Peace.

Katerina Ivanova

OOC First Name
Camilla!
Wand
Myrtle Wand 15 1/2" Tail of Charmed Newt
Katerina sat herself on the lawn, sighing deeply as she pulled her knees close to her chest. Although she had been happy to get away from Durmstrang and experience something new for a year, it had been a complete disaster. Firstly, she hadn't been chosen as Champion. It wasn't the end of the world, but for just a second, it may have been. For a moment, she thought that the name called might have been hers, and she could've had the glory for her school. Her father would have been so proud. Her brother could've told all his classmates that his older sister was the Durmstrang champion. But no, it wasn't her. Perhaps it had been a good thing. From what she had heard, the first task had been difficult. She didn't know, of course, she had been talking to Estrella.
And there was her next problem. Estrella was one of the few friends she had made...and she was dating Jaken Styx, a boy she had long-standing issues with that she hadn't quite come to peace with. He had caused her so much torment during her first 4 years at Durmstrang. She vividly remembered her first and second years, when tears would well up in her eyes if he so much as came near her. After a while, she began to be able to hide her emotions...but that did not stop her from crying, when she was completely alone. Emotions were weakness, her father always told her, and Katerina did her best to hide hers, but she could never do it. I am too weak. That is why the Goblet didn't choose me.
She was also glad the Goblet didn't choose from the two sixth years present. Dominik Marinescu...and Nicolae Kobori. Katerina shuddered as she thought about the second boy. Her few months of dating him had been blissful...and then he had just broken up with her, without a warning. And then, at the Yule Ball, he had thrown it all back in her face, kissing Katalina right in front of her, acting as though it was all a game. Acting as though she, Katerina, had meant absolutely nothing to him. Did he not know respect?
He had hurt her. He had hurt Katalina, and that idiot Dom had hurt Rhyspa. And worst of all, they had completely rejected Yvan...all because he had stood up for her. For a moment, Katerina had thought that maybe, just maybe, Yvan had liked her. But how could he like her, after she had ruined everything for him?
Katerina hugged her legs, tightly, resting her head on her knees and allowing her blonde hair to veil her face, as a tear appeared in the corner of her eye. "I am not a crybaby. I must not cry," she whispered, her voice cracking with the effort to restrain her emotions. "I should not have come here," she whispered, as a chant, over and over again. "I should not have come here."

Jaken found himself less stressed than usual as he strolled outside, with his casual attire. His father hasn't spoken to him much, although, he was curious to why Bruin was in a dress just moments after the whole event. Jaken wanted to explain later, after the party that Isabella and another girl was throwing. Maybe Jaken could try to get his father to attend, though that would be highly unlikely as well. Jaken couldn't help but smile at the image of his father standing in a crowd of crazy students.

His eyes then spotted a girl, sitting on the ground. Jaken stopped. That blonde hair was very recognizable. It was Katerina. Immediately, his guilt of everything that he had done to her returned full force. It was almost enough to send him running in the opposite direction. No, I have to make amends. She is probably still being tormented by the things I have done to her. Sighing, he approached her with caution.

Jaken kneeled down so he could look at her in the face. He had seen that look before, and it pained him now. Jaken murmured, "Katerina, I know I am the last person you want to see, or close to it." He recalled the drama at the Yule Ball. "But, well, to get right down to the point, and I am sorry for everything I have done to you." He forced a weak smile. He added softly, "And I don't expect any forgiveness either." His eyes showed that he was very sincere.

Katerina sighed, again, wishing she was back home in Moscow, with her mother and father and siblings. Or even with her grandparents in the south of France. Anything to be away from here. She knew she'd be sad to leave - she was going to miss Estrella, and Katalina, and Rhyspa, but she needed to be gone. She could always write them letters, in any case.

Suddenly, she heard an extremely familiar voice. Her eyes widened in a slight panic, and all colour drained from her face. Jaken. Her heart beat in a frenzy, and her body completely tensed. I'm over this, she tried to tell herself. Calm down, Katerina. He's not going to hurt you here, of all places. She tried to regain control over her emotions, so he would not see the panic in her face. "Um," she began, awkwardly. "R-really?" she asked, stupidly. She wasn't sure whether or not to believe him. Certainly, he looked to be very sincere. And Estrella trusted him - and she trusted Estrella. But four years didn't mean nothing. Four years meant an awful lot. She looked in to his eyes, terrified, but her gaze not faltering.

Jaken put his arms up, showing her that he was unarmed. His face remained concerned. Jaken sighed and nodded, "I really mean it. Otherwise, I would have brought my wand. As you can see, I am here, without one." Jaken wondered how he could convince her that he wasn't up to his old ways. Of course, just a few words don't mean anything to a victim of such a long time. Jaken then informed, "I haven't done anything to disrupt the school, and I haven't been in trouble once. The students here probably only know me as an exchange student. Believe it or not, I changed. Even my dad can tell you that." Although Kalif was not happy with his sudden change of warmth and kindness either. But this was the real Jaken.

Now if he could prove it to this girl in front of him. He glanced down at the ground. Jaken had never felt this bad before, and wondered how much of a heartless person he used to be. None of this had ever phase him. It was like everything was hitting him at once. Jaken glanced back up at her eyes and smiled, "Well, if I didn't mean anything I said, then I would have just ignored you completely, sitting here on the ground. I wouldn't have bothered." Jaken wasn't so sure himself why he never bothered at the beginning of this school year. Maybe it was because he was trying to run from the past.

Katerina nodded, unsure of what to say. It was true, Jaken definately seemed to be very sincere. It was a sincerity she hadn't heard from him before. And he was unarmed. But was it all a trick? Did he have friends - perhaps Nic and Dom, although she knew he hadn't really been friends with them - lying in wait, ready to ambush her? It was a stupid thought, she knew. "You've changed?" Katerina repeated, a little dumbfounded. Certainly, he had appeared to have changed, after all, he was talking to her now, and not in a demeaning or insulting manner. That was a sign that he had changed, indeed. "I find it hard to believe somebody could change so much." A leopard can't change it's spots, her grandmother used to say. "However, I suppose you have a point," she agreed, softly. "You did hurt me a lot, but if you've changed your ways, then I'm happy for you." The last words were tinged with a slight bitterness. Katerina really was happy that he had changed, that maybe he wouldn't torment others like her any longer, but that didn't change much for her. And she knew that others at Durmstrang, other girls like herself would be tormented in the same way that she was. That wasn't Jaken's fault, but the precedent had to stop, and she knew she couldn't change it. That hurt more than the worst kind of torture. "But thank you for apologising," she added, almost in a whisper. "It does mean a lot to me."

Jaken waited for her responce. He found himself rather nervous. Once she repeated that he changed, he nodded. Jaken listened, unsure of what to say. He too found it hard that he had changed so much over the year. Like a snake shedding it's skin. Jaken heard those words again, and knew it was true. Jaken wondered whether since he was gone, his old gang of trouble makers would stop as well. He did influence them to do his bidding. Jaken wondered whether things would be easier for Katerina at school. Narrowing his eyes at the thought of the situation not, he tried to think of a way, anything, to help her out. It was the least he could do, after all.

He replied in a soft tone, "I know, I should have at the beginning of school." Jaken wondered whether Kiriyamo's gang was as bad as his. Jaken murmured so low, it was hard for himself to hear, "If only it would stop the torment." Jaken then thought of something. His name was known in the school. His actions and everything. Would that stop anything? Jaken wondered that, almost aloud. Jaken told her, "Well, I know my gang is probably still up to it's usual bidding. I also know that I have one of the worst reputations over at Durmstrang as well, if not the worst. I don't know whether it would change anything, but if I threatened them to stop what they were doing, or else, I wonder if they would stop." Jaken paused. "It may help just a little, but there will still be torture going on. It happens everywhere, to everyone."

Jaken glanced at the ground, his hair shielding his face. He muttered to himself, "At least the leader of tragedy at Durmstrang stopped his ways, maybe the others will follow his lead." He referred to himself, of course. Jaken stood up, and asked Katerina, "If you want me to leave you alone now, just tell me. For once, I really would do what you ask."

((sorry to be slow, and I know you're not here...))

Katerina only nodded, slowly. "I do hope your gang have grown up in the past year. I shall have to see when I return," she stated. Gingerly, she held her hand out to Jaken, for him to shake. "I accept your apology. I know there is little to no chance of us meeting again, but if we do, I would like it if we were civil towards each other. And I would like for us to part with no hard feelings," she said, diplomatically. "Thank you," she whispered.

((No need to worry))

Jaken chuckled, "They should have." At first, when she held out her hand to shake his, Jaken hesitated to process what she did. Smiling in his mind, he gently shook her hand. Jaken knew that most were amazing by how gentle he really was. But he usually shrugged it off. He grinned, "Who knows if we ever do. And being civil sounds good to me, really." Jaken heard her whisper and nodded, "And thanks for not holding a grudge." With that, he turned to walk back to the castle, all his guilt he had was completely gone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back