Not open for further replies.

Bren Bartlowe

OOC First Name
Brandon
Sexual Orientation
Undecided
Wand
Knotted 14 Inch Unyielding Aspen Wand with Dragon Heartstring Core
Instead of using a character relationship thread, Could we use that section to post permanent Plot Development page. That way it does not archive after a period of time and a link could be saved in the signature section of a profile page. I think it would be easier for me to point people to a single page where I can plot with people who do not necessarily know how best to contact people. I know it can be a little weird to pm a stranger and as all members do not use the plot section of the board to actively seek new threads I thought I might ask as I would use a plotter page more than a character relationship page.

Hi Brandon,

Thank you for the suggestion. The idea of removing the character relationship area has floated around before. However, we don't like the idea of having two separate plot development areas as it would be confusing. A permanent plot page would be more likely to be outdated as we find that most plots are time sensitive (first years looking for other first years, characters looking for a lover, etc) and once those things occur, members no longer need that specific plot development. We do encourage you and all members to use the plot development area as often as you like and is necessary for your plots. I think many people, even many of our newer members, do take advantage of that area to join and plan plots.

We do also have the account tracker which is actually designed to let people know a) all of your characters complete with bios if you attach them and b) which account it is best to contact you on. We always encourage folks to keep the tracker updated to ensure that PMs for plotting can happen. :)

Best,
Cyndi

Hey Cyndi,

I'm gonna kinda take over Dan's Suggestion a little bit. On the subject of the Account Tracker & keeping it updated, can you possibly poke Nick and see if he's able to add an option to switch the 'Main Character' without having to go through and change every single account to a new tracker.

If you could, that'd be amazing!

Zach

Hey Zach,

Your suggestion based on Brandon's suggestion was addressed in this BWU from February.

You'll note that it says: "EDIT: You can change your account tracker's main account listing one of two ways:
1) Log in to your new main account and list it as a main account.
2) Log in to your old main account and list it as subordinate to the new one.
3) Find all your accounts are listed appropriately.

Or:
1) Log in to your new main account and list it as a main account.
2) Type in your old main account's linking ID to the new main account as a subordinate
3) Find all your accounts are listed appropriately"

If this doesn't work for you, let me know.

~Cyndi

Will try this later! Thanks for the response!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back