Out and About

Luxen Silverback

Luxen had been distant from his family for quite some time however knew that he should not be, Luthor enjoyed seeing him and so did his apparent wife however he could not say that he felt the same. His mind told him that he was only with this woman because Morganna could not have children and while much of his time at the shop was spent with Morganna he could block out a feeling that at one point he was happy with Maeve and simply could not remeber. The house elf Tin had been most secreative often causing curiosity for Luxen as when he was ordered to reveal his secretes the elf simply replied that he had been ordered not to by Luxen. It angered him deeply and even though he'd cursed the elf several times he remained secretive, Luxen's mother also seemed to think something was a miss as she spoke with him often about his strange behavior.

Maeve had been to St.Mungo's on another checkup now that she was late into her seventh month the healers wanted to see her more frequently, especially as she was carrying twins. Of course they had also made disparaging remarks about her age being a factor of concern. She was tired and short tempered of late, Luxen was not himself at all and she knew it. It was like living with a complete stranger, the man she so loved was not the man that was at home with them. She didn't know what it was, Maeve just knew that this Luxen was like an empty shell. He treated her completely different almost as if he despised her. As she walked down Obsidian she stopped as she came face to face with her husband. She loved him, that would never change but the fact that he it would seem no longer loved her tore threw her. She felt a twinge from her womb and immediately her hand went to her unborn twins.
"Luxen, what brings you here?" he hadn't been able to attend the appointment at the hospital with her earlier on some pretence or other, she looked at him with her deep blue eyes wondering what had changed so drastically for them.

Luxen looked at Maeve's womb carrying the twins he'd conceived with her seven months prior, though he could not remeber the night. He wondered what would've caused him to sleep with Maeve after she'd already given birth to a child, perhaps it was simply the thrill of it, having someone that loved him and a mistress that he could do as he pleased with. It didn't really matter anymore as the plot had been cast, shortly after Maeve gives birth to his children he will quickly and quietly poison her and then Morganna would assume the role as Lady Silverback. "Had to get some supplies for a few potions I'm brewing" Luxen lied, the truth was that he needed to get away from the shop, something he'd felt the need to do more and more "how are the children?"Luxen asked politely as he placed a hand on her stomach.

Maeve watched as he reached out and put a hand to her stomach. She stepped back and placed her own hands protectively over them as they began to kick her violently from inside almost as if they knew that something was not right either. Her eyes filled with tears at the pain, both from the babies and from the cruel manner with which her husband distanced himself from her.
"Don't Luxen. You don't get to touch me not anymore" she wanted to slap him for all the nights of worrying about him, all the tears she had cried. The heartache and worry when she had discovered she was pregnant and with twins. He had been missing for so much.
"So brewing potions was more important than joining me at the hospital to see if our children were alright?"

Luxen looked at his wife an anger flared in his eyes only to be resolved as quickly as it appeared. "You know I have work that has to be done, many potions are an exact science and if not brewed in the right time causes them to be no good throwing off my inventory" Luxen said coldly. "Honestly, you've been acting like such a child lately" Luxen scowled as he turned from her "you act as though you'd rather me be away from your sight and if that's the case then your wish can easily be granted" Luxen retorted with anger in his tone, he would not be treated in such a manor by his wife or by anyone for that matter. Morganna would want him to be nicer to her even if it was for a little while longer but Luxen would not have that either, he was his own man and would not let either woman decide his fate.

Maeve stared at him blankly she had seen the anger in the depths of his eyes and wondered that he could turn his anger on her. Her heart tightened as if finally registering that in the last few months he had been lost to her and proof that he had never actually returned had just flashed into his perfect features. She felt defeated, as if everything she had done for their lives together to be good was all for nothing.
"I've been acting like a child Luxen? It is you who have been as irresponcible as one. Do not bother with turning whatever guilt it is you have in on me, I wished for your safe return too long and too hard. I wished for your safety time and again but none of that was granted" she picked up the folds of her gown and travelling robe, "Oh you've returned alright but I certainly don't know you, not this version of you. I'll not be making any more wishes thank you"
She turned from him to cross the cobbled streets when a stabbing pain pierced her and she all but doubled over. Gasping in agony and clutching her stomach instantly.

Luxen was perfectly ready to let Maeve go however he noticed easily the pain that appeared across her face. Luxen moved quickly towards her, "look what you've done, come now back to Saint Mungo's before anymore harm is done" Luxen said angrilly, though there was also a worriedness that had appeared in his tone as he wished for no harm to come to his children or for that matter, Maeve. Luxen looked into her eyes and remebered something that was suppose to be there a light that seemed to have once comforted and called out to Luxen yet now remained silent. Part of Luxen ached for the light again but as he searched for it again he saw only the blackness that was Morganna. "Come we don't want anything to happen to the children, your in a delicate state after all" Luxen said not without kindness for both the children and Maeve.

Maeve was too weak to fight him, to argue anymore though she wanted nothing more than to be away from him. She could not feel any love from him, nothing at all and her heart felt as if it were breaking because of it. An unsteady hand reached out and held his arm as another wave of pain shot through her. Shaking her head she knew she could not bear to have him with her, not when all she could feel from him was an eagerness to be away from her.
"Get Martha, I'll apparate to the hospital. Just get Martha" she wasn't her most favourite person in the world but Martha had been a constant the last few months and Maeve knew she could depend on her at least where her grandchildren were concerned. Her head began to ache now.
"You've done this to me Luxen" she looked up into his handsome face, her eyes pained as she did so, "Is my tormentor happy now?"
The world seemed to go black around her as she fainted.

Without a seconds thought Luxen Apparated the pair not to Saint Mungo's but instead to the Silver Snake. He laid Maeve on the bed and pulled out his wand casting several spells on her, one was to ease her pain while the other to ease her mind. He then went downstairs and grabbed a potion, luckily Morganna was away and Luxen was sure that she would not be returning anytime soon as she was the one that was really going to get supplies. Luxen went to his kitchen stores and pulled out a pearl colored potion mixing it with a brownish green one turning it bright gold with silver vapors. Luxen pulled out a jar of milk and slowly began to add the Savorla into it making the milk tinge a bit as if it were buttermilk yet it was cool and gave off the silver vapors.

This potion Luxen had made several times when Maeve was pregnant with Luthor it was called Butorolia and was not an easy potion to brew but would work none the less. Luxen walked back over to his wife and sat by her side slowly drinking the potion. It was not the best tasting Butorolia he'd made but he would deal with it as the silver vapor glittered his lips. Slowly he leaned in and kissed his wife as the vapors that came from an ingested Butorolia left his mouth and entered hers, the potion was potent and would help calm both child and mother while curing the body of what was sickening it. Luxen was pleased to see that he was still able to brew the potion to success as he had a few years back.

Maeve felt lips on hers and groaned softly, she could taste something else as well but it was the lips her mind focused on. She knew this kiss, knew it like she knew her own heart. Her eyes flickered open slowly as she gazed up at Luxen. Her hand came up to gently touch his face, tracing a finger down his cheek. She couldn't stop loving him and she knew it would be the death of her. She knew better than to attempt to sit up though she was feeling a lot better. S
"What happened?" her voice was low, barely a whisper as she continued to look into his face.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back