Peaceful

Ryan Moon

OOC First Name
Tenjo Jojo(Johanna)
Ryan walked towards the rosebush area.His sisters had told him that a first year had died here.He wasn't sure if he believed them but once he entered the little area an immediate peace came over him.It felt as if someone was watching over you but it was comforting.He looked around him before sitting down beside a tree.He had brought his guitar with him so he took it out and started to play a few chords.

OOCOut of Character:
Sorry its so bad.I was in a rush! :(

OOCOut of Character:
Don't worry I'm in a low-muse day. ^_^ This is good.

Adriana was wondering around the grounds as she usually did, bored and a little annoyed. Lately she just didn't have anyone to spend time with, or to do anything with. She was done with her schoolwork for the day and didn't even have anything to read. So, she decided to go, with her notebook, to the rosebush. She often found it a relaxing area where she could write in peace, but today there was a boy there playing guitar. "Hi there.." She blinked, smiling a little.

Ryan was in his own world.This happened when he was playing music.It was like he was on a different planet to everybody else.It annoyed his family sometimes because he would just go off on his own and he might be gone for hours.He was in one of those moods now but a voice brought him back to earth.He looked up and saw a girl around his age. "Hey"He said smiling and leaving his guitar to one side. "I'm Ryan"He said smiling again "Do you wanna sit?"He asked patting the space beside him

Adriana nodded and took a seat, giving a smaller smile. She sort of felt bad that she had broken his concentration like that. Her notebook, small and blue, her name scribbled poorly in ink on the cover, plopped onto the grass with a small thump. It was full of pages, not to mention the loose sheets that she would just fold up and stuff in there. "I'm Adriana." The boy looked familiar, but she couldn't put her finger on it. It was clear they were in the same house, but that was about it. Not wanting to sit in silence, she played with a bit of her hair and looked at him. "You know, you're a great guitar player."

Ryan thought he had seen her before but he couldn't place it.Ye had a feeling they were in the same house but that was all her could think off.He smiled when she told him her name "Nice to meet you"He said moving over a little bit so she had more room to sit down.He also moved his guitar to his left so it was out of the way.He saw a little notebook fall onto the grass,it looked completely full,it made him curious as to what she did in her free time.He smiled again when she complemented his guitar playing "I'm alright,I suppose"he said with a shrug of his shoulders.He didn't take complements very well. "Do you play"He asked leaning back against the tree.

Adriana pressed her knees to her chest, hugging them tightly to her body. "No, I'm afraid I'm not musically inclined, aside from that I can carry a tune." She smiled a little, resting on her knees. "But don't cut yourself short, hm?" It seemed that he couldn't take compliments, just like most of her family. So of course, she knew how to deal with that. None of her family ever thought what they did was good enough, so you couldn't ever compliment them. They would just raise the bar and raise their expectations. Sure it was stressful at times, but it made her come out on top no matter what happened. In truth, it was just character strengthening.

Ryan smiled.He himself prefered sport to music but when he was younger his parents found out that like his older sisters he had a talent for music so they started sending him to classes.It was mostly classical and he didn't like it very much so he decided to teach himself the guitar.his parents hadn't liked it at first but they had soon warmed to it.He and his older sister Kate were the only two still playing instruments.Sara had given up the piano and Star wasn't musical.His sister Kate played the violin and piano though she didn't like the piano.She was the most musical in the family as she went to Irish music and sighing lessons when she was in primary school.But since going to Hogwarts she taught herself the violin.None of them knew where they got their musical talent as neither of her parents were musical but their parents made sure they used their talent to the full. "I like sport better but my parents made me go to piano lessons when I was younger but soon I gave up and started the guitar instead"He said absent-midedly plucking the guitar strings."

But don't cut yourself short, hm?"

Ryan smiled when she said this.Obviously she noticed he couldn't take complements very well. "Thanks"He mumbled but still smiling. He looked up and turned around a bit so he was facing her. "So what do you like to do?"He asked grinning.He was curious as to what she liked to do

OOCOut of Character:
This is my sixth attempt to try to post this xD My computer hates me.

Ryan, it seemed, was an interesting fellow. For Adriana to think that was both a triumph and something to look out for. If she saw you as a threat she would tear you down, but that didn't really seem needed for this boy before her. He was modest, but he just needed a little more pride in his actions. Most wouldn't agree with that, but that didn't really matter to the Slytherin girl. Her drums were hit to a different beat, and for that reason she usually just didn't care about other people. Yet with Ryan, she payed attention for most of the time, nodding in understanding every so often. She knew about parents forcing their kids to do something, for Adriana it was modeling just for the sake of making her father's cover job legitimate. She hated being in front of cameras, but her father did need a job on the side to cover the specifics of his true profession. "Muggle or magical sports? Both?" That was an interesting thing, she had a preference. She had always found herself to love quidditch more than muggle sports, but she could play them with ease.

"I write... sometimes." She replied to him blandly, picking up her notebook and smiling a little more. In those pages she found an escape from the pressures of school and life in itself, and whatever she wrote was true in that alternate world. Though she never let anyone see the notebook. At times people could scan the sheets that fell out, but that was very rare.

Ryan smiled and still plucked the guitar strings.He liked Adriana's company, she seemed nice and she was easy to talk to. He usually didn't talk this much to one person in the one go.He thought about her next question. He hadn't really experimented with magical sports yet so he couldn't be sure which he prefred but at the moment it was muggle "At the moment muggle"He said looking over and smiling. He wondered what her favorite was or if she even liked sports "Do you like sports"He asked fingering a tune on the guitar.

Ryan raised his eyebrows. "Surely you could elaberate"He said teasingly looking at the book. He was interested in what she wrote. he guessed that she was good because of all the pages she had also been the one a fews seconds ago to say to not be to hard on yourself.Suddenly it started to drizzle. Luckily the tree covered them but he guessed if it started to get heavier they would have to go in but at the moment it was nice hearing the rain fall on the leaves.He loved times like this he wondered if Adriana did as wel
l

OOCOut of Character:
Sorry it took so long I've just been really busy with exams!

OOCOut of Character:
I feel your pain! xD

"Quidditch more than anything." Adriana admitted, smiling more and letting her pearly whites show. "I mean, I can play muggle sports, but my family isn't really muggle-ish so I usually don't." She shrugged and fixed her hair. The only person she had smiled this much with was Oliver, and that was to her reluctance. At least this boy was a Slytherin. As much as Adriana hated admitting this, she cared deeply about how her other house-mates viewed her. This was especially when it came to who she talked to and who she was close with. At the same time, she didn't like getting too close to people. Though Ryan seemed trustworthy, something seldom seen in a Slytherin.

She just swayed slightly to the melody and kept a smile on her face, relaxed for once. "I just like writing. That way I look through other people's perspectives and pretend for once. Plus it gets out emotion." Though when it drizzled, her smile faded slightly, but her lips were still twitched upward. She didn't like the humidity, but it was serene to listen to. "Wow... I hate rain, but this is sort of nice." If it got harder, she would protest and possibly whine, but for now she was quite content with her surroundings.

Ryan smiled and nodded his head. "I know what you mean my parents are muggles so that is why at the moment I like muggle sports better because I've played them since I was four"He said starting to play a different tune.Out of the corner of his eye he saw her fix he hair he wondered why but he guessed it was a girl thing. He hadn't been this relaxed in a persons company in his especially somebody from his own house. He didn't like a lot of the people from his house they were very different to him and they didn't usually get on not that all Sytherins were like that but there was a couple that he didn't like for a lot of reasons.

Ryan smiled and nodded his head again.He understood what she was saying and he thought it was a rather nice hobby.But he wasn't much of a writer his twin sister Star was the better writer.He saw her smile lessen as it started to rain he guessed she wasn't exactly a fan of the rain. Not that he blamed her he didn't like the continues heavy rain but he liked this sort of drizzle on these types of days. Ryan smiled when sh complemented the scene around them. "Isn't it"He said changing tunes again.It drizzled for another few moments before it stopped and then the sun came out. He smiled and saw a rainbow start to appea
r.

"You're a muggle born?" Adriana blinked and smiled, pleasantly surprised. She hadn't really known one prior to this, and so it was just a new thing to her. She listened to him play and smiled to herself, looking at him and then feeling her face heat up for some reason. No, she didn't think she had a reason to. Yet again, she never really knew until she really got hit with emotions. This probably would happen some time later, but certainly not now. She wouldn't mortify herself like that. If there was one thing Adriana would never do, it would be embarrassing herself in front of a boy.

She wiped the pink from her face and smiled back at him, laughing a little. "I'm afraid it's not as cool as guitar, but I enjoy what I do." Now the girl just watched the rain drops, humming a little and listening to the sounds and actually enjoying the coolness of the day. It seemed that the rain wasn't as bad when you were with someone who wasn't a complete downer. And just as she adjusted, it seemed that the rainbow appeared, and she felt her smile return. It was just too serene not to smile. "Now see, that's beautiful!" Her finger pointed to the rainbow, and she found herself looking at the different colors.

Ryan smiled at her surprise. he knew it wasn't normal for a Slytherin to be a muggle-born so people wouldn't think of him being one but he was glad that she seemed pleasantly surprised-not like some of the others. "Yup muggle-born and proud"he said grinning. He was proud of his blood status he didn't really care what other people thought though he would of been a bit sad if Adriana "Whats yours? If you don't mind me asking"He asked changing tunes again. Out of the corner of his eye he saw her blush again. A bit puzzled he dismissed it and didn't say anything as it could embarress her.

Ryan smiled at her comment."Thats the most important thing"He said looking out at the rain.There was no point doing something you didn't like just because everyone or somebody expected you to do it.You should be proud of what you can do.He smiled when he saw the smile return on Adriana's face when the rainbow appeared. For some reason it made him even happier knowing she was.He shook his head a little not knowing why he was feeling like this. "It is."He said looking at all the colours. "When we were younger mam taught us a song to remember the colours of the rainbow"He said trying to remember it.He started strumming the music to the song trying remember it.

"I'm a complete pure-blood." Adriana's voice filled with a little bit of pride, but it faded a little once she remembered to control her ego. Her father had always told her to be proud of her clean blood, though she never got why. To her it didn't matter. To her friends it was important, as it was with her family, but she just didn't find it a huge issue if someone had non-magical family. That didn't vouch for the measure of their character. "I haven't really associated with a muggle-born... ever." She laughed it off a little, not making it seem as if it was a choice of hers.

Adriana looked at Ryan and grinned. "A song about the colors of the rainbow? My dad used to tell me to just remember Roy G. Biv." The fondness of that memory made me laugh a little bit, mostly the fact that at first she hadn't understood that it was an acronym and not actually a person. "For some reason I can't ever remember violet though." She gave a shrug and looked at the guitar, interested in it. The only instrument she knew how to use was her voice, and some people didn't even consider the voice an instrument for some unknown reason. It was an interesting debate, and if anyone asked her, she would tell them that without a doubt it was indeed an instrument.

Ryan nodded wondering if her parents were like some pure-blood adults. Of course he wound't judge them as he hadn't seen them and also not ever pure-blood was like some her knew. He didn't get how a pure-blood was better than a muggle-born or half-blood they were all the same.he was sometimes picked on by his fellow classmates because of his blood-status but he didn't really care.He just thought them all to be arrogant idiots.He smiled at her comment "Well how is it?"He asked teasingly grinning. This confirmed that her parents were definately proud pure-bloods but that didn't matter at the moment.

Ryan laughed "Yup.I think it went something like this red and yellow and pink and blue, purple and oranage green"He said singing it but still strumming the tune.It was the wrong colours but his mother had always sung it to him when he was small. He hadn't realised until he was older that it was the wrong colours. "It was a nice song although it was pointless as they were the wrong colours"He said starting another song on the guitar.Ryan laughed "I wonder why"he asked teasingly.He was enjoying this talk with Adriana she was a nice girl and he enjoyed her company.He hadn't talked to someone for this long in ages. She didn't realise that she was actually pulling him out of his own little world.He smiled at this thought.

Adriana let out a laugh and scratched the back of her head, "It's wonderful I assure you." Her eyes looked at his and then closed when she grinned. It was with that she hoped that he understood that she was joking with him and not being serious. Though her best friends would be serious when it came to that sort of thing. The only time that she wanted to seem serious about being a purist was with them. After all they were park of the Dark Elites. And with her father, Adriana would probably be asked to join at some point. Dreading that moment, she decided to live life as best she could before having to live up to a social stigma.

"It still sounds nice when you play it!" She blinked. Did she really just compliment him? That concerned her slightly, but she payed no attention. Compliments from Adriana were rare and borderline legendary, and she had complimented him multiple times in the same day. That worried her, more the fact that she was actually liking someone. It was a nice feeling, but at the same time she had to trust him, and they weren't that close yet. They had just met, after all. She just giggled and sighed, falling back on the newly wet grass and staring up at the now light-blue sky. "You know, I'm going to hate when it gets cold out... I hate winter so much." The coldness was torture to the girl, and she had always been more preferential of warmer climates.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back