Patrolling and Making a new friend

Austin Zhefarovich

Wand
Knotted 14 1/2" Rigid Cherry Wand with Dragon Heartstring Core
Austin fancied a walk in the corridors. His Ravenclaw robes cloaked his tall form and his Prefect badge glittered off of his chest. His subtle smile made others around think that he was in a good mood. Those who thought that were quite right. Austin was in an excellent mood. He wasn't a mean Claw, that was for sure. The all around nice guy who happened to have a badge on his chest. Austin glanced down at the first years. Those that were a bit too close, Austin told them to separate in a stern voice, and they did. How cool was that? He was being obeyed! Austin smiled as he carried on. Anyone that needed this Claw's help would get it. Not badly get it, mind you, just get the help. This would turn out to be a good day. Spring was in the air, and Austin was having a good year so far. His birthday was coming up. Sweet sixteen. How happy was that? It was awesome!

Max was walking by when he saw an older person just standing there. "This guy seems to have some sort of authority." Max thought. "I wonder if he would mind if I talk to him?" Max liked talking to new people granted he didn't usually approach others but seeing how this guy looked nice it could end up well for him. As he walked down the corridor he noticed how his fellow first years seemed to be acting in a good manner, which surprised Max because they weren't always like this. He looked down at the guy he was wanting to meet and thought that maybe he was the reason he that the first years were actually acting like they're own age. As Max continued down the corridor he noticed it seemed quite calm and quiet. As Max approached the taller and older person in front of him he said "Hi I am Max, Max Sanders. May I asked what you're name is?" Max knew for a fact that this was an older year who deserved respect,after all he could feel that this person in front of him was very important.

Austin stopped walking and had checked his time tables. Nope, no classes for him today. This was rather relieving. Austin heard some first year talking to himself, and Austin chuckled in his throat. Ah, I remember doing that. But that is still a little weird to see though. Though he was a little shocked when the said first year approached him all giddy like. Austin raised his eyebrow, his cautious green eyes staring down at the boy. He introduced himself, and Austin finally smiled. He was still new at this prefect thing, and he wondered if this boy was in the same house as either Taylor, Aleyha or Arianna because he didn't recognize this first year. "Hey there, Max. I'm Austin Devearux, Ravenclaw Prefect." Austin was nothing like his adopted sister and by blood cousin, Aleyha. Aleyha would have bitten his head off. "I know you aren't in Ravenclaw, what house are you in?" Austin didn't think that he was a Slytherin. Slytherins typically didn't act like that. Well, he didn't think so anyway. Austin didn't feel like a prefect, but it just hasn't settled in yet. He had always been a good role model, and now he can really put his influences upon people, and maybe get them to study more often.

Max looked up at the Ravenclaw boy and said"Yes I am not in Ravenclaw sir. In fact I am a Hufflepuff and proud to be one." Max was proud to be a Hufflepuff because of the nice people in his house. "I am sorry sir if I am bothering you but I thought I should get to know a few higher years instead of trying to avoid them. And I am terribly sorry it is nice to meet you Austin Devearux." He then extended his hand to him as a gesture of respect. He was taught to always be respectful to you're elders and never disrespect them because they could be the nicest people. Or in other cases Max thought the worst. But this Austin guy seemed to be a very nice person and he was glad that he didn't think Max was an idiot. Max thought about how nice this guy seemed to be and wondered if he was wasting his time but decided it was best to wait and see how things went.

Austin snorted. This Max guy called him a ‘sir’. Austin would not be having that, because he was still a teenager, a young one at that. Austin chuckled, he couldn’t help it. This Max was a Hufflepuff, which did not bother him at all. Austin wasn’t prejudice at any house. His best friend was a Hufflepuff. “Oh please, do not call me sir. I’m not a man yet. Just a few years older than yourself.” Jeez, he wasn’t even growing facial hair yet. Austin didn’t mind that though. He was just fine the way he was. Then again, he wondered if he would get deviously handsome like his father. He was just a teenager though. “You aren’t bothering me at all kid, just a little shocked that you are so forward. But getting in with the older years is a good idea, just some are trouble makers though.” He shook the boy’s hand and he put them behind his back. “So, how are you liking Hogwarts? Need any help getting around this big place?” He remembered as a first year that he has trouble getting around here.

Max looked at him and said"Well that is good to know. I thought all higher years would wanna be called sir but I am glad you are an understanding higher year." Max looked around then heard Austin ask how he was liking Hogwarts and if he needed help getting around it. "No I am okay with finding my way around here but thank you and as for how I am liking the school it is very nice, there is a lot of nice people around here. It certainly is a change compared to what I am used too." Max then thought about how he had no family cause of what happened to them, but this place had become a home to him and it was nice to know that people here were nice and didn't go by judging him. It was new compared to how his old life was.

Austin chuckled and he thought that the first year had a lot to learn when it came to older years. He was an upperclassman if one were to compare to a muggle school. Austin nodded at his response. He was an understanding older student. It was the type of person he was, and Austin wasn’t afraid to show it. It was what made others feel comfortable around him. It was one of his greatest qualities. Austin listened to Max and he smiled down at the boy, “You have better directions than me then. I got lost several times in my first year.” But Austin didn’t know what type of change Max was talking about. Was Max muggle-born? Austin was not prejudice against them, but a lot of his family were. They weren’t allowed to even communicate with them really. Well, it wasn’t a written law, but if they got too close, then they could be hurt if someone decides to kill them off. “Ah, a change? Were you in a muggle school before you came here?” Austin’s mom put him through that just to learn the basics, so it was nothing to be ashamed of.

Max looked at him and took in every word. This upperclassman seemed to be very nice and understanding which Max was glad because he didn't want to have to lose that side of himself. After a second Max heard him asking about how it was a change and said"Well my family is gone...They are no longer with us and I never got to meet my parents." Max said. He hoped that didn't make him sound stupid but it was very painful to him especially since he watched his grandmother be killed in front of him while he hid in the closet."Sorry it is just a very painful thing,lets just say I haven't been able to believe that they are resting in peace right now. So what about you? Do you have any parents? sorry if I am being a little rude."

Austin’s smile faltered and fell to a poignant expression. He kind of knew how that felt, but not exactly. When you grow up in a family full of evil and stuff, things happen, and people die, unfortunately. And usually, the killer is someone in the family as well. Austin put his hand on the lad’s shoulder and he said, “I can’t say things will get better, because it is hard growing up without parents. But I want you to know, that I am sure that they are in a better place, smiling down at you and are very proud of you.” Austin removed his hand from the boy’s shoulder, and the question thrown back at him was a little surprising. “No, you are just being curious. Well, my dad works in the school, he is the Muggle Studies professor. But my mom on the other hand, she was killed in my second year. But her body has never shown up. So, the killer is still out there somewhere. But when one door closes, another opens.” He said this because he also had an awesome step-mother who puts the sun in sunshine. She was simply amazing, and loved the entire family. It was awesome, but Austin still loved his mom all the same.

Max looked at him and said"Well good to know someone knows what its kinda like. Also I really am glad I have someone to talk to about stuff like this. Believe me it is not easy talking about this with just anyone." He then looked and thought for a second."So do you have ny step parents now? or am I just being too noisy? If I am ill quit asking questions." He liked talking to Austin this guy was something else and Max had to admit he was glad that he actually go up the nerve to talk to him. They had some things in common and it seemed like Austin was someone who would try his best to understand the person he was talking to. Max looked around and then asked another question"So do you have any big plans for after getting done with Hogwarts? I mean I do but thought I would ask you." Max wanted to know more about Austin because of how he understood him. Max believed that if more people were like Austin there would never be any fighting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back