Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Divorced
Sexual Orientation
Straight
Wand
Rosewood Wand 14 1/4" Essence Of Hair From The Mane Of A Unicorn
Violet wandered down to the lakefront, one of her favourite places in the school. The sun was setting - it was the late afternoon, a perfect time for reflection. It was a cool, breezy afternoon, and Violet was very glad she had brought a jacket, as her hair flew out of the dodgy yellow hair ribbon she'd tied it up in. Violet didn't mind, as such - it was quite an ugly ribbon. She'd only bought it because she was in Hufflepuff, and it clashed terribly with her red hair. She shook her head, trying to get her hair out of her face.
She sank down on to the ground on the very edge of the lake, her skirt fanning out around her legs. It's nice to be back, she thought, dreamily. It feels like coming home. Violet slipped her flat, black shoes off, and dipped her feet in to the water - first one, then the other. She shuddered for a moment - as it was getting late, the water was getting colder - but it didn't take her long to relax and get used to the calming feeling of the water around her feet and ankles. She placed her hands on the ground just behind her, and looked up at the pink and blue sky. "I wonder what this year will be like?" she mumbled, curious. She'd heard that second years had the lightest workload of all - less classes (because they didn't have Flying). She knew she'd have to pick electives this year - and she wanted to do them all, but didn't know if that was possible. But it didn't matter. There was still a long time before she had to do that. Sighing, she gently closed her eyes. "I could get used to this," she whispered, to nobody in particular.

Andromeda saw a familiar face by the lakefront and jumped off her broom, she had been heading back to the castle but decided last minute that fresh air was more of what she needed. She sank down on the grass beside Violet and looked out to the lake.
"Hey you" she smiled half heartedly, "well, are you thrilled as kid in a sweet shop to be back then?"
She had been, of course she had been but that was before she had seen BG. Now the strongest feeling she had in the pit of her stomach was that of being ticked off, cheesed off if she knew really strong swear words she would most likely use them. But even words were failing her now.
"Are we still going to organise that party then?"

Violet turned around when she heard a familiar voice, and smiled as she saw Andy. "Hey! Wow, you changed your hair!" she exclaimed. Andy's hair used to be as red as Violet's, but it was darker now. Mentally, she kicked herself for saying that. Geez, Violet, that wasn't rude or anything, she thought, frustrated. "Party...yeah, I think we should." She grinned. "I'm not sure how, though. My mum had to force me to even have birthday parties before I came here!"

Andromeda smiled at Vi.
"Wow someone noticed at last. I really thought no one had been paying that much attention to what colour it had been before. So thank you, even if you don't like it. I thank you for noticing" She grinned looking out at the lake, it really was lovely and peaceful here.
"Well lets start with baby steps then, where should we hold it? The great hall or on the lawn perhaps?"

"I do like it. I reckon it suits you." Violet said, with a smile. She looked thoughtful for a moment, wondering why she'd decided to host a party in the first place. She was no socialite, she didn't know much about talking to people at all. "I think the lawn would be a good place," she said, quietly and thoughtfully.

Andromeda noticed how pensive Violet seemed to become once the party had been mentioned. It was no secret that Andromeda loved parties and was frequently hosting them whenever or wherever she could.
"The lawn is perfect. We could do a really good job here you know, we could get some bunting and ribbons and levitate them in the air. I must ask professor Lloyd actually about longer lasting floating charms" she became highly thoughtful herself, "I'm going to send an owl to my boss and ask him for an advance on my wages so we can get some of the variety buckets and cakes he sells and we should get a decent reduction too. We could do balloons and get some music. At christmas one of the house elves left us this music box, it was just a black cube for all the world but if you spoke the name of a song into it. It played it, it was great really. We could even get people to sing too. What do you think?"
She hoped she wasn't running away with the whole organisation of the party, Andromeda often got carried away with these things.

"Woah, woah, slow down!" Violet exclaimed, overwhelmed. "You're used to this sort of thing, aren't you?" she asked Andy with a smile. "And that music box sounds really awesome, on another note," she grinned. "But wow, that all sounds like heaps of fun!" Violet felt slightly embarassed - she'd never really been to a proper party before, let alone hosted one. Her mother was always trying to get her to ask nice girls from school over, but Violet never really wanted to. It was way harder now, because Violet didn't know anybody else who lived in Australia.

Andromeda laughed and pulled her wand out of her robes.
"Hang on" she smiled then flicking her wand summoned a quill and parchment. She didn't know where they came from other than someone called Alyssa Snow had her name written on the top of the piece of paper. Andromeda grinned before tearing a piece off and began writing on it.
"We need to make a list, all good parties start with a list" she told Violet before banishing the rest of the parchment back to whence it came.
"I'll send the quill back later".

"Okay..." Violet began, dumbly. "Um, what sort of list? I mean, what do we need to write?" she asked, a little hopelessly. Sure, Violet was intelligent, but she wasn't necessarily socially savvy. "And might I add, that summoning charms never fail to impress me?" she said, having given an appreciative whistle as Andy summoned the parchment and quill.

"Oh me too all impressive. My ultimate favourite is the advanced banishing charm though. I must have sent things flying to back to where they belong as often as I possibly could since I returned." Andromeda drew a line and wrote Violets party across the top and the word "list of essentials" underneath.
"Well we need to list what we have to do and stuff. Like who are you going to invite? Do we put up posters or send out personal invitations? How many were you hoping would come? Will it be just candy type food or savoury as well? What types of drinks will be served? Music, fancy dress, themed or not? The list for the list could be endless itself. So we start small. Who is the party for?"

"Woah..." Violet started, still overwhelmed. "I can see why I've never done anything social before. It's an awful lot of work. Shall we make it a second years party?" she asked, not wanting it to get overly crowded or out of hand...but not really wanting to exclude people.

"Sure I don't mind, though there are alot fewer of us now isn't there?" Andromeda also considered that if it were an all second year party then Brian would be in attendance and she couldn't bare the thought of him blanking her infront of her friends. The humiliation would be too much.
"How about for the first years too, don't think I've actually met any of them bar one or two".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back