Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Interested in Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Destroying Capitalism
Wand
Knotted 14" Sturdy Pear Wand with Unicorn Hair Core
Orwell hadn't imagined that offering his help to Cat Tannon on one afternoon would really mean anything, but he had had fun. He didn't think he agreed with Cat on most things, but Orwell didn't really agree with anyone on anything, that was what being an anarchist was, it had however been fun. He had spoken to a few people about Cat, using the information she gave in answers to people when they asked questions. Emphasising her age as a plus factor, a fresh face in New Zealand politics. Her gender was a plus, a woman who knew the struggles that other women went through, an understanding of the men's club of politics. He had always loved campaigning, but this was something new, potentially something a lot different from what he'd ever done before. Making a mistake when organising a sit in at a muggle power plant was fine, certainly when only ten people showed up it didn't matter.

But, this was the big league, which was why he was surprised that Cat had wanted to speak to him. Orwell had hosted, chaired, organised meetings, he'd help do marches, helped organise a muggle student protest, but, he had always thought people didn't know who he was. Though he had ended up speaking to a lot of other people far more involved in main stream politics, so maybe that was how she knew who he was. The man spotted the candidate sat at one of the benches, he'd gone to get some coffee since an hour had just about passed and she now wanted to talk to him. He brought two cups, one for him and one for her, one to make sure that Cat wasn't getting too tired and also to keep her from losing her voice, she'd need to be able to talk for days with this election, "Hot drink?" he offered, before sitting down, "So, you wanted to talk?"

Things had calmed down and Cat felt happy about how her first outing went. She had managed to speak to a fair few people, and was proud of how she had answered the questions. It was times like this that she wished cats liked going for 'walkies', and that she could put them on a lead and bring them out with her, but Cat was pretty sure that people, and her cats, would frown about it. It would be cute to have them with her, to be her mascots, but not very nice for them, and as she was all about the love, she couldn't imagine doing something that would upset her babies. Cat was waiting for Orwell Brocken to arrive, hoping that she hadn't freaked him out by knowing his name, more impressed him with her amazing recall abilities. It had definitely helped her in the past. Cat smiled at the boy as he approached, thanking him for the coffee, taking a sip, enjoying the warmth going down her throat, before she replied. "Yes. I've seen you work before Orwell. You're very good. I need a campaign manager. I'm thinking maybe we could work together?" She had never run for MoM before, and she liked how Orwell worked; and she'd need all the help she could get.

Orwell handed her the coffee and gave a small smile as he sat down and took a sip of his own. The man was surprised by what she asked, he couldn't help but think why? He'd thought maybe she'd encourage him to volunteer with her, help out occasionally but run a campaign? That was something else entirely. He didn't even know if she would really be good to have him around. He was pretty anti-government, and he didn't want to pull attention on to him instead of her. "But, you don't know me, you haven't asked for a CV or anything," he replied, "I could have no NEWTs for all you know. Why not go for someone professional?" Orwell reasoned, he wasn't trying to sway her away from it, but he couldn't help think he wasn't going to be the right choice. He took a sip of his coffee, really thinking about it, but he knew that he'd have to make a decision soon. "How do you feel about the redistribution of wealth from one class to another?" Orwell asked, it was maybe a loaded question, but he was more looking for Cat's attitude towards poverty. If he was going to even think about working for her, he would need to be sure it was with a candidate that he somewhat agreed with and whom he certainly didn't disagree with on everything, "Where do you stand on LGBT issues? Does your manifesto include environment proposals?"

Cat smiled at Orwell's reaction to him asking her. "I remember things very well Orwell. Like I said, I've seen you work. I like the way you present your work, and yourself, and the fact that you offered to help shows me what kind of person you are. I couldn't care less about a CV, or NEWTs, when I already like the person." Cat replied, taking a sip of her coffee again, as he set off with another set of questions. She had not expected so many questions at once, but even him asking proved her point of wanting to work with him. He seemed like someone who cared about people's well being, and a knowledge of politics. "I strongly stand for no more poverty. No more homelessness. For those in the richer classes, I believe raising their tax, and using that extra tax to go towards companies and charities that focus on overcoming poverty while help us in this struggle. LGBT is also, very important to me. I see everyone as equal, and everyone should have equal rights, no matter what gender they are, or who they love. People have a right to be whoever they want to be - so long as they aren't hurting anybody, and I don't believe loving someone the same gender is causing anybody harm. The environment, Orwell, is also very important to me. I, myself, am a vegetarian, and while I will not push that on anyone, I think the world deserves better from it's people, and there are a lot of ways we can make the planet more green." She paused to take a moment. "Mr Brocken, as long as you aren't hurting people, or the planet, which I don't believe you are, I think you could help me tremendously and, should I be elected, the government. The people of New Zealand. And, you will also be paid." Cat added with a small smile.

Orwell sipped his coffee lightly, he hadn't thought anyone would want to watch him work, but perhaps someone did. Clearly enough to want him to join their campaign. He nodded as she gave her answers to his questions, he needed to know he was batting for someone he didn't entirely hate the views of, and really after what she said he could admit he didn't hate it. He nodded, "If I do this, it's on the condition that you don't pay me, give what you'd give me to charity or something, I don't need it. Also, for the record, I have ten NEWTS at the highest grade, in case people question you about how qualified I am," he could help but think people might question him because he was even younger than she was, and he had no real experience in a real campaign. "Do you have a main organising base?" he asked, "If you want to get right to it, I'd suggest we meet there tomorrow morning, bring your notes and policy ideas and before we get you in front of the public again we can work on some sound bites," Orwell place his coffee on the ground and took out his wand, conjuring up a notepad and pen, writing down a few bits and pieces of what he was saying to remember for the next day, "We should also get to work on a leaflet we could then owl out to voters, and if you're interested in speaking at the medley, I have a contact there who might be able to fit you in,"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back