Pie party

Harriett Hoover

Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Knotted 9 Inch Flexible Applewood Wand with Kelpie Hair Core
It's spring in New Zealand and what better to eat in spring time than anything else? Harriett's two time blue ribbon Montgomery apple pie and several more. The eleven year old thought that she couldn't do baking anymore now that she's away from home but upon discovering the huge kitchen of the castle and its old timely brick oven. Harriett was over joyed and they also have everything she needed to bake some pies. On her spare time, the young girl decided to bake several pies and have her own pie party by the lake front which has the most stunning view of the dark water lake. With a little help from some house elves, Harriett carried a picnic basket loaded of different kinds of pies that she baked from scratch.

Upon arriving at the lakefront, she set up a blanket and sat down whilst taking out the pies from the basket. It was a lovely day out, she didn't mind enjoying the day by herself but she wished her roommates could join her. Though, everything she did today was just a last minute.

Peyton had felt bad spending her time inside so as soon as the weather had gotten better the first year had found herself outside more. She had been wandering around for a bit, deciding where to go. The grounds around the castle were huge and there was so much to see she decided to just start walking and see where she would end up, which turned out to be the lake. As she got closer to the lake Peyton noticed a girl sitting besides the lake, surrounded by what seemed to be like multiple pies. Curious as she was the first year Ravenclaw decided to make her way over to the other girl. As she got closer she recognized the girl as another Ravenclaw, she had seen her in class as well as in their common room. "Hi!" Peyton smiled once she had reached the girl, looking down at the pies that were spread out on the blanket. "Are you hungry or did you just feel like throwing a little party?" She chuckled, being interested in why the girl was sitting out here on her own with multiple pies.​
<i>
</i>

The young lady picked the pecan pie and didn't bother to use a desert plate that she brought. Harriett just grab a fork and almost stab the poor pie. She wasn't getting used to the boarding school life, it was very lonely and she barely know anyone. Doing her first bite of the pecan pie, a voice interrupted her. Harriett looked up and saw a fellow Ravenclaw, though, she never spoke to her before. "Howdy!" She said back. Her Southern accent rolling deep in her tongue. She can't help but be weird, even how she talks is weird at least for some people. Harriett looked at the many pies on the ground when the girl asked if she's hungry or having a party. The eleven year old chuckled and said, "Why, ma'am, I'm doing both. The leftovers can always be shared to the house elves." Harriett stated, she knows wasting food isn't good. That's why she's sharing it to anybody who would like to tastes her pies or join her even."Say, why don't you join me? I bake the best pies around the Mississippi delta. I'm Harriett Hoover by the way, no relation whatsoever with the 31st President of the United State." She always wanted to say that. Though, some rumors say that they're related to Edgar Hoover, the former director of the FBI, coincidentally her parents work for the FBI.

Being as curious as she was Peyton had to stop by the girl with the pies, not even bothering to walk any further. She had a feeling that this girl could be very interesting and she had always loved interesting people. Smiling at the girl as she greeted her back the eleven year old couldn't help but notice the accent, it very easily gave away that the girl wasn't from around here, which was an interesting fact as well. "I think they'd be happy with that." Peyton chuckled once the girl mentioned that she was doing both and that the leftovers could always be shared with the house elves. "I mean they look good!" She smiled, motioning towards the pies. The first year couldn't even remember the last time she had a piece of pie, but she did know that it had to be at least a couple of months ago. When asked if she wanted to join the girl Peyton's smile grew wider. "I guess it would be rude of me to have you eat those pies all by yourself." She chuckled, before sitting down crossed-legged on the blanket. "You baked them all by yourself?" Peyton asked the Ravenclaw in front of her. "That's so cool. I didn't even know we were allowed in the kitchen!" She exclaimed, making a note to herself that she definetely had to check out the kitchens some time, that would probably be some guaranteed fun. Chuckling at the comment the girl, who she had now learned was called Harriet, made about the 31st President of the United States Peyton now figured that that was probably where the girl was from. "I'm Peyton." She smiled at the other girl. "I'm guessing you are from the United States though? Even if not related to the 31st President."​
<i>
</i>

Users who are viewing this thread

Back