Playing in the Park

Claire Curie

After dragging her daughter around the shops all day, Claire decided that it was finally time to go somewhere of Delilah's choosing. She asked her daughter where that would be, and the answer she received was very clear. "Parkparkpark! Park!" the six-year-old girl told her mother, jumping up and down with glee. "Alright then," Claire smiled, thankful that her child was not hard to please. Other kids may have said something far more expensive, or hard to get to. The park, obviously, would not be a hassle at all.

Skipping along happily, a green ribbon bounced in Delilah's very messy hair. She didn't really pay attention to her mother talk about stranger danger.. Instead the bundle of energy was glancing around at the birds and trees and things like that. As they arrived in the park, Delilah tugged impatiently on her mother's sleeve. "Mummummum, can I go?" she chirped joyfully, before racing off to a large tree. Claire just laughed and sat down on a nearby bench.

The tree really was awesome. Its branches were long and thick, and there were plenty of ways to climb up. Delilah stepped up into the centre part of the tree, before choosing a lowish branch to sit on. It curved so that once you climbed the first part, you could sit above everyone on the ground, stretching quite far from the centre. Delilah carefully moved up it, glad that she was wearing cute, short overalls today, instead of an impractical dress.

(( It's hard to describe the tree, but it's a bit like this I guess ^_^ ))

Megumi was still in big trouble with mommy for sneaking off and going for ice cream with charlotte and lulu, but they were still going to the park like she promissed. Megumi started running towards a big tree that all the other kids were playing on, getting his shorts and t-shirt covered with bark in the process. Megumi saw a little girl there and smiled at her, "Hi! I megumi, whats your name?" he asked excitedly.

Pearl sighed as she ran after her son to the park near obsidian, she was still upset that he had run off earlier, but they were going to the park anyways. Once she was there she watched worriedly as Megumi started climbing up a tree, if he falls... she thought biting her lip slightly before going to stand beside one of the other moms, "hey, mind if I join you?" she asked with a smile

Delilah continued to climb the long branch, until she came to a good place to sit. After swinging her legs for a moment or two, the young girl heard an excited voice speak to her. Gripping a branch so as not to fall, she peered down to see who it was. The voice belonged to a boy about her age. He looked nice enough. "Hello! I-I'm Lia," she called down to him, in a slightly nervous voice. Not that Delilah was a shy person in any way. No, not at all. She was quite loud and crazy, really. It's just that she usually got a little nervous when speaking to strangers. Maybe it was because she wanted to impressive them, and was afraid of embarassing herself. Maybe she was scared of them, and took a while to learn to trust them. Who knew? Either way, Delilah usually made friends with everyone soon enough, so it wasn't a problem or anything.

Hearing a woman's voice, Claire looked up from her book. She shuffled along the bench a bit, to give the lady some more space. "Oh, of course not," she said with a friendly smile, one you might use on an old friend that you'd known for years. "Is that your son?" Claire asked, indicating to the dark haired boy near her daughter. She'd noticed the two enter the park together, but they didn't seem to look very similar.

"Hi, Lia" he said giving her a friendly smile noticing she was shy. Megumi thought for a moment, before pulling his brown rat out of his pocket, "and this is Nacho" he added holding him up to show her. Megumi hoped she wouldn't be scared of Nacho, he was really nice once you got to know him.

Pearl smiled at the women and sat down beside her, "yes, thats my son Megumi, is that your daughter?" she asked gesturing towards the girl Megumi was showing his rat too. sometimes I wish I had never gotten him that thing, its bound to scare of some people, and the boy has no friends Pearl thought her smile disappearing a little, "I'm Pearl by the way" she added.

Delilah smiled a little wider when Megumi pulled out a rat. She loved animals, especially mice and rats and other small cute things like that. She planned on irritating her mother until she was allowed to get a rat, it probably wouldn't be too hard. "Wow! Nacho is a great name," Delilah laughed, leaning down to gently pat him. "Can I hold 'im?" she asked, looking at Megumi with her big hazel eyes.

"Aw, he looks like a sweety," Claire told Pearl. "And yes, that's my girl," she continued with a motherly voice, watching the small brunette hang awkwardly off the tree to pat the boy's mouse or whatever it was. Sure, she could easily fall.. but Claire wasn't worried. Kids were supposed to play and get dirty and hurt themselves, and it's not like Delilah was even very high at all. "Nice to meet you, Pearl. I'm Claire," she said with another cheerful smile.

Megumi smiled widly at Lia, "sure" he said happily. Megumi climbed up the rest of the tree to hand her the little brown fuzz ball, "do you have any pets?"

(( lame sorry >.< ))

Delilah grinned as Megumi climbed up the tree and held Nacho out to her. She quickly repositioned herself on the tree, so that she could sit comfortably and not have to hold on. She then carefully took the little rat, and smiled brightly as she petted him. Hearing Megumi ask her a question, Delilah looked up. "Well we have a cat.. but she's really boring. Just lies around all day in the sun. I want to get a rat, because they're more fun to play with!" she chattered, laughing when Nacho ran up her arm and sat himself on her shoulder.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back