back