Playing in the dungeons

Athene Perthro

Athene took a 'feeder mouse' out of her pocket and charmed it with 'wingardium leviosar'. She raised the mouse into the air, and began to flick her wand up and down, and giggled as the mouse 'bounced' with her wand-tip. Her snake, Artemis, raised it's thin long neck and snapped at the squeaking rodent every time it neared the ground.
The mouses cries echoed against the dank dungeon walls.

Stepping out of the Slytherin common room, Blake spotted an unfamiliar Slytherin girl playing with a mouse, its squeaks echoing off the cold dungeon walls. Upon spotting the small Emerald Boa which was snapping fervently at the bouncing mouse, Blake walked up to it and crouched down beside it.
"Charming snake you have here," Blake said, watching it in awe. "What's its name?"

Daniel was walking through the dungeons when he spotted two slytherins,one of which was a girl playing wth a mouse and snake and other was a boy whom daniel hearded asking the girl about the snake.He hadnt made any slythrin friends yet and thought he needed some as he didnt have hardly any friends apart from his house mates.He walked to them and said "Hello"

Athene smiled at the boy. She recognized him as a member of her house. He was also in her year, but she couldn't remember his name.
"Thanks, her name is Artemis." She said, still bobbing the mouse up and down with her wand.

Suddenly, another boy rounded the corner and approached them. Athene recognized him as a Ravenclaw, and she frowned.

Blake looked up at the girl, half surprised she hadn't made any rude remarks toward him, yet. He had heard many stories about the new student's attitude towards many others, most of them his friends. "Artemis? Is that Greek? I have a boa myself, her name's Isabeau, but she's much bigger than Artemis here," Blake said, glancing back down at the snapping snake.
At the approach of another boy, whom Blake had not met, he stood up abruptly and said, "Hey."

Daneil observed as the girl spoke of the snake and the boy of his.He considered to be rude as she had frowned to him without any reason"I am Daniel olsen and you are?"he asked to the boy.He wanted to make some new friends and hoped to get one of the boy standing before him

"Blake Zepline," he replied casually. "What brings you down here? Hardly ever see Ravenclaws lurking in Slytherin teritory," Blake asked curiously.

"Isabeau, thats a pretty name." Said Athene, "but where is she now?" She understood that he couldn't be carrying her if she was that much bigger than Artemis. She wondered if he kept it the common room.
"And yes, Artemis is Greek. My father is a quite fond of the language, and so named both my sister and I after Greek deities. I named Artemis after my sister."

"Well i decided that i needed to see some slythrin faces and so came here"he said."You have got a nice snake"he said to the girl

"What is your name? And where is your sister? I don't think I've heard of another Slytherin newbie," Blake asked.
Turning back to face Daniel, Blake smiled at his answer. It was nice meeting another boy for a change; most of his friends were girls. "Well then, you can consider me a friend," Blake replied to Daniel, extending his hand for him to shake.

Athene's face tightened as the two shook hands, but she didn't comment.
"Thanks," she said to Daniel stiffly before looking back at the Slytherin and taking a deep breath.

"Artemis died last year. It was a horrible accident." She looked away. Damn, she hated showing weakness.
"And i'm Athene Perthro," she added quietly.

"Well, life is sh1t sometimes," Blake replied, not showing any compassion. He himself hated it when people felt sorry for him, it made him feel pathetic on a whole separate level, so he wasn't going to act sympathetic toward Athene as she seemed the type to hate showing emotion.
Noticing the tension in Athene as he extended his hand for Daniel to shake, Blake wondered whether she was new at making random friends. "You don't normally make friends with other students, huh?" he asked with a smirk. He had not met anyone that stubborn yet, but was curious to understand why.

"Hmph. It's not that I can't make friends, it's simply that i'm picky about who I make friends with." She looked pointedly at Daniel. "Some people just aren't worth the trouble."

Blake frowned slightly at Athene's response. Although he was proud of his blood status and his house, he did not take it to a point where he deemed others unworthy of his respect. "You must come from a very old wizarding family. My father was very strict agaisnt being prejudice so I was raised to accept everyone as equals," he explained flatly, still frowning slightly.

Athene snorted. "If your having a go at me for not wanting to be his friend, then you'll recall that he was the one who ignored me first." She laughed softly. "Yes, my family is very old. We go back as far as the blacks."

"Having a go at you?" Blake repeated, a perplexed expression crossed his face. "Just because I disagree with your point of view when it comes to worthiness, does not mean I am having a go at you," Blake said camly. "And he did not ignore you. If I am correct, he said hello to the both of us."

Daniel saw as the two slythrins were kind of in a n argument.Daniel shook blake hand and said"I too dont have any boy as a friend"he said with a slight giggle."Its okay,as i ont mind if some people"he said eyeing towards the girl"wouldnt prefer to be friend swith others as long as they are not in the majority"he said with a grin.

Athene screwed up her face but shut her mouse, and returned to her seat on the dungeon floor. Artemis had the mouse's tail trapped in her teeth, but released it when Artemis put the levitation spell back on it.
She bounced the mouse high in the air, angrily. She ignored the two boys.

"Hm... yes I see what you mean," Blake replied to the boy, his expression smoothening into a blank stare. "Oh, to answer your question Athene, Isabeau is in my dorm. Maybe Artemis would like to play with her sometime?"

"Okay, anyway I'll catch you two later," Blake said to both Athene and Daniel. Waving at the pair, he stalked off down the Dungeon and made his way up the stone staircase.

"See you"he said waving at Blake and walked off the dugeon ignoring the girl.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back