Predicting your moves

Minoas definately didn't like being called a beggar and shot a nasty look at the man. "I know how to take care of myself." he stated bluntly but proudly somewhere deep inside him, with his arms still crossed on his chest. He was still defensive towards the stranger although he was feeling that he wasn't going to harm him. They just both wanted the same thing: the man's wallet and both wanted to have it without stirring a turmoil.
"Anyway, I'm pretty sure you don't like the cops any more than I do." Minoas quirked an eyebrow as he was making his point.
"I guess I'll be taking your wallet with me since you don't want me to start yelling that I'm being stalked." he took a few steps backwards, his grey eyes still fixed on the man. He had no idea how he was going to react to this. "I'm sure you have a bloated deposit account at some bank and that you can afford another wallet." he said with another step seperating further from the man.
"So, have a good day sir." he tried this time to leave, taking more steps backwards before he was intending to run away with the spoils of his negotiation.

The auror chuckled. Leonzio didn't want the muggle police to get involved in any possible way and the boy knew that, using it against him. "Good point." admitted Leonzio. "You don't want them around either though. Am I right?" Leonzio's eyebrows lifted up and little by little, the corners of his mouth turned upwards. Maybe if the biy was going to return his wallet, Leonzio was going to help him find a place to stay or get him something to eat. He could identify himself on that smudged face and he already liked the little thief's spirit.
"Besides, do you think that the cops are going to believe you or me?" he motioned at the boy whose clothes and general his appearance were definately going to reinforce Leonzio's allegation that the child was a thief in case he had to give explanations to cops.

Leonzio had dealt with many criminals throughout his career as an auror. He had interrogated hundreds of people, yet none of them was so persistant and stubborn. Not that he was comparing this boy to the criminals he had been coming across. He probably was a victim of harsh life, possibly abandoned by his family and now struggling to survive on his own in the streets. A scenario not so unfamiliar to Leonzio.
The auror sighed defeated but not eager to let the boy disappear with the wallet and especially with the stone.
"Kid." he growled with his dark, brown eyes boiling with indignation.
"Let's end this parody here. Give my wallet back and I'll let you walk away like we never met before. I'm sure you're going to find an easier target than me." he extended his arm and nodded for the boy to give him the wallet.

Minoas had persisted as much as he could but things weren't getting any better. The man wasn't going to let him walk away with the wallet. He had realized that by now. The stranger seemed to know exactly how valueable was the stone but he had no idea that Minoas was interested in it as well. He might have been thinking it was all about the money. Minoas started thinking that his best shot was to run away in order for the man to miss him. But then, another idea popped in his head. He barely managed to contain his smirk. Instead he chuckled softly in defeat and shoved his hand in the pocket he had the wallet. He pretended that the pocket was too tight to draw the wallet easily and bought some time to his advantage. With the tips of his fingers he plucked the stone out of the wallet and let it drop in the bottom of his pocket. Then he pulled out the wallet to return it to him.

"Had to try." he commented with a sheepish smile and shrugged. He tossed the wallet back to him. "I have to go now sir. Gotta find another wallet." he smirked and turn around to walk away. Holding his breath, he hoped that the man wasn't going to check if the content of his wallet. Just when he turned around the corner, Minoas started running as fast as he could, following a route through alleyways in order to put between him and the stranger as much distance as possible. He grinned widely when he looked behind him and he couldn't see the man following him. Excited, with the stone resting in his pocket, he had now to retrieve the scroll case from the exhibition centre.

...few hours later...​
<i>
</i>

The sky was painted gold as the sun was diving in the Mediterranean Sea. Minoas could see the port from the top of the building's roof he had taken refuge. Sitting on tiles wasn't what you could comfortable but he could inspect everything from there. His attention was fixed on the exhibition centre just at the opposite side of the alley. He was going to wait patiently for the last tourists to leave and for the guards to close it for the night. Soon he was going to have in his possession, not only the stone but also the scroll case. He just hoped that no one would have noticed the cylindrical object lying in crevice beneath that show case. Feeling undefeated now that he had managed to fool the man, he took out of his pocket the stone. He held it against the setting sun in the horizon to admire it as it gleamed with its fiery colors.
"Predicting my moves, huh?" he snorted amused and put it back in his pocket as the last guard exited the building and locked it before leaving.

Leonzio didn't know what exactly persuaded the boy in the end. It was a little bit suspicious, expecting to see him suddenly running away but instead the boy pulled out of his pocket Leonzio's wallet and tossed it to him. Leonzio grabbed it in the air and looked at the boy bemused.
"'Course you did." he said when the boy told him he had to at least try and keep the wallet.
"Be careful where you're messing around." Leonzio advised him and watched him walking away. The auror chuckled and shook his head when the boy turned around a corner and disappeared. He couldn't help but wonder if the boy was going to be alright. Then he remembered the time he was walking in the boy's shoes, when he was forced to live in the streets and was able to take care of himself. Leonzio opened his wallet to check if the stone was still there.
"Dammit! I should have known better!" he cursed and ran right after him when found out that the stone was missing. He dashed to the alleyway the boy headed to but there was no sign of him. Frustrated, he kicked forcefully an empty can of coke lying on the ground and send it to bounce on a wall full of graffiti. He ran his hand through his hair while feverishly thinking where he could now find that boy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back