Randomly browsing

Lisa Boatwood

Wand
Lignum Vitae Wand 16" Essence of Dragon's Whisker
The door to the Dungeons opened with a loud creak. Lisa gazed down at the dark corridor and repressed a shudder. Why hadn't she brought Taylor with her? She was the brave one out of the two; she would have kept Lisa going. But she was on her own, and there was nothing she could do about it.

The Dungeons were cold, eery and damp. Lisa was wearing only a cardigan, and now she bitterly regretted it as she crept along, wondering what kind of people she might meet.

Isaac was lounging around his common room, rather cozy to his liking and proud that he dwelled within the dungeons despite the fact that he now had to share his room with others. After a while however, he decided to get some fresh air outside, if only for a bit, before returning to his beloved dungeons. Exiting his common room in a button up shirt and a blazer, Isaac almost didn't notice anyone else down here as he adjusted his jacket. Once he picked his head back up, his bright blue eyes immediately fell upon a blondehaired girl who seemed to be frightened to be here. By her reaction Isaac just knew she wasn't a Slytherin so he walked up to her, with his hands in his pockets as he said icily, "What're you doing down here?" He was glad classes hadn't started yet because she couldn't use the excuse that she'd forgotten something in the Potions room.

"What're you doing down here?"

Lisa glanced up to see a blonde boy staring at her. Caught in the act, she thought to herself, trying to stop her cheeks turning red, of which she promptly failed. "I-I was just looking around," she said to the boy; it was very clear he was a Slytherin, with him being in the Dungeons, and the fact that he wasn't being very friendly towards her. "And anyway, it's none of your business," she added, her eyes narrowing.

Isaac kept his ice blue eyes narrowed on the girl as she responded to him, her voice starting off weak and stuttering but growing stronger by the time she said it wasn't his business. "But I think it is," he replied, "this is our territory," he said. "There's no need to ask where you're from, because it doesn't matter; obviously it's not Slytherin," he said to her coolly. "You should go before you regret it," he warned her calmly.

"You should go before you regret it."

Lisa scoffed. This boy was so Slytherin it was reeking off him. And I am a Slytherin Buster, she smiled to herself. "Why?" she asked, confidence growing; she was wrong, she didn't need Taylor. "What're you going to do, jinx me?" Lisa had been practising with her wand, and could draw it quickly. She didn't want to jinx someone during her first few days here, but if it was necessary, she would.

[Sorry for the delay.]

Isaac laughed when the girl immediately got defensive. He really only said it as a joke, pretending to be yet another Slytherin stereotype. "Calm down dollface," he told her calmly with a sly grin. He did this manuever with his sisters, acting calm when they were angry only made them angrier and it just made Isaac laugh in return. "Besides, it wasn't me I was warning you from, it was the others," he added nonchalantly shrugging his shoulders. He had observed his housemates for the past few days and he had to admit they were more menacing than Isaac. Isaac was in Slytherin because he was the ambitious, arrogant type, not the malicious kind.

[Okay I'm finally getting the hang of Isaac's character:)]

(No, not at all. :) )

"Calm down dollface. Besides, it wasn't me I was warning you from, it was the others."

Lisa almost got a shock; this guy wasn't actually a malicious, snobbish Slytherin like Brode Fudge. Dannii was right, she thought to herself, Maybe Slytherins aren't that bad, after all. Her thoughts strayed to Ava and Brodie. Okay, maybe not.
"I can handle the others, no problem." Lisa emphasised the words; she knew a nice jinx that would stop Slytherins underestimating her for her blood. "Or, at least, the malicious people."

Thanks

Sydney made her way down to the common room. She had her drawing pad under her arm, no-one in the school knew she drew and she hoped to keep it that way.

"Calm down dollface. Besides, it wasn't me I was warning you from, it was the others."

When she heard the voice she quickly shoved it up her top and changed the way she was walking to the one she used in public. The one that stated clearly that she was better tan other people, she knew she wasn't but her parents would kill her if she let anyone else knew she thought that way.

As she turned the corner, Sydney saw a girl, obviously not a Slytherin, and a boy that was. She was saying something now but she wasn't paying attension what. They didn't seem to be arguing, well, the girl did. Maybe he was playing with her. Like Brodie does. Sydney shook her head and leant against the wall, wondering how long it would take them to notice her.

Lisa was awaiting the boy's reply when another person joined them, a girl. Surprisingly, the newcomer didn't say anything, but just leant up against the wall, watching them. Lisa glanced at the girl, who had the air of a snob, but paid her no attention. If she didn't have anything to say, Lisa would keep it that way.

Isaac's lips curled upward slightly in a triumphant smirk when he saw her face in slight shock at his response, but didn't fully smirk. He was rather enjoying himself now, but not for the reasons many would think. He wasn't 'torturing' her or bullying her really. He laughed, out of amusement really, though it came out demeaning towards her. "Really?" he asked with interest, though someone might think he was only toying with her. "And how would you take care of them?" he asked, genuinely interested in her reply. Before either of them could get a word out however, he saw something or someone out of the corner of his eye. He saw the girl turn in the direction and knew he wasn't the only one who'd seen them. His pale blue eyes rested upon another girl, a Slytherin, he concluded after recalling seeing her in the common room. Was she just passing through, or here to watch?

Sydney noticed them voth look at her. The boy seemed to stop what he was going to say to look at her. "Oh don't mind me, just here to watch, carry on." She smirked, it was convincing but fake. She was actually enjoying watching people playing with others instead of doing it herself. Maybe I should watch more often.Sydney thought while making a mental not to memorize the exact positions they were in, she liked the way they were standing and the expressions they had so she wanted to draw them later.

Lisa sighed and turned away from the newcomer. What was the point of being in the presence of other people if it was just to "watch"? She almost shook her head at the pointlessness.

"Do you really want to see?" Lisa asked of the boy, giving him her attention. She wondered who she would jinx, the boy or the girl. The boy, she concluded. He WAS the one who asked, after all.

[Sorry Laura! Been having some major blockage issues with Isaac =-/ ]

Isaac watched the girl with curious blue eyes as she seemed to be deciding something in her head. "Oh yes, I would, but not on me," he clarified before the girl could think she one-uped him. "Nor would I prefer for you to attack an innocent bystander," he said, nodding his head towards his fellow Housemate who was there to watch.

"Fine, suit yourself," Lisa said, waving a hand in the air; she wasn't just going to jinx someone for the fun of it; that was the Death Eater's job. She glanced at the boy again; he wasn't like other Slytherins.

[Don't worry. I'm good. :) ]

"Pity," he stated with a playful pout though it quickly turned into a smirk. He placed his hands in his pockets and leaned against the wall, flipping his hair without even noticing he did it, it just came subconsciously to him. "Let's say I did volunteer myself," he said with an eye roll as he began to play with the girl. "What would you have done?" He looked at her skeptically, doubting whether she even knew enough magic to do him damage. He was curious for her reply, though his face showed nothing but a smirk.

Lisa flicked a lock of hair from her face and smirked right back at him. "Oh, I would have locked your legs together," she said, slowly drawing her wand and glancing at the other girl, who hadn't said a word. "Like this. Locomotor Mortis!" she said, pointing at the boy's legs.

Isaac had only just looked over at the other girl watching when suddenly he felt his legs snap and lock together. Since his hands were in his pockets they caused him to feel lopsided and he was about to fall over before he removed his hands from his pockets and caught himself. "Hey what the--?!" he began to shout, shooting her a murderous glare. He pulled his own ebony wand out and said, "You better know the counter curse to this otherwise you'll really be sorry." It wasn't like Isaac hadn't taken a leaf out of his books.

Sydney watched the banter between the two. She raised her eyebrows slightly when the boy said not to jinx her and nodded her head politley at him.

The brunette watched them talk, he seemed doubtful of the blonde and she seemed like she was enjoying the thought of jinxing or hexing him. Sydney was about to walk past and go into the common room, she needed to put the notebook that was up her top awat, when the blonde girl actually did curse the boy. She giggled quietly, not laughing properly, at the look of confusion on his face changing to frustration. She still didn't speak, letting her expression of amusment and a flicker of impressment (sp?) speak for her. Sydney would undo the curse if the blonde didn't, you didn't leave a housemate helpless.

Lisa smiled. "Don't worry, I do," she said, pointing her wand at Isaac's feet and uttering the counter-curse. "You did ask, though," she said, as his legs snapped open again. She lowered her wand; she wouldn't put it away until he did.

Isaac scowled when she finally released him, noticing the smile she wore on her face. He rolled his ice blue eyes and said, "Yes but I distinctly remember saying not to use me as a demonstration!" His ebony wand was still gripped tightly in his hands though he wasn't about to attack a girl, no matter how much he wished to. Cursing the manners that were embedded in his brain, he slowly put his wand away in his pocket. "It's been nice chatting, but I suggest you don't stray long around here, some might not be as forgiving as me." He narrowed his eyes once out of annoyance but turned on his heel and headed back into the common room.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back