Alexis
Blood Status
Muggleborn
Relationship Status
Single (Looking)
Sexual Orientation
Pansexual
Open after Rowan, please.

Being back at Hogwarts was nice but Kinsey missed her brother's desperately - especially little Darwin who was growing like a weed. She wished that she could properly share this with them because her ties with her sister were the strongest they had ever been since starting Hogwarts. There was simply no way to explain what magic meant to her and how different it made her - whether she had wanted it to be that way or not. It was even to the point that Kinsey thought that Quidditch wasn't so odd. Flying on a broom was perhaps not as scary as it had felt her first year when it was so foreign - regardless of Tesla's former position on the Hufflepuff team. She wanted to learn more about it but Kinsey was not so bold as to hop onto a broom - she had to understand the mechanics of it and understand just how they defied gravity on such strange objects. Muggle physics just couldn't be a mistake because math just didn't lie. So with a Quidditch theory book cracked open she read and made brief notes - hoping for an equation or a proper explanation for how things worked. Whilst reading the theories Kinsey surely developed a quizzical brow that seemed to have no plan on leaving any time soon as everything seemed oversimplified and accepted as fact. The curious girl didn't grasp that some things just didn't follow logic in the way she wished them to.

As much as she wanted to spend all her time in the arts room practicing, October still did have homework to attend to, and she was tired of spending all her study time in the library. The student lounge felt like a nice change of scenery and October took a seat near another girl who looked to be reading, settling in to try and focus on her books. The other girl's book caught her eye though, and October looked over curiously. It was a book she had read herself shortly after getting her place on the Ravenclaw Quidditch team, and she wondered if the girl was having similar considerations. October knew she really shouldn't let herself be distracted from her studies, but wasn't part of her job as prefect to offer guidance to younger students? After a moment's hesitation, she spoke with a kind smile. "Are you thinking of trying out?" October asked, gesturing to the girl's book.

Kinsey looked up from the quidditch book at the sound of a voice she guessed was directed towards her. The suggestion of her trying out for the Quidditch team was so absurd to her that for a split second she looked confused as to what team this older girl was referencing. Kinsey smiled out of embarrassment and said, “I don’t think so.” She shrugged her shoulders and added, “I’m a muggleborn and there are some things I just can’t get used to. Physics tells me that flying like this shouldn’t happen so I just don’t get it.” Sure there were other things that were unexplainable but she supposed that they all had their logical reasons for doing so that perhaps upperclassmen were taught because the theory was confusing to her. “Do you play?” Kinsey asked, as admittedly this girl did look familiar enough to her.

October listened to the girl's reasons for not wanting to fly, nodding slowly. "That makes sense." She said, considering it. October had grown up knowing all about flight, even if she and Dad had never been Quidditch people before she had come to school, and she could imagine that discovering flight for the first time would be perplexing to younger students. "It... must definitely seem strange. Magic often defies laws of physics though, especially things like conjuration magic. I don't think anyone's ever studied magic that closely through a muggle scientific lens, but it functions according to different laws." She said, musing on the subject a little as she spoke. October had enjoyed science a lot in muggle school, but hadn't kept up with her muggle education much since coming to Hogwarts, and by now she was realising she had become rusty on several subjects. She nodded in response to the girl's question. "I'm the Ravenclaw seeker. My name is October, by the way, what's yours?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back