Playing in the park

Sebastian Rossi

Wand
Straight 14" Rigid Aspen Wand with Essence of Belladonna Core
Sebastian had left the French castle early in the morning and since then had been settled in the New Zealand park with his guitar. He had passed by the park after one of his band's rehearsals and had been itching to just spend a day there. It was about noon and with the wind blowing ever so slightly, it had turned out to be a perfect day. He was seated under a large elm, his guitar in his lap as he softly strummed it. Every so often, he would stop, frown and either jot something down or cross something out on the page he had open in his notebook. Bas was in the middle of writing a song for Ares Moon. He had the rhythm down easily, but finding the right words was proving especially troublesome.

Maybe I need a break, he thought to himself, but instead of stopping totally, Sebastian closed his notebook and just began to play. His hands began to strum to the tune of a muggle song he really liked about a man who was wanted dead or alive, and he closed his eyes as he lost himself to the tune. The music flowed through his fingers and for the first time in weeks, months even, Sebastian felt alive in a place other than the band's rehearsal space.

Nevada found herself alone again in Brightstone Village and, armed with her guitar, she headed towards the park. When she was there, she saw a guy sat on his own under the shade of a large tree, seemingly lost in his music. He had a note book with him and she guessed that he had been writing his own music. Just like Harley, she thought, smiling a little. Nevada made her way towards him, and taking a seat on the floor nearby, she listened to the song he was playing. It wasn't one that she recognised but she began to play along with him as best she could.

She stopped though, feeling as if she was intruding, and ruining the tune this guy was playing. The way he played and sat as close as he was, yet seeming so far away, somewhere much more appealing than here, was mesmerising to Nevada. So she sat and listened and before she lost herself completely in the sound, she felt she should apologise for her interruption.
"Sorry," she murmured, " I hope you don't mind me sitting here, your music is amazing."

As Sebastian played, his thoughts were solely on the music and the next chord he needed to hit. It was why he loved music so much because it was able to help him in ways that nothing else could. And it made him care less about his problems, if only for a little while. At one point, Bas could have sworn he heard an accompanying guitar, but it stopped so suddenly that he was sure he'd imagined it. Had he opened his eyes, he would easily have seen the player, but he wasn't quite ready to return to reality.

A female voice broke through his thoughts and Sebastian slowed his playing as he opened his green eyes and rested them on a girl about his own age. She was no one he'd met before, but if she liked his playing, she was already cool in his book. He finished the last note and then stilled the vibrating strings by placing the palm of his hand across them. "Nah, it's alright...thanks." Sebastian enjoyed playing guitar in front of others and a rare smile crossed the guy's face. He hadn't been in a great mood in recent weeks, but this day he was actually feeling pretty good. "Was that you who joined in? It was good" he added.

OOCOut of Character:
I'm really sorry it's taken me a while to post back :erm:

Nevada watched and waited, as the guy slowed down his guitar playing and opened his eyes after she had spoken. Once he had stopped all noise that his guitar was making he spoke and smiled. She felt relieved that he didn't mind her sitting with him and that he had smiled. Smiling has to be a good thing right? She thought. " Thank you, and you are very welcome." She replied smiling back at him. " Yeah that was me... I felt I was ruining your playing but thanks anyway." Nevada smiled again, this time a little awkwardly. She shifted a little where she was sat, and brushed an annoying piece of hair off of her face, "I'm Nevada by the way."

OOCOut of Character:
It's ok. I wasn't on much this weekend ;)

Sebastian listened to the girl and shook his head. "Nah, it was cool. I haven't played guitar with anyone for a while" he said. He was used to having other instruments being played along with him since he was in a band. He actually preferred playing with others because when the person playing was any good, the music seemed to be enhanced. "I'm Sebastian" he said after she had introduced herself. He was never really good at meeting people, so he didn't really know what to say to her. "So, how long have you been playing for?" he asked, figuring that speaking about music would keep things from getting awkward. It was obvious that it was an interest for both of them.

Nevada listened to the guy as he said he hadn't played guitar with anyone for a while and thought about how she hadn't either and missed playing her sister Harley's music with her whilst Raven would sing, when she got her head out of the clouds. "Nice to meet you Sebastian" she replied when the guy introduced himself. She thought back to when she had begun learning to play guitar, the day her parents had got her one of her very own, ans how she was so happy with it and only came out of her room at meal times, and grudgingly to go to school. " I believe I was about 9 or 10 when I was given my first guitar, so about 7, 8 years. How about you, how long have you been playing for?" Nevada replied asking him the same question in turn.

She was a polite one, and Sebastian nodded his head to what she'd said. It was always great meeting someone new, especially since Sebastian wasn't really in the mood to be alone. Usually, he didn't mind the whole being by himself thing, but today, with how beautiful the day was, he sort of wanted company. His go-to was usually one of his bandmates, but they'd been busy, and Amzurah was as well. He'd only recently gotten back in touch with her and knew she had been sick. Besides, it wasn't a free weekend for her. As Nevada explained how long she'd been playing for, Sebastian's pierced eyebrow rose. She was about his age then and with a little more experience than he.

"I got my first when I was like 11 but I didn't really start taking practice seriously until I was like 12 or 13" he nodded his head slowly, still contemplating the age to be sure he was being accurate. "Yea, so I've been playing like 6 or 7 years. Guess you've got me beat by a bit" he winked and sat back against the tree. He looked at her for another second before speaking again. Sebastian didn't really like silences all that much. When the time was right and with the right person, they were ok, but usually they were just kind of awkward. "So...which school do you go to?" he asked.

Nevada was glad that she had come to the park today. She'd actually met someone, someone who might come to be a friend. A friend in New Zealand, she thought, that would be great. She smiled at this then realised she appeared to be smiling for no reason, like an idiot. Trying to cover it up she laughed slightly as he winked at her. "I may have been playing longer but you play better than I do." Then he asked what school she was at and she frowned slightly. "I um.... don't go to any school. I uh....dropped out. How about you?" Nevada said shifting again where she sat.

Sebastian ducked his head as she complimented him. He still didn't know how to deal with those yet and his response was always to duck away, a pleased look on his face. Realizing that he'd said something to bother her, Sebastian nervously twisted the stud in his ear. He quickly saw his mistake. He'd assumed she was in school when actually she was not. Figuring that the best thing would be to ignore his gaffe, he answered her question. "I'm at Beauxbatons...for the next month anyway. Then, I'm gone from there forever" he replied, his mouth splitting into a wide grin.

"So were you like born in Nevada or something?" he asked jokingly as he plucked a few notes out. He'd lived in the States until he was nearly a teen, but even so, the only time he'd ever heard the name was when one of his classmates said they were from Nevada. It was a pretty cool name though. "It's a cool name.Kinda has a rockstar groove to it" he added, not wanting her to think he was asking because he thought it was a dumb name or anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back