House Points Board

Ravenclaw: Hufflepuff: Gryffindor: Slytherin:

Quiet time in the library

Leah Winters

OOC First Name
Malynne
Wand
13" Sequoia Dragon heartstring
Leah entered the library, taking quiet steps as she neared the large and ominous book cases. This was a very quiet place to study, and Leah really wanted to get some studying before darkness came. The sun was already setting through the window, curfew was arriving fast, but Leah could care less. Hopefully if she used the, "I had to study and lost track of time" excuse she'd be alright.
Curfew was an hour away, however, so she brushed the worry from her mind, and pulled a book out of a shelf. Self defense magic. "This should do the trick." She said aloud, before going to a chair and making herself comfortable before cracking the first page open.

Dominic loved the night time, it was a shame that students had a curfew, the Hogwarts grounds were just beautiful at night. He had broken curfew about four times now, he was smart about it and made sure he couldn't get caught. The library was a great place to hide out until it became dark, then he would come out and explore the place. He was joping to see a few people in the library, that made him more conspicuous. Over by the shelves he spotted a Slytherin girl he had seen before. It was Leah. He barely knew Leah at all and had only really spoken to her on one occasion. He walked over to her. "Hello," he said politely. Leah had a reputation for being mean and angry, he tried to give her no reason to turn around and scream her lungs out at Dom.

A voice rung out in the library breaking the silence that Leah had come in to enjoy. Sighing, she looked up from her book in the chair, and went, "Shh. It's a library." And something odd happened, she actually felt a little bad for what she said. Sighing again, she went, "Sorry. You surprised me. I was entranced by my book." She suddenly felt annoyed again for explaining what she did. I don't see why I have to explain everything. She thought with frustration. "You're Dominic." Leah stated, waiting for confirmation.

"It's all good," Dom said to Leah, being told to be quiet was no big deal. Dominic took a seat. "Why yes, I am Dominic." He waited for her name to come into his head. He knew it just a second ago. Dom was frustrated now, in the space of a minute, he had forgotten her name. "Um... Sorry, what was your name again?" He was terrible with remembering names. He was now expecting the girl to be very annoyed, Alexander Fields had warned Dom about what this girl was like.

"Yeah." Leah said, marking the page with a bookmark she had found on the table beside her. "I'm sure we've met, so I won't waste time with 'Nice to meet you crap.'" She said. "It's Leah." Leah Winters was slightly annoyed that he had forgotten her name, but it mattered not. She had had to think a little about what his name was when he arrived in the library. "Are you here to study?" She asked, trying to se if he had his bag with him.

((Haha! Alex said that? lolz))

((Yeah, lol)

"Leah, thats it" Dom said, he knew her name, just forgot it for a second. He felt a little bad for forgetting her name, but it was no big deal. "I wasn't going to waste time it any of this nice to meet you crap either," He answered back at Leah, smirking, he wasn't really going to say 'nice to meet you' but answered back to Leah because of how rudely she spoke. "Well, no I'm not studying," He truthfully said, wondering whether he should tell Leah the real reason why he was here. He decided it would be best not to tell her.

What was wrong with this boy? Leah stared at him oddly, he seemed a bit...to reserved. Regardless, she gave him a smirk. "Very funny. Quite the charmer, are you?" She asked him, slightly joking. She wanted to be a bit nicer to people but it was a struggle after years of rudeness, and coldness. "Decided to come read a book then?" Leah found humor in slight interrogation, and wondered why he really came in here.

((Can I read? :p ))

Dominic laughed as she stared at him oddly. He got stares like that a lot. Charmer eh? He had never been called that before. "Well, not really...." He answered. Charmer, usually he was called just the opposite. "Um, Yeah I'm going to read," He lied, he was a good lier, but could he could be caught if Leah knew how to spot a lie. The real reason he was here was he was planning to break curfew. He was going to wait around in the library until it was dark, the head out into the grounds.

Leah stared at him as if looking through him. She wondered if Dominic was lying to her, but could honestly care less. It wasn't anything to do with her, and if it had been she would have known already. Leah looked him up and down, suddenly noticing that he was actually quite good looking. She didn't know him well, of course, and didn't have a crush, but for a moment she treated herself to a brief checking out of the opposite sex. "Well, anyway." Leah looked away, and decided to think of other things. "I hope you enjoy whatever you're going to read."

"Oh, I'll enjoy myself," Dom said, actually referring to exploring the grounds at night rather than reading a book, but Leah didn't know that. Leah was being friendly enough. Maybe she isn't all that mean, He thought. Dom suddenly realised that he should probably read something, seeing as he told Leah he came to to do some reading. He picked out the closest book on the shelf, Seers: reading the future. Boring, he thought. But nonetheless he opened the book and read without thinking of what the book actually said. He really wanted to tell someone that he was sneaking out, but he wasn't sure whether he could trust Leah. Dom looked up from his book. "Leah. Can I trust you?" He asked, he was still unsure whether he could trust her, but figured that he hadn't snuck out yet so he wouldn't get in any trouble if she told before he went out.

"Great." Leah replied shortly, before opening up her book, and snuggling down for a good read. Dom had picked up a book, so she figured he'd probably be quiet. He didn't seem like the talkative type anyway. Her book was very informative. She desperately wanted to learn more spells before making a few life changing decisions she had been planning to make for a long while. Suddenly she looked at Dom and raised an eyebrow. His question was an odd one. "Can you trust me?" She repeated. "Probably not. But, if it's something silly then yes." She gave off a vibe that she didn't really care about what he had to say, but in reality she was extremely curious. "Anyway, as long as you didn't murder someone, then yes. You can trust me."

" I'm actually in the library because I'm planning to break curfew and explore the grounds," Dominic told Leah. He was planning to ask a friend if they wanted to come. But Dominic hadn't run into any friends today. Dom began to read his book, but found it very hard to keep quiet and focused for very long. He wasn't A.D.D, he was just always on the go, one of the many reasons he was claasified by others as 'weird' or 'strange'. But Dom didn't mind, it made him unique. Dominic wondered whether to ask Leah if she wnted to come. But decided it was best for her not to tag along, unless she asked, or Dom decided to mention it just as he had to leave.

"Oh." Leah was speechless. She hadn't expected him to actually tell her what he was going to do. She had broke curfew so many times, it would have been incredibly hypocritical for her to run off and tell the teacher. "Hm. That sounds like fun. A good way to break the dullness of school life." She smiled. "May I come along?"

"Sure," Dom said, smiling, it would be good to have some company. "We'll have to hide when the librarian clears the library for curfew." Just after he said that the librarian called, "Everybody, curfew is in 5 minutes, stop what you are reading and get back to your common rooms." People began to file out of the library. Dom glanced around for a place to hide. "Quick, hide," He whispered to Leah. The librarian was now coming around to check the library was clear. There was a big armchair in the corner that would be perfect to hide behind. He squeezed himself between the chair and the wall. He quickly glanced out to mkae sure that Leah had found herself somewhere where she could not be spotted by the libarian.

Leah looked around trying to find a place to hide. She sneaked over to the librarians counter, and hid under it, hoping she wouldn't look under. A few minutes past, and suddenly a light went off, leaving the library in complete darkness, she herd the familiar sound of a door closing, and footsteps in the hall.
Crawling out from under the counter, Leah noticed it was safe, and stood up, brushing off her pants. "Ready, to go?" She asked Dom. She felt happier than she had in days, the adrenaline of doing something they were not supposed to was probably responsible.

Dom smiled as the lights went out and he heard footsteps exit the library. He squeezed back out from his hiding spot. Where is Leah? He thought, it was hard to see anything. He heard a voice out of the darkness, it must've been Leah. "Yeah, lets go," Dom said, walking towards the door. He nearly crashed into a few shelves and chairs but he managed to make it to the door without knocking anything over. He looked around to see if Leah had followed.

(( I made a topic http://hogwartsnewzealand.com/topic/7220930/1/ ))

Users who are viewing this thread

Back