Orion's Belt

Lewis Davids

OOC First Name
Teigs
Set in the Holidays of July 2030 near the train station in Obsidien Harbour.
It was unusually bright for a cold day in New Zealand. Not that he wasn't used to it in the Canadian snows. It often got quite cold up there. He smiled slightly at the thought of the many memories he had made in his six years of attending Orion. He had learned so much and was soon to be returning to Canada for his last year. he was quite excited, though he would never dare to let the emotions show on his face. The best part about Orion was that it offered magical students the chance to attend muggle classes as well as compete against muggle in muggle sports, such as soccer or basketball. Orion was like heaven on earth for a boy with Lewis's interests. He was sure that Taylor would have liked to have gone to Orion, if it wasn't a boys only school. Besides, they way he saw it, it was batter that she went to HNZ anyway. It was a great opportunity for her. She really did need to be somewhere where she could grow and become her own person. Lewis was looking forward to seeing Taylor become a striking young woman. He knew that secretly she felt the twang of loss that orphans often felt because she was as good as an orphan. Lewis felt like a horrible person for saying it, but it was unfortunately very true. He sighed and pushed his sunnies up his nose to stop them from falling. Even though he was only walking along the road that lead towards the train station he knew that he should be looking out for Taylor. Which is why he was heading there now. He wanted to make sure that she was okay. And that she was going to be safe and happy. Last time she had gotten upset about something Lewis had ended up obliviating the poor guy. Well not exactly, he had made a potion to do it for him because he wasn't yet allowed to use magic. But the potion had done just as well. He stopped at a bench just outside the station and decided to wait for Taylor. He hoped she came soon.

Tamalia looked around and hopped out of the train, stretching as she landed on the ground and releasing a yawn she had been holding the whole train ride. She was listening to some girl give her life story, it was very boring and now she was ddead tired from boredom. She wondered around a little, looking for Tessa, who wwould bbe picking hher and Samual up, but she couldn't see Tessa, or Samual, which wasn't good, she hoped she didn't lose them, that most certainly wouldn't be good, not at all. So, instead of standing around awkwardly, she tied her blonde hair back, using a hair tie, and oulled it uup into a long, curly ponytail. She pulled at her uniform annyingly, and removed her jacket and vase, folding them and putting them in her trunk, and loosening her tie and folding her sock down, she felt more relaxed now aand sshe looked it, which made her happier, even if she was annoyed by the fact that she had to pull her trolley everywhere until she located Tessa. Starshine was being anguthy, as usual, she Tama let the bat out of her cage she she could stretch her wings and flap around, squeaking as she did sso. It was quite dark, she Tamalia wasn't worried about Starshine being spooked or anything, and she was well trained, she always returned on call. "Starshine." She called, lifting uo her arm and the bat landed on her arm, she winced slightly as the bats claws scratched her arm, but she was used to it and she continued onward.

Tamalia was a small ggirl, sshe didn't have much upper body strength, her power was in her legs, so her arms grew tired after a ffew minutes. ''Stupid trunk'' she muttered, leaning on the trolley to force it onward. When she saw a bench, she bee lined towards it, she wanted that bench, it would aallow hher dear arms to rest up for a bit for a bit, until Tessa, or Samual finds her, she gave up on searching for them. She sat down and sighed, rubbing her upper arms and pulling Starshine off her shoulder, she than placed the small bat on her lap. But when the bat flew from her lap and flew into the guy next to her, she bbit her lip awkwardly. ''I'm sorry, are you okay?" She asked, once, long ago a similar thing happened to her with another boy, he had been scared by the bat flying into his lap, so she wasn,t susure how this guy wwould like a bat, in the dark, flying into his face. ''I'm Tamalia.'' She said, pulling Starshine off the guy and placing her back on her lap. ''And sorry for my bat...''

Lewis yawned and crossed his legs over one another and sunk lower onto the bench. He wasn't sure how long he was going to have to wait for Taylor, but he didn't want to have to wait too long. He still wasn't confident in apparating with two people so he was going to have to catch a plane with Taylor. Not that he minded of course, he loved his cousin and never wanted anything to happen to her. He just didn't understand why his mum couldn't come to get her. Why was she sending him for Taylor, when she could so easily collect her herself? He sighed and pulled his hood down over his face to sheild it from view. It was already pretty dark and he could barely see out of his sunnies anyway, but he seemed to think that it needed to be darker. He wasn't sure why, it was just a feeling that he got. Being at Orion made him develop all sorts of weird habits. Infact he was once asked whether or not he was a vampire. He was usually pale after having been outside for long periods of time, which was often seeing as he was a fitness and sports buff, and he often wore sunglasses and a hoodie. He was sure he had scared the living daylights out of his fair share of first years. He could remember one specific time, when he and a group of his mates had thought it would be funny to play a trick on a group of the muggles. What was fascinating about the muggles at Orion, was that they all knew about magic. They were the family members of the witches and wizards who attended the same school. Atleast, most of them were. He was pretty sure there were a few squibs in existence in the school as well. This particular group of muggles happened to know alot about magic. One of them being the illigitemate half-sister of the Prinicpal and one of the woman on the board of directors. No-one was sure who her mother was so no-one was sure whether she was a muggle or a squib. But she was a really mean girl and in his fourth year, Lewis had been particularly boystrous and a jokester. So he and his friends sent a mile long snow ball at her that was full of not very nice things. When it had hit her Lewis and his friends had bolted, the girl, Diane, still had no clue who had done it.

He chuckled slightly at the memory before stopping suddenly at the realisation that some-one had just sat down next to him. He turned his head slightly to see who the person was, and was taken slightly aback to see the frame of a younger girl sitting next to him. A bat sitting on her shoulder. She was beautiful. Truly a stunning girl and Lewis found himself mesmerised by her. That is until his face was attacked by the girls bat. He freaked out alittle at first, but after realising that the bat was infact not trying to eat him, he calmed down and laughed slightly. Oh the irony! He thought as he smiled at the girl. He nodded his head slowly at her first question. Of course he was fine, why wouldn't he be. He smirked softly, warmly at the girl. "Oh, don't worry about me, its just my face, i really have no need of it anyway..." He joked, running a hand up his head to remove his hood. He then removed his sunnie and looked the girl in the eye. She was definately very attractive and she had the most beautiful shade of green eyes he had ever seen on anyone before. He tilted his head slightly at her name. It was a very unusual name indeed. But, he thought it suited her. For some reason, she just looked like a Tamalia. It was rather strange indeed. "Tamalia, thats a very intriguing name. I would like to learn more about it. And you." He told her folding his arms over his chest slightly, his relaxed pose. "I'm Lewis. It's nice to meet you... ah, sort of." He lsughed slightly as he looked at the girls bat. It was pretty cute. "Hey, don't worry about it. I've been hit with worse things... believe me." He told her as he laughed slightly.

Tamalia smiled slightly, and moved her hair out of her eyes. He seemed comfortable, which was more than she could say, she was just a little nervous because she always was when she was going home. Sometimes she got a little homesick, but other times she was completely fine. This time was one of those'I'm a little homesick' times, excpet now she didn't want to leave for her house so quickly, because now she had someone else to talk to, other than Samual, unless Starshine scared him away! When he started chuckling, Tamalia couldn't help but be a little confused, but Starshine did its thing and virtually bombarded the poor boy. How embarrassing! But the boy was laughing, that was always a good sign, angry people didn't laugh, they grew red with rage and yelled. When he smiled, Tamalia instictively smiled back. His smile was warm andit made her feel better about her bat trying to eat him. She alughed at his joke, then began to think that it would be a crime of nature for her to allow her bat to eat his face off, she'd feel horrible about herself if something happened to his overly gorgeous face. Though his arms were something to look at as well, but she kept her eyes strictly on his eyes, to avoid embarrassment. "Well if you're sure, next time I will remember to not pull it off." She teased, poking her tongue out.

Tamalia beamed slightly, something she hadn't done for a long time, usually Samual was the smiley beamer of the family, not Tamalia. "Thank you." When the boy got to finishing his sentence though, thankfully her hair had fallen in front of her face, because she... blushed! He was so cute and nice! "Nice to meet you... Lewis." She said, laughing slightly, it was most certainly an interesting meeting, hopefully Starshine would behave and stay on her lap and not attack the adorable boy again. Tamalia shrugged slightly. "Yeah... my bat tends to like raming into people whenever I meet them, it's happened twice." She explained meekly. "So... what sort of things?" She asked, deciding to continue conversation tha way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back