Outside at last

Dannie Lee

Dannie was sitting in her Hufflepuff dorm. She was really bored and felt enclosed. Dannie hated to be inside for too long. The inside was like a prison and she was the prisoner. Dannie loved Hogwarts even though she had only been there a couple of days but still she wanted to only be outside. Dannie looked out the window. The sun was shining. She had to do something besides stay inside.

Dannie smiled at the sunlight "you win you win" she said as if the sun was a real person. Dannie ran outside her dorm into the common room barely looking if anyone was there. She then ran through the corridors and out the big doors. Dannie felt the sunlight in her face.

She quickly kicked off her shoes. She wanted to feel the grass on her feet. She wanted to feel the grass between her toes. Dannie just kept on running "I will find my shoes later" She said to herself running and running. Dannie loved the feel of the grass and the sunlight. She always wanted to be outside.

Dannie ran seeing little people outside wondering why they were all still inside on a day like today. She soon started to get out of air. "This is happy making" she said to herself. Dannie sat down right in the spot that she was once standing. Dannie laid back her hair going wildly in the grass. Dannie looked up at the sky being blinded by the sun. She put her hand up to cover the light.

"This is bubbly" Dannie said as she continued to lay there feeling the grass, sunlight and a slight breeze. She wondered if anyone else would come out. There was enough room outside for everyone it was not boring being by herself but it was better to be around others.

Violet wandered outside. She needed fresh air. She needed to go outside. Every time she was inside, she couldn't help thinking of the grounds wistfully.
Wandering out by the lakefront, which was quite probably her favourite place in the grounds, Violet spied a girl who was new to the school, who she had seen around the Hufflepuff rooms but hadn't really met yet.
Shyly, Violet walked over to her. "Hi," she said. "I'm Violet. Do you mind if I join you?"

Dannie was still laying down when she saw a girl wondering over to her. When the girl asked if she could join Dannie, Dannie sat up quickly. "Oh hello and sure take a seat. It's such a happy making day" She said with a smile. "I'm Dannie " Dannie said introducing herself.

Dannie moved her feet about in the grass the memories of camping with her family were flooding back to her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back