Pretty Young Thing

Amaryllis Loncar

OOC First Name
Brittany
Wand
Eucalyptis, 13 ½”, Mermaid Scale.
Amaryllis was now beginning to settle in at Hogwarts New Zealand with classes and study time, she had even managed to catch up with her little sister Azolla, and figure out how to get to her dorm room without having to ask for directions and becoming stranded in the corridors in her pajamas. But there was one thing the Amaryllis Bella Loncar hadn't managed to do just yet, make friends. Perhaps she could argue it was the fact that she was studying too hard, or that she wasn't in the right sort of mind set after moving in with Professor Black and her auror husband. But really it would all only be for arguments sake, because really the sixth year had discovered on her own that it was because she simply couldn't be bothered. Plus there was the whole boyfriend situation, all of the Slytherin's dorm mates seemed to want to stay up late gushing on boys and who the hottest Quidditch players were, but the Quidditch cheerleader herslelf wasn't so sure she was even interested in boys anymore. To be quite frank the sixteen year old more often than not found them repulsive. That wasn't to say that she was sure that she liked girls though, right now the sixteen year old could only conclude that she must swing both ways, something she had never told anyone, how exactly was one to bring it up?

Bounding down the third floor corridor, Amaryllis found herself in the Trophy Room, a place she had never been before, but felt as though she should investigate. Afterall, she needed to get some team spirit, something she hadn't completely had since transferring from Hogwarts Scotland, she had no idea what Hogwarts New Zealand was good at, so as her eyes traced the engravings on the various plaques and cups she hummed the tune of a familiar song, pretty young thing, to herself, taking in all of the names upon the golden trophies before her eyes. Amaryllis had always been a pretty young thing herself, and there was no questioning that she could get a boyfriend if she wanted one, perhaps what she really needed was a girlfriend to set her mind straight, to make her sure of what she really wanted, afterall it was at her age that everyone was experimenting, it couldn't do any harm could it? But the sixteen year old's humming seemed to be interrupted by a white blonde girl stumbling upon her, causing Amaryllis to look her up and down, that amazing fashion sense, she seemed to know it from somewhere. That girl was surely from Hogwarts Scotland, she knew it! "Hey! I haven't seen you in ages, where you there when Slytherin won the house cup? Wasn't it amazing, I thought the Gryffindor HOH was never going to stop gawking, I can't believe I haven't seen you around before, I thought I was the only one here from HWS.." she was rambling at such a speed that the other girl didn't have a chance to say a word, and with each word Amaryllis spoke her voice got higher and more excited. She couldn't believe that she might have been making a new friend from her old school.

Jennifer needed a place to study, away from distractions like Scorpius or Sam and Indianna or the girls in her dorm. Aside from herself, most seemed ton constantly talk about boys and it made her think much less of the seventh years because it only furthered the stereotype that girls constantly thought about the male sex and what they thought of them. It really was horrendous and not to mention the thoughts of her former relationship with Matthew Reed and how it kept coming back in waves and hurting her each time she thought of them as a couple and what they were like now. So she went to the first place she thought that she had never encountered anyone, never mind people she knew and promptly walked towards it. This destination was not far from the Hufflepuff house so she decided it did not matter if she wore her uncomfortable heels, she needed something to make her look a little bit less of a fruit because her current outfit, while cute and probably more normal than the rest of her wardrobe did not go with the dark kohl around her eyes too well. It just seemed a bit out of place in her opinion. However, some might think that Jenn's love of literature did not match up with the way she looked and they were wankers in her mind so really... what was the difference?

As the Hufflepuff Seventh Year fought with herself she had barely noticed another body in the Trophy Room and it wasn’t until they came up to her and directed their overly eager words to her. The only problem was that once the blue eyed girl looked at the face of this girl she did not recognize her and when she finished speaking, Jenn almost felt embarrassed for her and uncomfortable for herself because whoever this person that the girl standing before her thought she was speaking to… well it wasn’t her. “I’ve never gone to Hogwarts Scotland,” she said, trying not to be a kill joy but the girl seemed nice and maybe even a little bit scared in her surroundings, which Jenn assumed to be new to her, so she thought maybe it would be nice to help out. However, to try and see if maybe this girl had actually recognized her and mixed up the schools, the blonde Hufflepuff offered, “I did go to Salem for a little bit? Maybe we met there?” Honestly, Jenn could not place this girl so if they had met, Jennifer Lydia really did have no clue under what circumstances, if it was a onetime meeting or even what this girl’s name was. Asking if the girl had a name probably would have been a good place to start but she had nearly forgotten that she did not know her name with the friendly way that she had spoken to her it seemed as if they had known each other for years.

There was only one person that Jennifer had felt this way upon initial meeting and that was her ex-boyfriend but she did not want to think about him or any other guys because lately Jenn thought that it probably wasn’t a good idea for her to consort with them romantically but she was having a hard time getting over Matthew Reed, she almost felt like she needed a fling but there were really no acceptable guys at Hogwarts to give her this so she was stuck because she did not think she was homosexual or bi-sexual. If she was, she wouldn’t have a problem with it, Jenn just had not noticed any of these tendencies in herself so she felt stuck and thought that perhaps getting more into friendship with other’s might just help out… Even if almost all of her romantic involvements had sprung from friendships.​
<i>
</i>

Blinking a little too much as the blond girl spoke over her rambling, Amaryllis blushed a violent red upon her cheeks, it seemed as though she had been rather mistaken in speaking to the girl she had been sure she knew from her previous school. Maybe she really was destined to be alone at Hogwarts New Zealand, as the sixteen year old expected the older girl to leave after their rather embarrassing meeting. But it seemed that she still remained in the Trophy Room, suprisingly enough for Amaryllis, she even continued to converse with the muddle headed girl. "I don't think I've ever met someone from Salem before." it seemed the girl's offer had been rejected by the Slytherin, but it was kind that she had tried to make Amaryllis a little less uncomfortable after making a fool out of herself in front of the new stranger. All she hoped was that first impressions didn't last all that long as she had been told they did by her parents. But the sixteen year old was beginning to get into some sort of fluster, the stranger standing before her was so beautiful and had such an amazing fashion sense, she couldn't help it if she felt a sort of pang in her stomach when she looked at her, in an almost romantic way, keeping in mind that she was still completely confused about her sexuality, she hadn't felt this way before though.

"You do look so familar though." Amaryllis mused once more, now she was sure she had mixed her up with somebody else, though she wanted to know the interesting girl's name. "What's your name" she asked in a boring tone, knowing it was such an un interesting way to get to know somebody, but it really was the only way she knew how to introduce herself. "Mine is Amaryllis" she added, knowing that the girl probably wouldn't get the pronunciation right the first time, nobody really did. The Slytherin had always questioned her parents' choice of names for herself and her siblings, though they were ever so interesting, she couldn't deny she was named after a plant, and as much as she loved plants, it seemed odd to be named after such an odd one, but Amaryllis Bella loved her name with all her heart, it was one of the lasting memories she had of her parents as they had chosen the name for her, and it suited her quirky personality beautifully. Placing one of her feet in front of the other she stood rather quirkily, as she usually did. "It's nice to meet you though" she said, in an apologetic tone, feeling bad that she had dragged the slightly older girl into her crazy rambling in the Trophy room. Amaryllis was going to have to get used to meeting new people now that she was in New Zealand, she couldn't just go up to anybody as she had become accustomed to back in Scotland.

The sixteen year old had only just met the girl she was standing in front of, sure, but she liked her already, there was something about her quirky fashion sense that reminded her of herself and her friends in Slytherin back at Hogwarts Scotland, and though she knew she could never replace them, she wondered if this acquaintance could become one of her good friends, she sure needed more of those. "I'm in Slytherin, sixth year" she commented, wondering whether she was too in the green and silver house, but suspecting not, as she hadn't seen her around the dorms, but she could easily be in the year above her and be in another dorm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back