Quiet time.

Dominic Thatcher

Wand
12 inch, Eucalyptus, Essence of bunyip fang
Dominic settled himself on a comfortable chair reading a new muggle book that his mum had sent him. He hadn't read for a while, no time for that these days. Hogwarts had him working flat out and he barely got any time to do anything he wanted to do. He had tried his best to keep up with all the work, but just before he said to himself, "What the heck, I am sick of all this homework, for once I'm going to do something that I want to do."

He wasn't the exact definition of a bookworm, but he definitely did enjoy a good book. He noticed how he couldn't read fantasies anymore because well, he was a wizard now and most of it could actually happen to him, he preferred hi Sci- Fi books nowadays.

Zazuka too was having a bit of a brake from her work but in a diffrent way. In her hands was a Terot Deck with the faces of cats on all the suits. The deck was not that old but slightly battered that signaled a fair bit of use. Zazuka herself looked like she should have been at a beach. A white blouse, opaque with a bit of modesty built in and a sheer skirt with a slit very high up. White sandals topped everything off along with a bell around her ankle. Zazuka was looking out a window and shuffling her deck. Just shuffling. Weather there was any intention of actually making a spread was completely up in the air but still it was comforting having the cards in her hands. The energy of the otherside seeped from her and into them so she could have some peace to think. It didn't take long for Zazuka to notice the energy of another person sitting close by but she didn't want to bother anyone.

Dominic noticed a somebody walk in. She seemed to be shuffling a deck of cards. Dom's eyes watched as she shuffled, they weren't an ordinary deck of cards with kings, and aces and numbers. They seemed to have different things on them, he was intrigued by what they were. He suspected that they might be Tarot cards, he had heard of them, but never had he seen some for himself. "What are those?" He blurted out in the dead silence.

Zazuka jumped making the cards in her hands spill all over the floor. She had been so caught up in her own thoughts that the sound of another living being was enough to startle her. Zazuka flicked her wand and brought the cards back up into her hands. "Sorry about that." She said her voice a sigh at this point. "This is my cat lover's deck to answer your question though." She said placing a kind smile on her face. Whatever was wrong with her she would always smile and make it seem like her world was nothing but sunshine.

Dominic let out a small chuckle as she dropped all the cards, but quickly stopped himself before he began to come across as rude. "Cat lovers cards?" He said, intrigued. So they answer the question to your thoughts, he thought. He found that quite amazing really. Even after years of magic nothing ceased to amaze him. Dominic was never any good at Divination but was now beginning to think that he should pay a little more attention to what the teacher had to say. The girl seemed friendly enough. "I'm Dom, by the way," He added, his Australian accent slightly noticeable as he spoke.

Zazuka smiled and looked down. "Zazuka Bones, a pleasure." She said as she started with the cards again. Any nerves that she had would be put into the cards and not into her speech. "Yes a Cat Lover's deck. There's a Tarot for the intrest of almost any person. Like most who work with the cards I started with a White Rider deck but then felt drawn to this one instead." She said then beamed sunshine. Whatever she had been thinking about was put in the back of her mind for later. Zazuka looked down at the book in his hands. "I see that your doing a bit of light reading. I'm not much into sci-fi but I do like a good Bot novel now and again." She said but then put one hand to her lips. Perhaps she had said too much.

Dominic nodded, despite not having a clue what Zazuka was talking about. "Yeah, I haven't read in ages," Dom said, "I guess I find it difficult to read fantasies nowadays." He wondered whether she knew what he meant, fantasies just didn't have the same ring to them when most of the stuff in the books could happen in real life. "So, how do these 'cat lover' cars work?" Quickly thinking of something to say before the two fell into one of those dreaded awkward silences.

Zazuka nodded. "Well that's what I find fun about it sometimes. You can read the novel and say 'I can do that' when you never knew you could do it before." She said. Zazuka still liked to read things like Twilight or the House of Night. Like most here books that dealt with the fantecy of magic were more like textbooks than anything else. Vampire novels where more far feched seeing as how she had actually studied vampiers at one point but she liked them.

She smiled wide when he asked about her cards. "Just like any tarot deck if you know how that works. You fouse your energy on the question that you need to ask then pick a spread and work with it. Sometimes there are cryptics though. I have asked the same question about fifty times now in every way I can imagen and the cards still refuse to give as straight of an answer they can possibly give me." She said then sighed. She hoped she hadn't lost Dom by now but then she had the uncany ability of confusing people very easyly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back