Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
(Arc)
Wand
Ebony, Dragon heart-string, 9 1/2 inches
Kira had been thinking about this for a while now, and she had finally gotten enough together she was ready to bring up her plan to her boyfriend. She gathered her binder and made her way to the library, stopping by the kitchens and getting a few muffins from Lily. She hummed softly as she strolled into the library, easily spotting her boyfriend. Arc studied a lot these days, they all did, but she couldn't really blame him. She set her things down next to him, lightly nudging his foot to get his attention. She started to munch on her muffin quietly while she waited for him to reach a point where he could take a break.

If the amount of time that he spend in the library didn't tell people how much Arcturus cared about his studies and final exams of his education at Hogwarts, then nothing would. He spent most of his free time in the library to study, which at this point had begun to feel like a second home to him. Hopefully studying in the student lounge would change that a little. Dressed in a simple hoodie and baggy jeans, the Ravenclaw had a bunch of books open on the table in front of him. He was writing things down and making corrections on his parchment for the subject he was currently studying when he felt a little nudge. He glanced up and smiled when he saw that Kira had seated herself next to him, eating a muffin. He didn't know how much time had passed since when he first entered the lounge and now, but the sun was still shining when he arrived. He quickly finished whatever he was writing down and smiled at his girlfriend once more, giving her a light peck on the cheek. ''Hey you,'' the boy said. ''Got one for me, too?''

Last edited:
Kira smiled as Arc looked up, shutting her eyes and humming softly as he pressed a kiss to her cheek. "Mmm, maybe I do." She teased. "If you want it though, I get ten minutes of your time," She smiled brightly, brushing her hair behind her shoulder and placing a hand on the binder she'd brought. "I have a proposal for you that I think you're going to enjoy," She bit her lip, looking to her boyfriend with dancing blue eyes.

Arcturus nodded his head, sitting sideways to face Kira directly when she asked for ten minutes of his time. He glanced down at the binder that she had brought with her when she mentioned having a proposal he might enjoy. Furrowing his brows at his girlfriend, the Ravenclaw nodded again to indicate that she had his attention, obviously intrigued to find out what was inside of the binder and whether they were thinking the same thing when she said that it was something that he might enjoy.

Kira smiled as Arc turned to her, setting the chocolate muffin down for him to munch on while she flipped open the binder to show him the maps and astronomical events she'd plotted out through New Zealand and Europe over the next year, starting a month after they graduated. "I was thinking," she started, letting him look through her binder before she spoke. "I have just enough from my savings and my inheritance to swing a trip like this comfortably and still get into school." She bit her lip, scooting closer and brushing his hair back. "Run away with me, Arc. One year abroad, before we come back and get tied up in our studies." She smiled brightly, heart pounding a bit with nerves.

Arcturus took the chocolate muffin and began munching on it as she showed him what was in the binder she brought along with her. He knew of some of the astronomical events that she had written down and even planned on going to see at least two of them himself after graduation. He would gladly see these events with his girlfriend is that's what she wanted to do with him. In fact, he was already thinking about asking Kira to come with him so this would work out fine. He frowned, however, once more when Kira told him when she wanted to run away with him for a year. What with already having applied for university after Hogwarts and everything, it wouldn't exactly fit in what he had planned out. ''A whole year? Are you sure? Wouldn't that mess up school stuff?''

Kira nodded, scooting a little closer. "Yeah. It'll take a little doing but we can push it back a year, I talked to Jason about mine. I'm sure your dad would be okay with it, especially since it's going to be free for you. And think of the experience, and the educational experience you'll get seeing all these events first hand." She smiled brightly, before biting her lip and scooting closer. "Besides," she gave him a coy grin. "A whole year, just you and me. Without my sister or our friends barging in to interrupt us every ten minutes," she reached out, brushing his hair from his eyes. "All this time we've been together, and we've never really been alone for long. I think this could be good for us." She gave him her biggest, best pout. "Please, Arcturus?" She pleaded softly, gently running her hand up his arm.

Arcturus supposed that he could talk to his father about possibly moving university up one year to have a year to himself. He could certainly use a year off after the studying that he'd already done for their upcoming exams. And she was definitely right about the educational experiences he would get from seeing all these astronomical events. The only thing he didn't like was that Kira was willing to pay for it all, but he would figure something out to pay for his half of it. He grinned as she scooted closer to him even more, the thought of having a whole year just to themselves without anyone interrupting them sounding quite nice to him. ''I think that I agree with you that it could be good for us,'' the Ravenclaw said, leaning forward to kiss Kira. ''I should talk to my Dad about it, then, see what he thinks of it. I can't promise anything yet, though. ''

Kira bit her lip, turning to the binder. "Actually," She admitted nervously. "I wanted to surprise you, so... I already asked your dad." She took out the letter Mr. Rabson had sent back and offered it to Arc. "He said if you said you wanted to go with me, he could take care of everything so you don't have to start until a month after we return," She told him, biting her lip and offering him a shy smile. She reached up, running her fingers down his jaw. "Don't worry about the cost, okay? It's just a bit that my parents left, its... sorta like a bunch of Christmases and birthdays all put together. I have the map, but I was hoping that maybe... I give you the map, and you lead the way?" She offered, taking his hands in hers.

Surprised by what Kira told him, Arcturus took the letter she handed him to read it himself. He wondered what she might have said to his father for him to agree that they should take a year off to see these astronomical events, as it had initially been his father who was so adamant on him starting his first year of university after graduation from Hogwarts. But if his father was fine with his girlfriend's idea, well, then so would he. What he wasn't fine about was that Kira seemed willing to spend all of her money on this. He knew that he couldn't really help out that much moneywise, but was sure that he could miss at least a little bit. ''Okay but I'm paying a little bit, too,'' Arcturus told her. ''I don't you to pay everything. You'll need some yourself.''

Last edited:
Kira lit up as Arc agreed, and completely ignoring how he tried to insist he could pay too, she shot out of her seat. She sat in his lap, giggling as she wrapped her arms around his shoulders and buried her face in his neck. She was beyond happy he had agreed to go, she had honestly been worried he would say no, she knew how important his schooling was to him. She peppered kisses over his neck, moving up until she could press an eager kiss to his lips, running her fingers through the hair at the base of his neck. "I love you, Arcturus," She whispered, before kissing him again.

Arcturus smiled at how happy Kira seemed to be that he agreed with her to take that year off, holding onto her as she moved to seat herself in his lap instead. Did it really mean that much to her to take some time off before returning to school again? Whatever her reason was, he was glad that it made her happy. He chuckled softly as she kissed his neck and shited in his chair for more comfort, though the fact that she had ignored his issue about the money had not gone unnoticed. He would have to tell her again later. ''I love you, too, Kiki,'' Arcturus replied with a little smile, and then kissed her back. They didn't often have moments just for the two of them what with Onyx and his whole happening over the break earlier in the year, so this was nice. ''Do you want to get out of here? I think I've studied enough for today,'' he told her.

Kira smiled, excited by the idea of having him to herself for a bit. "What a silly question," She teased, moving from his lap and pulling on his hands. "Of course I want to steal a bit more time," She teased, used to the warmth that twisted her chest when she was with Arc. "Come on, let's go," She giggled, moving to sashay away and expecting him to follow.

Glad that Kira wanted to do something else for a bit, Arcturus packed up his belongings quickly and followed her to wherever she was going to take them, staring as he walked behind her. He didn't think that he could continue on studying anyway, his brain was pretty much fried after eight hours of sitting and reading. He could only hope that the amount of studying he had done already, and would still do in the near future, would eventually pay off. It'd suck if he failed most of his NEWTs. For now, however, Arcturus only cared about spending some time with his girlfriend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back