Promenade

Scorpius Knight

OOC First Name
Abby
Wand
Elder 15 1/2" Essence of Thestral Tail Hair
A single note lay on Luna's bed in which Scorpius had asked a Ravenclaw girl to put it there. The note was inscribed in Scorpius' grungy handwriting and it read:
Find me beneath The Raven and The Tell Tale Heart.

P.S. A dress is not required but preferred. No heels though, you'll thank me for that later.

Luna had been taking a nap in Autumns bed due to it being closer to the door when she heard a slight shuffling. She ignored it and tried to fall back asleep believing it to be Autumn doing something or trying to subtly get Luna out of her bed. After a few minutes she gave up, yawning and stretching she made her way over to what part of the cake was left. Gobbling about half of it before going back to her own bed.

She noticed a piece of paper laying on it and wondered what it could be. She scrunched her eyebrows in confusion at the note but went ahead and put on a dress anyways, picking one of the summer dresses her friends had gotten her as a going away present back at Beauxbatons and some white ballet flats. Her hair was already laying in loose curls so aside from getting some of the frizz out from sleep she let it be.

She wracked her brain wondering where she was possibly supposed to go. She grabbed the small blue strand of beads out of her jewelry box and put them around her neck as she walked out. Where would I go that would mean alot of walking? she decided the towers were her best bet. She walked up the north tower first seeing as it was the closest. When she got to the top she was annoyed, there was nothing up here. But her legs were tired so she sat down to take a small break. She noticed a small book on the floor nearby and found another slip of paper. What the? she thought

[Do I have it right now? :wacko: ]

[Yeah that's fine. ^-^ ]

Scorpius had chosen the book of poetry by Edgar Allen Poe because he remembered that was the book her sister Kailey had been reading when he first met her, and thus, when he first met Luna. His remembrance of that memory reminded him that he had first met Luna when she was asking for Kailey's Sapphire Streak to go fly with Angus. He hated that due to Angus they had met but he had been assured by Luna that they were just friends so he didn't question it much.

Inside the book was another note that read:
You'll find me where most brooms dwell.

Luna read the scrap of paper and found that one much easier to comprehend. But he must want to kill her with walking. The north tower to the quidditch pitch was quite a distance and to walk it would be hell. She picked up the book and headed towards the quidditch pitch broom shed, seeing a piece of paper sticking to one of the brooms.

Scorpius felt bad that he was going to be sending Luna all over the castle but he needed time to practice for the final result and hoped all would go well.

On the broom was yet another note that read:
You'll find the next clue in the ruins of a basket from our afternoon out.

He knew that day wasn't a pleasant one for them at all but it was a day that always reminded him of how much he liked her because he had been so afraid of losing her.

She walked to the garden where they had had the picnic and saw a brand new basket sitting under their tree. She was glad she had yet to get one wrong as she put the book and the other notes in the basket. Getting the next one out from in between the pieces of a weaved wood like substance. How many notes were there going to be?

The next note simply read:
The next clue is hidden beneath a blueish rock at the place where I met your wonderful best friend under not-so-good circumstances.

Scorpius used the words "wonderful best friend" sarcastically but he didn't know if Luna would catch that. He placed a single red rose on top of the indicated rock in order to aid her in finding the clues faster. He didn't want her to be lost or get frustrated and give up.

"Nice sarcasm Scorpius..." Luna muttered under her breath surprisingly angry. She shook her head and headed to the lakefront. After stopping to have a chat with the 'wonderful best friend' in question as she passed him she finished the short walk considerably happier. Seeing the rose she figured that that was the rock to look under. She smelled the rose and gently put it in the basket keeping the lid open so it could get some sun and got out the next note.

Scorpius felt a little bad for sending Luna all through the castle just for a few pieces of paper, but as the minutes droned on, he knew he would get nervous and he needed every amount of time available, even if that meant stalling. The note under the rock read:
I know this place a little too well, but it came in handy on the eve of Halloween.

Luna scanned over the note quickly. Now glad she had opted for the light dress and the flats. To the hospital wing I go... she thought trudging across the grounds and up to the hospital wing where she found a piece of paper laying on the pillow of the bed she had slept in when they had been there. This is getting ridiculous... she thought picking up the small scrap of paper.

I swear to god if this lasts much longer I'm just going to go get Angus and make that cake... There would be less walking involved. Luna thought but then mentally slapped herself for it. Sure he was making her walk all around the school but taking the time to set all of this up was extremely romantic. She read the note and quickly knew where to go, smiling at the memory. Back before the fighting had started, fir first few weeks of their relationship had seemed to be their best ones. She hoped that would change by the days end. As she walked towards the door she noticed what the green haired girl had carved in.

Scorpius was more nervous than he needed to be. Despite all the fighting they did, Luna was still his girlfriend, of course she'd say yes right? What was he worrying about? He had seen many muggle movies in which girls always made a big deal about being asked to dances even if they were already with their boyfriends, so he wanted to avoid that mess and decided to try and pull something romantic for Luna. He had been in the music room all day, preparing for this crucial moment in which he hoped to make up for all his previous stupid mistakes. He had polished the piano, and placed a huge bouquet of roses on top. When one of his sources had told him that Luna was leaving the Nurse, he straightened his tie that hung loosely on his neck and sat at the bench of the piano.

His fingers hovered over the piano keys as he began to play the song he had secretly been learning ever since he heard Luna play it. He smiled as he recalled the memory of that night, when she looked so beautiful playing it, when he had clumsily rested his elbow on the keys as he watched her, causing a jam of notes to honk out. He remembered their first kiss in this room, and how she had fallen asleep on his shoulder. He continued to play the song over and over as he kept replaying the memories in his head with a goofy grin on his face, waiting for her to finally arrive.

The door opened with an extremely soft click, muted by the sound of the piano. She heard the beautiful notes floating out of the piano and looked over to see Scorpius playing it, from memory it seemed. As mesmerized as she got when she played, completely into the music. She smiled and padded over to the piano silently as to not shake him out of whatever happy place he was in as he played. As the last few notes played the sat on the bench as lightly as possible, wrapping her arm around his waist as he hit the last note, laying her head on his shoulder.

Scorpius smiled lightly when he saw Luna approach in his peripheral vision and finished off the song as he felt her arms around him. He turned to look at her once he was done, letting his arms fall loosely to his side and gave her a light kiss on the top of her head. He fiddled with his sleeves to keep them rolled up and it finally came to him why he was so hesitant to ask her, or why he was so afraid she'd say no. Yesterday as he had been co-hosting Hoshi's Date Game, he saw Luna in the distance with Angus and even though Luna had told him they were just friends, he couldn't help but feel jealous. He didn't voice his concerns to her though because last time he did, she got mad at him and that is not what he wanted right now. "You look great," he said to her genuinely with a warm smile on his face.

Luna smiled lightly at him and sat back up straight, planting a light but lingering kiss on his lips. "I would say you didn't look so bad yourself... But that would be an understatement." she said taking a closer look at him before scooting over closer to him on the piano bench. Remembering their first time down here, The day they had gotten together. September 17th, 2021 had definitely been a good day for Luna, too bad they didn't seem to be able to come back to that point of happiness. She waved those thoughts from her mind and once again got wrapped up in the moment. Taking in the aroma from the roses on the piano. "This is all just..." she paused trying to think of a word. "wow." she finished lamely wanting to hit herself.

Scorpius smiled at Luna's compliment and seemed stunned by the fact that she was impressed. "Really?" he questioned unbelievably. It was more of a rhetorical question so he didn't expect her to answer. "I don't know," he said aloud, "I just want to make it up to you I guess," he said with a shrug; he hadn't meant to bring up the fact that their relationship was so rocky, so he tried not to bring any more negativity upon them.

"This is my favorite memory of ours," he said softly with a smile, gesturing towards the piano. His fingers traced lightly over the smooth, ivory keys of the piano before he turned to look at her and lifted her chin with one of his fingers and placed a light kiss on her lips. "I brought you here to...ask you if you wanted to go to the Yule Ball with me?" His grey eyes stared into her green ones curiously, wondering if she would think he was dumb for even asking. As couples it was sort of implied that they'd go together, but he didn't want to seem insensitive by not asking, so he had decided to pull this little stunt.

[Her eyes are Green :p ]

"Gah... I feel so bad now. You didn't really have to try to make anything up. I should get a fair share of the blame." she murmured wrapping her arms around him and leaning lightly onto him. "But this whole thing is extremely sweet." she added giving him a small kiss on the cheek. When he asked if she wanted to go to the Yule ball Luna was a bit surprised. She had assumed they we're going together, not that she was upset by him asking or anything. Just a bit thrown off, It was still nice to be asked though she figured. "Of Course Scorpius." she said lightly, her tone showing that she meant it to be happy and not 'Duh'.

[and with that I must be off... Goodnight]

[Damn, I knew it too, but I second guessed myself and changed it! Ah well, I edited it. :oy: ]

Scorpius shook his head lightly and smiled as she said it was really sweet. She seemed to like it and that was all he could ask for. "I'm glad you like it," he murmured softly. After he asked her he looked at her with a bit of doubt in the pit of his stomach. Angus' face swam into his mind but he refrained from scowling. That was the one reason why he was so afraid Luna would say yes. Why should he have to question his girlfriend's response to his offer to take her to the Yule Ball? That worried him. When she finally said of course, Scorpius sighed in relief and couldn't help but grin from ear to ear. "Awesome," he said beaming. He wrapped his arms around her to lift her and got up off the piano bench to twirl her around in excitement.

Before she knew what was happening she was being lifted up by Scorpius and being twirled around the room. She went along with it but was a bit confused. Was that...relief she sensed? Had he really thought that she would say no? Had ther relationship been that rocky lately? All of these questions and more flooded through her mind, causing a confused haze to cloud over her eyes for a few seconds before snapping out of it. She had to be overanalyzing things again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back