Perhaps I'll find something intresting

Ellie Sparks

Wand
Maple 12 3/4 Inches with Essence of Silver Thistle
Ellie wandered through the doors of the library. She was now in fourth year and could count on one hand the amount of times she had visited the place. Even at exam times she had taken to revising by the lake! There was just something about the place Ellie wasn't too fond of. Maybe it was the fact it was always rather dull looking, not enough light got in the place, or perhaps it was the fact that Library's meant actually doing work, while when she studied at the lake, there was always lots of thing to distract her. Although Ellie wanted to do well in her studies, and she had so far, she wasn't very good with the whole studying thing and always left it to the very last moment, in her bed the night before an exam!
Running a finger along the dusty spines of books, she made her way down one of the aisles, finding a small table with a few chairs surrounding it at the end. Sliding into one of the chairs, Ellie stared around the place, focusing her gaze on one spot, a spot on the opposing wall on which a small shimmer of sunlight was shining of off. A bright smile spread across her face and her brown eyes sparkled, removing her wand from her pocket, she directed it at the curtains covering the small window above her head, whispering a simple spell. Moments later the curtains snapped open and the area surrounding was instantly drenched in a blanket of sunlight! "Much better", Ellie grinned.

Andrew wandered in the library, a usual hangout of his as he loved reading Witch Weekly and of course the Daily Prophet. He saw some new Ravenclaw first years lingering around one table. He was in no mood of dealing with first years, like last year when he had jinxed one of them.

Andrew picked up the Prophet and moved to a silent corner. He realized that someone was there, but of course it wouldn't hurt to join her he thought as he moved closer. He recognized that it was Ellie, another fourth year.

They had met few times but weren't good friends. They just shared classes. Hope she wouldn't mind my company he thought as the sunlight hit his face making his eyes twinkle.

"Hey, do you mind if I join you Miss Sparks?"he asked grinning. "Isn't that how I addressed you the first time we met? By the rosebush?" he asked still waiting for her answer.

Ellie was petty much in her own little world when she heard the soft patter of another persons feet. Looking up her eyes met those of Andrew Bruke, a fourth year Slytherin whom she shared classes with.
"Hey" she greeted him with a bright smile, laughing as he adressed her as Miss Sparks. "Yehp, I think it was" she recalled, she had first met Andrew in her second year, by the Rosebush. As far as she knew, it was the first time Zazuka had met him too, and the two of them had been going out for mostly the whole of third year. "Oh, sure you can join me" she added, nodding her head towards the seat accross from her and tucking a loose brown curl behind her ear.

Andrew walked and sat on the seat, facing Eliie. "So, how were your holidays. It seems that everyone whom I have asked this had better holidays than me" he said with a smile."What electives have you choosen?"he asked her wanting to know which optional classes they shared.

Ellie smiled brightly as Andrew sat. "Oh, my holidays were pretty... crap" she answered him, letting out a soft sigh. Crap, was an understatement! "I picked Care of Magical Creatures, Ancient Runes and Divination" she told him with a smile, her eyes sparkling. "What did you pick?" she asked in return.

"I have picked Care Of Magical Creatures, Arthimacy and Divination but I never attended a single class of Divination nor did the exam so I left it. Now just Arthimacy and COMC" he told her remembering the events that had caused him not to attend Divination.

"So, how is Divination? Do you like actually see the future or omens of good or bad things? Has anyone ever predicted anything?"he asked curiously wanting to know more about the subject.

Ellie smiled, Andrew had picked all the classes she had, apart from one. "I haven't been to Divination yet either, I left at the start of Third Year and came back at the end, so didn't get a chance to try it" she told him, she couldn't wait till Divination lessons that year, she found the subjet intresting and hoped it would be. "Why didn't you go?" she asked curiously, wondering if there was a proper reason or if Andrew had just been skipping the class. Ellie had thought many times about skipping History of Magic, for she hated it, but she knew she would end up getting caught, and although she was always up for a bit of trouble, it was really more trouble than it was worth! Plus, lately she had been thinking more about her future and what she wanted to do with it, and although she still hadn't decided on a job, she didn't want to leave school with nothing.

"Oh! Thats a coincidence of sort" he said with a smile. "Well, the first week, I came back late to school, personal reasons. The second week I broke my leg very badly after a rough Qudditch game so I didnt go and the third week I was having high fever. Of course, I didnt want to be three lessons late so I didnt go at all" he explained Ellie.

"Ohh, ouch" Ellie said, biting her lip. Andrew definately hadn't had a very good start to the year!
"Do you play for Slytherin?" she asked, reffering to Quidditch.

"Yeah I do" he said smiling as he remembered him teaching Lexi last week and she complaining how she couldn't sit straight on her broom. "What about you?" he asked her. "Do you like muggle sports?"he asked her wondering what her blood status was, not that it would affect their friendship. Andrew respected muggleborns unlike some others of his house. And far as he knew, Caina, his besty was a muggleborn.

Ellie smiled, "Yes, I do. I'm currently a substitute seeker, so I play if Hilary can't make the games, but I'm hoping that will change this year. I'm thinking of trying out for another position too" she said, listening as Andrew asked her if she liked muggle sports. "Yeah, I love playing football, although I'm crap at it. Gymnastics is good too, and I guess Hockeys alrite" she smiled. "I grew up playing a mixture of wizard and muggle sports. Although my parents are both wizards, I attended muggle primary school because my mum and dad thought it would be good for me to learn like english and maths and social skills and stuff" she explained with a soft shrug.

"Seeker, thats what I play too. But I am permanent" he said with a pause then a thought crossed his mind. "Well, that was last year. I don't know if I will go in the team this year again" he said thoughtfully. They had their tryouts tomorrow and Andrew was anxious to know who would make into the team this year.

"I like football and played it well. I was also good at basketball but not hockey and I was totally crap in gymnastics" he said with a grin as he used Ellie's word, 'crap'. "Also I studied in a muggle school and till eleven years I lived in a muggle orphanage" he told her remembering those dull days.

Ellie grinned as Andrew said he too played seeker, then laughed as he said he was crap at Gymnastics.
She wasn't quite sure of what to say when he told her he had lived in an orphanage up until eleven years old. "Were do you live now?" Ellie asked, hoping Andrew didn't mind her asking.

"I live with Mallory" he said with a simple smile. "Yes, Mallory Malkin, she is my godmother" he told her as the memory of the day when Mallory had told Andrew that she was her godmother came into his mind. "We live in her manor in New Zealand but I dont know where exactly the manor is" he explained Ellie in detail hoping she didnt mind him chattering about himself. "You see its an ancient wizarding home so its hidden"

"What about you, where do you live?"he asked her.

Ellie smiled as Andrew spoke about his Godmother, Mallory Malkin, who she knew owned a Robe/Jewllery shop. "Aww, Cool" she said as he told her about the Ancient Wizarding Mansion which he stayed in.
Then the subject changed to Ellie, she smiled lightly. "I'm living with my Granny and Granda in London now. Things haven't been going well with me and my dad, since my Mum passed away. He's got a new wife now and we moved from London to New Zealand last year, but after a summer of constant arguing I'd had enough" She told him, thinking of her dad. If only things could go back to the way they had been, before Lily had come along. Lily being her dad's wife. "I really don't know what my dad sees in her" she mumbled, before realising she had just voiced her thoughts.
"What are you dressing up as for Halloween?" she asked brightly, it was rather random but somehow the thought had crossed her mind.

Andrew listened to Ellie closely as she told him about her family. Well, everyone had family probelms and it wasn't only Andrew who had probelms so he scolded himself for sympathising (sp?) his life.

"Halloween?" Andrew asked as he remembered that it had totally slipped away from his mind that Halloween would be celebrated in almost a week. "I don't know. It had slipped out of my mind" he replied as he recalled that during the holidays he had thought about this and had compe up with some options. "However, I had thought that I might be Fred Flinstone from a muggle cartoon, or a Zombie or a Red Indian" he said thoughtfully as he considered the three options. "But now I think of it I think Red Indian will look unique. What do you think?"he asked Ellie for her opinion.

"What about you? What have you decided to be for halloween?"he asked her

Ellie smiled and laughed as Andrew told her his Halloween options. "No way" she said, "I'm going to be an Indian" she laughed. "I have my costume all sorted out. It was either that or Bat-Ellie, and I thought the second was kind of pathetic" she added, grinning. She was actually looking forward to Halloween, it was always a laugh seeing what costumes some people came up with. Her mind wandered back to the Halloween of her first year at Hogwarts, when she had won the trophy for the cutest costume, she had dresses up as a Sheep!

"Well, that's okay if you would be an Indian" he said with a grin as he remembered his and Caina's talk on the north tower where they were planning to be going as a pair. "I might even go as Prince Charming from Cindrella" he said with a shy kind of smile. He wondered how he would look dressed as a Prince.

"My friend Caina thought it would be good if we did a pair thing so she suggested Prince Charming and Cindrella but we haven't finalised it yet" he said thoughtfully thinking about talking with Caina about that on their Brightstone trip."I still remember how cute you looked dressed as a sheep in our first year" he remembered with a grin. "Where did you get that idea from?"he asked her curiously.

Ellie grinned and listened as Andrew said he may go as Prince Charming from Cinderella. "I'm sure you'd look very charming in that costume" she told him, smiling. "So you and Caina are going as Prince Charming and Cinderella, but she's only your friend?" she asked, raising an eyebrow and laughing. Her cheeks turned pink as Andrew said she had looked cute as a Sheep in first year. "Why thank you, Mr.Charming" she grinned. "I can't actually remember, I wanted to be something different, so then I was just like, hey, a sheep!" She told him, laughing and internally slapping herself for sounding stupid.

"Yes, we are only friends" he said with a smile. "This isn't like two celebrities that work in the same movie and have an affair and then say 'we are only friends', we are just best friend" he explained clearing it for Ellie.

"Oh Thats intresting to know" he said as Ellie tol him about her idea of going as a sheep.

Ellie smiled, "Oh right" she said. For reasons unknown to her she let out a sigh of relief. Ellie, really, huh? a little voice in her head asked her as her cheeks turned a little pink and she hoped Andrew hadn't noticed. It was probably because everybody seemed to be in relationships now days and she was one of the few lone lions. She didn't understand it all really, suddenly the halls of Hogwarts were full of couples she'd never noticed before, it was like Cupid was hiding in one of the suits or armour, hitting those who passed with a love arrow, and she just hadn't been hit yet!

(hey how can u say andrew hadn't noticed :rofl: thats andrew but its okay he wont notice if u dont want him to!)

Andrew looked as Ellie took the message in. Then she seemed a bit lost. He hoped she wasn't thinking anything sad, he didn't like to see his friends feeling sad. "Hey Ellie, you in this world?"he asked as he stretched his hands and when it returned he had a pink rose in it. He had learned this trick from one of his elder friends and it came quite handy when dealing with girls.
He gave it to Ellie with a smile.

(Aww, sorry :( :lol: !)

Ellie's eyes re-focused and she realised she had been lost in thought for a moment, "Yes, sorry" she answered Andrew, flashing him a soft smile, watching as he made a pink rose appear in one of his hands, which he then gave to her. Taking it, her eyes lit up. "Thanks" she said, twirling the flower around in her hands and lifting it to her nose, breathing in its sweet scent. Cute, she thought, grinning over at Andrew.

"You are welcome" he said flashing Ellie a grin but just at that moment his wizard's watch started beeping and it indicated the end of their conversation. He had to go to Professor Merrythought for the interview that he needed to work on for the Hogwarts Monthly.

"Sorry, I need to get going" he said as he gathered his books and put them in his bag. "I'll see you around. Bye" he said with another smile and left the library.

Suddenly there was a beeping, and Ellie realised it was coming from Andrew's watch.
As Andrew said bye and hurried off to Professor Merrythought, Ellie smiled and gave a small wave, "Bye, see you later" she said, deicding she'd beter get going herself, she had her own article to work on for the Hogwarts Monthly.

(Aww crap, wrong account :uberyawn: !)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back