Practicing DADA Spells

Autumn Gwin

Autumn Gwin woke from an after dinner nap around the hour of 8 pm and rose from her bed slowly, rubbing sleep from her eyes. She frowned after looking at the time and decided perhaps it would be best to do as Professor King had instructed, and go practice her spells. She knew there were a couple dummies stored somewhere in the dungeons so she quickly dressed in a casual outfit, growing a bit tired of her blasted uniform. She then ran a brush through her hair before scurrying down the flights of stairs leading from their tower.

She had to sneak past a couple of prefects rounding folks up before 'lights out', and after stopping by the kitchen to grab a few snacks she made her way on down below the stone floors to the dungeons. Biting into a shiny red apple form the fruit basket she had floating behind her (she planned on a long night) she looked about her, picking up a candle to light any torches in the dungeons so she might see better, as she still hadn't learned to cast any elemental charms, and therefore could not light them from her wand.

She finally arrived after the long journey and fumbled about in the dark, finding a table to sit the foods on before murmering 'Lumos", to find the torches along the wall, and then lit them one by one very carefully.

At first she didn't see the dummies with little sticks attached to their 'hands' but when she did they frightened her and she yelled, "Expelliarmus" nearly blowing one's arm off, but successfulyl dislodged the stick.

Autumn laughed nervously as she tucked a stray strand of dark hair behidn her ear, her chocolate eyes sparkling with delight at the might she held in her tiny hand. Maybe somebody else woudl get the same idea as she, she hoped so anyway, because casting defense spells at nothing would grow boring after awhile.

She figured it couldn't hurt to brush up on Charms, even if she didn't have it this semester, and began casting them in patterns that flowed wonderfully.

(I think yes :p Also, how was Autumn after the lawn seeing as this is after it and I have yet to know??)

Thomas was sitting in his dorm finishing off his latest Defense Against the Dark Arts homework. It was getting late so he left his work to the side and went down to the common room to look for Autumn. When he got down he saw he wasn't there so he asked one of the girls to go see if she was in her dorm but they informed him that she had left the common room a few minutes previous.

He thought it was strange as it was almost curfew and she shouldn't be out at this time. He quickly left the common room before anyone saw him. He made his way through each corridor, avoiding the prefects and professors, he hoped he found Autumn, or this wouldn't be him almost getting dentention.

He found himself on the ground floor and still no Autumn, he was stumped, he couldn't think where else she would be. Sighing, he turned to make his way back up the stairs to the Ravenclaw House. There was a loud crack and in front of him was the house elf who had prepared the picnic for Autumn and himself. Thomas said a quick hello and heard the elf mention Autumn being down in the kitchens. Thomas, excitedly, asked if she was still there. When the house elf said no, Thomas frowned again. The frown was short lived though when the elf mentioned she was making her way to the dugeons. She figured she was going to practice her spells for Defence Against the Dark Arts. Thanking the elf one more time Thomas sprinted off to the Dungeons.

Making his way down the dark and glomy dungeons he felt a knot in his stomach, then he started to get flashbacks of the last time he was here on his own, well with Joceline. The thought was quickly moved out of his head when he heard a crash. Making his way quickly to the source of the sound he heard a laugh and a smile formed on his lips, he could recognise that laugh from miles away. After walking a little furtherm he saw Autumn. Smiling he crept up behind her and threw his arms around her waist. Twirling her around he teasted, "You shouldn't be here." laughing as he placed her on her two feet kissing her head lightly.

((I'm guessing she's gonna be worried but eventually they'll end with a kiss and depart?
=/ ))

Autumn whirled once more but didn't have to far as the rets of the way was plucked up and twilred about by Thomas. Her laughter echoed through the dungeons eerily. Like the laughter of a creepy little child entity. Autumn got chills as it rang back to her, sounding utterly terrifying in an ethereal sort of way.

She squirmed a bit in his grasp, returning his kiss of greeting half-heartedly on his chin, still trying to rid her arms of the chill-bumps she'd gotten when the returning giggle hadn't sounded that much like her own.

"Well, wandering off to more trouble since the last bit are you? Looking for a bit of adventure down here Mr. Smith?" she teased right back, circling his waist gently, pulling a bit closer as a chilly draft of air entered the room.

All of a sudden one of the dummies came to life (sort of) and picked up the stick that had been cast aside earlier. Autumn shrieked briefly but her breath was stolen away in fright as the dummy spoke,"I am one of the ghosts that haunts these here dungeons! Now I know you're here to train, and it's no fair if this dummy can't fight back! NOW, you wanna duel or run back up to your dorm where you should be at this time of night?"

Autumn shook violently as she was frightened out of her skin and she looked to Thomas,'Let's go back, you want to?' was her first thought to say, but she then decided it couldn't hurt to break the rules once in awhile, after all even Thomas had gone to the Forbidden Forest.

"I'll duel you a bit I suppose." she said softly, turning on her heel and striding to ten paces from the wooden dummy,"But you have to play fair or I walk. I'm only a first yera you know." she bluffed, feigning her good skill when it came to spell-casting.

Thomas give a light laugh, "This is nothing compared to the last time." He joked, "But I'm only here looking for you, so yes I suppose that could be an adventure." He added lightly with a shrug, "Everyday, or night for that matter," He said with a laugh, "With you is an adventure." He said kissing her head again.

As if out of nowhere Thomas saw one of the practice dummies move and start to talk, which he thought was extremely weird. Instiviely he pulled Autumn behind him and brought out his wand. When it stopped talking he was surprised to see Autumn move to face the dummy and challenge it to a duel, "Leave me a bit." He said with a laugh, moving out of the way.

Autumn cleared her throat and levitated her apple core she had dropped when she'd been frightened before Thomas's arrival.

"Mind if I throw this away first? I don't like to be a littler bug." she asked ever so sweetly. Whe the dummy nodded solemnly she tossed it in the air with her wand a couple times before chucking it above the dummy's head, where it fell behind it into a bin. It was startled of course and Autumn used that as her chance to cast 'Expelliarmus', leaving the dummy defenseless as she cried out "Stupefy".

It was more like petrify as the heap of wood fell to the floor with a thud and the ghostly shadow slid out of the rickety host, possessing another one and charging at her. She screamed "protego!" and cast the shield around herself and Thomas, causing the dummy to collide with a solid cushion of air.

The rattling thing collapsed once more and the entity seemed outraged as it bounced off the walls and fromt he shield once then twice more before finding another little figure and standing still.

"No fair! No fair no fair! His turn!" it cried in anguish, fodling it's arms.

Ah, so it is a child. Autumn thought to herself, releasign the shield but keeping her wand at the ready should Thomas need any aid.

"Well, you heard him. Your turn, your turn." she said, placing a hand on hsi arm before stepping aside and staying within casting distance of the dueling pair.

Thomas watched in amusement as Autumn dueled with the dummy. She put up a good show, Thomas couldn't help but feel proud of her. When she turned on an other figure Thomas laughed as it cried No fair! No fair no fair! His turn. "It's your funeral." Thomas said striding forward, saying, "Well done, very impressive." To Autumn as they passed.

Thomas stood face to face with the other figure. Giving a small bow he quickly pointed his wand at it and shouted, "Expelliarmus." He knew there was really no need for it, but it helped knock it of it's balance so he quickly prepared himself and shouted, "Stupefy." The dummies broke into a few pieces of broken wood, he quickly moved his wand and muttered, "Protego." to protect himself and Autumn from any wondering strands.

Walking over to Autumn he laughed and said, "Well that was too easy." Scanning the room, he saw a few other immobile objects. Looking down at Autumn he said, "So what now. Some more target practice?" He asked lightly/

Autumn yawned a bit, frowning at the sudden bout of sleepiness after her four hour nap earlier. She glanced at her timepiece and nearly gasped. An hour had passed since she'd left her dormitory. She had a seat and waved good-bye pleasantly as the spirits fled the room. She then unscrewed the cap from an orange soda, feeling a bit flushed from the dueling. A butterbeer would only warm her more. She took a swift swig before leaning back in the chair and yawnign once more.

Her hears perked at Thomas's question and she merely smiled and replied weakly with,"I dunno. That was excellent spell casting though, Thomas. Bravo, my dear."

She clapped her hand against the neck of the glass bottle a couple times in a sleepy applause and stood wearily.

"Marvelous job." she said, complimenting him once more. She kissed his cheek and gathered the small food items, grabbing a sweet from a pile,"I'd hoped to have a party so everyone could do Professor King's homework to practice our spells....but fewer folks came than I imagined would at this time of night. I figured eveyroen prowled the halls..I especially thought I'd have some Slytherin folks in the dungeons...isn't their part of the castle located down here somewhere?" she rambled, sleep attacking her eyes.

She took a bite of the cauldron cake and nearly melted at the sweetness of it as it practically melted in her mouth.

"Accio soda." she said, retrieving her soda from the table and casting Wingardium Leviosa to carry everything back,"I'll go back seperately so as not to look too suspicious. If anything I'll just tell them I was out studying in the library and lost track of the time. They'd believe that of me." she said, winking at him,"Good night love. I'll wait for you in the common room to say good night but now I think we really should be returning to our tower." and with that she kissed him once more before turnign and walking from the room, sending some of the bigger foods back to the kitchens and hoarding the snacks tot he Ravenclaw Tower where she did indeed wait up for and say good ngiht to Thomas Smith before going to bed.

(Tada! We were the only ones to do this I'd bet
xDD)

Thomas beamed, "Thank you, thank you." He said taking a few small bows laughing, returning the kiss on her cheek.

Thomas chuckled at all the food she had taken, "Surely someone so small couldn't eat all that." He laughed. When he heard he story he replied, "Not everyone is a little rule breaker like you," He said laughing, "And, well, me too, but that's a different story." He said waving off the attention on him. "Umm, yeah, I think so. It's where I met Joce that n.." He broke off, best not to bring that up again he thought to himself.

He laughed lightly at how sleepy she was getting, "It's definitely time for you to get back." He said lightly. "I'll meet you up there." He responded. He watched as Autumn left. Taking out his wand one last time, he pointed it at an immobile test dummy in the corner of the room and shouted, "Stupefy." He heard a great crash in the room. As the room was too dark see the dummy he muttered, "Lumos." To see the dummy, against the floor, parts of him lying across the room. Before leaving the room he muttered, "Finite." Watching in amusement as the light at the tip of his wand went out. Smiling to himself he made his way up to the Common Room to say Good night to Autumn.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back