Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Bi (Norton)
Wand
Knotted 14 1/2 Inch Whippy Dogwood Wand with Meteorite Dust Core
The pain of being hit by two bludgers had been dulled by the excitement of catching the snitch against all odds, but now that she was stumbling into the hospital wing while leaning on her father it was returning rapidly. When her father had come rushing onto the field to take her to the hospital wing it hadn't felt necessary, she had wanted to stay with her team to celebrate, but now she was actually glad to be here.

She settled onto one of the beds and looked around as her dad went off to find someone from the staff. April was sure she was fine with just a bit of rest, but she was honestly glad her father was a Professor so he could be here with her to worry about her and take care of her, even if he was a bit overbearing. She just hoped he wouldn't get any ideas in his head about trying to ban her from playing more quidditch, not now she had proven herself. She looked around eagerly, hoping to see someone from her team. Maybe Anthony or Norton would be nearby as they had both been hit by bludgers three times! Norton at the very last second. She felt a little bad she hadn't caught the snitch five minutes earlier so he would have avoided that pain.

Norton had be hit with a total of three bludgers, which would've resulted in him being sent off, but just as that had likely been about to happen, April had caught the snitch. Despite the growing bruises and the twinge and slight swelling in his arm from the last bludger, the boy had been overjoyed! They'd WON! it hadn't been the perfect game, he definitely hadn't thought he'd get hurt, but boy had he loved it! It had been amazing, flying around with the other players. He even spent a little time just celebrating before the referee had sternly told him to go to the hospital wing. Which Norton was now doing, moving through the corridors with a bounce in his step despite it all. He had so enjoyed it, and he HAD to talk to the beaters on the slytherin team, they were SO GOOD! Norton wanted to be as good as they were some day, so surely they would be open to talking to him. Even if they were on opposing teams, he liked slytherins, his twin was one after all!

The boy walked into the hospital wing, and with a large smile erupting on his face spotting April lying upon one of the beds with one of the professors. Norton bounded over, "APRIL!" he greeted warmly, "YOU WERE AMAZING!" he said grinning from ear to ear, completely ignoring the fact this was a hospital and he probably needed to sit down. He was just so happy they had gotten to play together, he was so happy to have been able to play. He was so happy they had won! He had so much adrenaline running through his body, he barely noted the pain he felt from the three distinct hits. He looked up at the older man, "Sorry sir, I didn't mean to yell, I'm just so happy and excited! I can't help it, April did incredibly," he told him a little sheepishly. There was little that would impede Norton's excitement over the game.

April's dad returned sooner than she wanted and hovered near her bed, he was clearly concerned but she didn't want to focus on the injuries, she wanted to focus on her win. So when she heard a familiar voice she perked up and beamed. She sat up and hugged him from the bed. "NORTON!" She shouted in response even though he was way too close to need shouting. "You were amazing too! The way you threw yourself in front of that bludger was so brave! I think it was the bravest thing I have EVER seen!" It was so nice to see Norton, as he shared her excitement about the match and didn't seem to focus on his injuries either, though he was hurt WORSE. He seemed embarrassed around her father and she laughed. "That's okay, he's just my dad." She said with a smile.

Matt didn't know how to bring up the match, he wanted to be proud of April for her accomplishment but all he could see in his mind were the bludgers hitting her twice in a row. He was relieved when a friend greeted her. It was with a lot of enthusiasm, which made him smile. He recognized him as the beater from the game. He didn't know the younger students very well, but April had mentioned Norton to him before. He didn't mean to, but part of him noted the boy's names she mentioned with a bit more care than the girls. Though he himself was bisexual so he knew it was some internalized bias that made him do it, April didn't yet seem interested in boys or girls, though that probably wouldn't be the case much longer. The kid seemed to be sweet, though, and similar in temperament. Though Matt thought he should probably at least sit down with the injuries he'd suffered. "Nice to meet you Norton, I'm Matt Ward. I teach History of Magic to the older students." He told the boy with a smile. "Please go sit down, you were awfully beat up. I assure you, you can talk to April from that bed over there." He told him kindly.

At her comment, he didn’t think he was the one was brave, she was! Of course she was! The young hufflepuff smiled excitedly at her, before looking up at her father, when April said that it was. Norton had had no idea that the professor was April’s father, that was so weird! He couldn’t imagine his father being a professor at hogwarts and not just because he was a muggle, but he would’ve thought it weird. The boy still did feel bad for all his outward excitement but he didn’t even care, they’d won the game, April had won the game for them, of course he was going to celebrate, of course he was going to congratulate her on it. Of course he was going to. The boy was injured himself, the pain in his arm creeping up slightly at a snail’s pace but he ignored it for now, ”Nice to meet you Professor Ward!” even though he wouldn’t get this professor for years it was nice to meet her dad. At his comment Norton just shook his head, ”It’s okay! I don’t need to sit down! I was told to come here by the referee because I got hit three times, but I just want to celebrate!” the boy told him excitedly, practically bouncing up and down as he said it, ”I’m so happy we won!” he gushed once more towards April, ”Are you badly hurt?” he then added, since she was lying on the bed, that must mean she was pretty hurt, she had been hit several times, she was on the bed, maybe she was super hurt!

Ethan couldn't believe they'd won their first game, against all odds! Although he'd been nervous to be part of the team that had won the championship last year, now he was so glad he hadn't waited to try out like he had originally considered. Although he hadn't gotten injured himself in the game, he knew that three of the players in his team had been hit badly by bludgers, which was an excessive amount of players. Two of them were in his own year so he was especially worried about them since they were also new to the team, though they had definitely proved themselves by how hard they worked on the field. After their Seeker had been taken out, Ethan thought their chances of winning were so slim, especially after they began targeting their alternate Seeker as well. But thankfully, they'd won anyway so now Ethan could celebrate their victory. But first he wanted to check on his teammates and see if they were okay.

Ethan walked into the Hospital Wing and looked around for the other second years on the team, but didn't have to search for long because he could hear them as soon as he walked in. He'd spotted their Seeker as well but there was a girl sitting with him already and the nurse had come to check up on him, so Ethan didn't want to bother him. Instead he walked over to where Norton and April were practically shouting at each other even if only a few feet apart. "Hey guys," he greeted them both and then looked up at the man standing beside the girl's bed. He looked familiar, like he'd seen him around the castle, he was probably a professor but not in a subject Ethan took. "Hi, I'm Ethan," he introduced himself so he wouldn't be rude. He turned back to the two lying on their beds and asked, "Are you guys alright?" looking from April to Norton. "I came to make sure you're not dying because we definitely need you guys out there for the next game!" he added with a playful grin, lightening the mood.

Matt didn't know what it said about him as a professor when a child younger than anyone he was actually teaching didn't listen to him. He sighed and put on his sterner voice. "I'm afraid I'm going to have to insist you at least sit down, Norton. I assure you, you can celebrate while sitting down." He told the boy. Another boy joined them that seemed to know April and Matt decided to give his daughter some time to catch up with her friends and teammates, though he would stay close to make sure she wasn't going to be doing cartwheels or handstands. "Nice to meet you Ethan." He said before touching his daughter's shoulder briefly. "I'm going to get some tea, you talk to your friends for a bit. But I want you to stay on the bed, promise?" When she nodded he smiled. "You all played very well, by the way." He told them. It was probably true, but he couldn't be sure as all he had been able to focus on for the latter half of the game was April being in danger. At least that was over now. With that, he got up to give April and the two boys some space to talk alone. It was probably somewhat intimidating for them to have a professor hovering around.

April was relieved when her dad left for a bit, as nice as he was being, she felt a little smothered. Sure, the bludgers had hurt, but it was part of the game! Besides, winning made up for a lot of it. "I hope there's a party later." She told Norton when he mentioned celebrating. "I'm not badly hurt, my dad is just worried I guess!" She shrugged, though she was downplaying it slightly. Bludgers were no joke, and she was going to focus on learning to avoid them during their next training.

Ethan approached them and she grinned at him, had he really come to visit them? As far as she remembered the boy hadn't gotten hurt during the match, so he must have come for them especially. "Yeah! I'm alright." She reassured him. "No dying happening here." The idea that she would be needed for the next game was odd, and she couldn't help but glance in the direction of Anthony. "As fun as it was to play, I hope I won't be needed next time." She said truthfully. "I want to get better first! Between you and me, I think the snitch just happened to fly at me! I don't know how else I could have caught it before the Slytherin seeker." April was hardly ever modest, and it didn't feel right to completely attribute the win to chance. "I did grab it pretty fast though." She added, her chest puffed up in pride. "What did you guys think of your very first game? It was very exciting wasn't it?" Also scarier than she had expected, but why would she need to voice that?

Norton looked at the professor, April's father and nodded somewhat reluctantly, maybe he should sit down, maybe before the professor forced him to. Or before the nurse made him. So he took a chair and sat down upon it, just as the professor then said he was off to get some tea. Norton couldn't understand how the man could be interested in tea when they hd just won a game, but he was happier still to get April's full attention, well, until they were joined by the hufflepuff chaser, a boy by the name of Ethan. Norton's hand shot out to the boy, "I'm Norton," he introduced himself excitedly, only realising that the most amount of pain was coming from his arm, perhaps he did need to get that looked at before he went to celebrate. The hufflepuff was just so excited. he nodded at the question, "Some minor pain, but I'll be just fine, that's why we have magical nurses who can fix this up in no time!" the boy told them both excitedly, always in awe of the magic things in this school.

He was surprised that April didn't want to play again! Saying that it was because of where the snitch had been that had brought her the good luck needed to catch it. Norton looked at her with a surprised expression, "APRIL! You caught it because you're good!" he assured her loudly, more than certain that he heard someone ssshing him. He was so impressed by her, "You caught it despite the slytherin seeker having more experience than you," the boy continued, looking to Ethan for some back up on this. As for him, Norton knew he was going to play again, that he wanted to play again. "Oh my god, it was amazing! I love every moment of it! Even getting hit, as sore as it could be, it was just the best sport I've ever played," Though he had always loved the muggle sport he and his sister had played, in this new world, this sport was far better, "What about you Ethan what did you think?"

After dealing with the first casualty the rest seem to filter in quickly. He noted the two students with the older man, a professor of course and for them to be then joined by another student. He grabbed a few bits and pieces and walked over to the group, noting that the man had now gone, and he was just left with the little gathering of young hufflepuff quidditch players. He cleared his throat as he stood before them, "So, I'm probably going to start with the one that's lying on the bed," he told them with a light smile, because he didn't know if either of the boys were injured, but the girl lying upon the bed obviously was, "Alright, I'm Felix, I'm one of the nurses here, just tell me what hurts and how badly it hurts," he asked her, turning towards her and hoping that there wasn't anything too wrong with her. Bludgers could be dangerous and this little group of students were exactly that, little.

Ethan realized belatedly that the professor standing beside April's bed was probably her father, and once he'd made the realization he couldn't stop looking back and forth between them, seeing the obvious resemblance. He felt awkward somehow, as if he wasn't polite enough to the man, but he didn't seem to mind. He greeted Ethan back and then left them alone, which made the boy feel more at ease around the two second years. He turned back to them and grinned when they said they were alright, nodding his head enthusiastically when Norton pointed out that she'd caught the snitch even with less experience. "You're going to be a pro in no time!" he added, thinking if she was this good as an alternate then she'd definitely be the best when the position was officially hers.

When she asked them how their first game was Ethan shrugged slightly. The two of them had done great but he had not been able to score at all, given that he was the youngest player. Of course, he'd only tried to score once but he still felt as if he should've been able to do better. Still, being up in the air was the best feeling ever, it'd been worth all the nerves he felt before. "It was so fun, hearing all those people cheer for us!" he said truthfully. "I didn't score but I'm pretty sure I was the fastest one out there," he said with a smug grin. Sure he hadn't scored or tried to score really, but each time the quaffle was thrown out, he was the first to grab it and soar off across the field. It gave the others the advantage of being free to fly without being targeted so by the time they got to the goal hoops, Ethan was already there to pass them the ball and score, like he had done with their captain who had scored. "Next time I'm going to score," he said with determination, mostly to himself, smiling at them. Then the nurse arrived so Ethan stood back to let him work on the two. He was curious to see what kind of injuries they'd get from bludgers since he had yet to be hit by one, but given how the brutal the game was, he felt like it was only a matter of time. Maybe he'd dive in front of one to take the hit like Norton had done instead of letting their Seeker get targeted. As the nurse focused on April, Ethan turned to Norton and said, "We are definitely gonna win the Cup again this year!" Although all three of them hadn't been part of the team last year, it was still their house, and after the way they played today he felt confident that they could contribute to the team's success despite being new players.

April smiled happily when Norton told her she had caught it because she was good. She didn't really feel it, but was all to happy to pretend that was really the case. As long as she got credit for it, she didn't really mind. Ethan's comment about her being a pro made her smile even wider. "We all will!" She said eagerly. "And then Hufflepuff will be unbeatable!" She nodded when Ethan said he was the fastest. "YOU WERE SO FAST!" She said, loud in her excitement.

The nurse approached them and unfortunately turned to her first. She groaned. "I'm only lying on the bed because my dad made me." She said quickly. "I'm not that hurt, I swear." She sat up slightly but winced. "Okay, my side sorta hurts." She said, gesturing to it. "And my leg, but I only got hit twice and Norton," she nodded at him, "three times! So maybe he needs your help more." It wasn't nice of her to throw Norton under the bus like that, but she wanted to talk! Not be examined.

Norton was sure that the next game would go even better than this one had, since this one, for all it's faults had still be won. He looked towards Ethan and nodded in agreement to the fact that the boy had been fast. He had been so fast! Norton was sure too that come the next game, he would be able to score, "You should! I'm sure you'd get it in," the boy said with a wide grin. Ethan had played so well, he was sure that he could also score, of course he could. Norton would have to work on being a better beater, but he was pretty happy with the work he had managed to do. With the way that he had actually played. The boy looked up at the nurse who joined them and he frowned at April who insisted that she wasn't that badly hurt, but he frowned, he knew that her dad was at the school he hardly wanted to take the attention away from her with her dad lingering about. He shook his head at her and the nurse, "It's only my arm which hurts, the rest are just sore like I have bruises," he told the nurse insistently. He looked back at April, "Just let him take care of you and then it can be me," he told April, almost pleading with her to take it first, she was lying on the bed, she had been the seeker who'd won the game, she deserved the nurse's attention first.

OOCOut of Character:
*ducks head* sorry this is so delayed

Felix didn't much care who he looked after first, just as long as someone saw to each of the students, and he could take care of them both. They didn't seem too out of it, so he could assume minor, easily fixable injuries. Which was good. He looked between them before deciding that he would just begin with the girl lying on the bed. "April was it? Let's just started, point to me where exactly it hurts and I'll see if there's anything other than some bruising," he waited for her to do as told before looking over the two areas. From what he could see and lightly feel, there was definitely some deep bruising, but nothing was broken. "Alright, I'll get some bruise paste apply it to these areas, and they should heal a little more quickly," he told her, with a small smile before walking away to get what he needed. When he got back he smiled at her, "Are you sure you aren't hurt anywhere else?" he gently prodded, making sure before moving on to the next student who required his help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back