One step foreword and no steps back

Eden Silverback

OOC First Name
Eden
Wand
Rosewood Wand 14 1/4" Essence of Hair from the mane of a Unicorn
It was one for the few times thatEden was out of her school uniform and not to mention not hiding under her cloak. Granted she still had her silver snake Judas wrapped around her wrist like an over sized bracelet and she still had her jasmine tea this time in a travel mug instead of a china cup. Eden was trying to get out more it would do her no good to stay hidden away from the rest of the school. It was the only reason Eden was now flipping through one of her books about dreams in the student lounge instead of the Slytherin room common room.

Eden paused from what she was doing to push her black hair from her face. As the years had gone by she had gone from being a girl with knobby knees to a rare beauty. It seemed with all the hardships she had only looked better. Her bright green eyes scanned the room stopping to look into the depths of the fire. Eden looked down at her sleeping pet and her eyes seemed to glow before she went back to flipping though her book.

Willow made her way towards the Student Lounge, it seemed to be one of the few places where she knew where it was.
She wasn't sure how the other firsts years did it - then again, they traveled in packs and they happened to find everything together. But not Willow, she was always either by herself or with Chris and today just happened to be one of those days where she had no idea where he was.

Un-bothered by the prospect of being by herself for the majority of the time, she walked through the doors of the Student Lounge. It was usually quiet and there was only one or two students in the room. Walking towards a large plushy chair near the window, she got out a piece of parchment that she was told to learn - Protego and Stupefy spells.

Although Willow seemed confident with the spells already, her timing was horrible and it showed in class where she didn't cast Protego in time.
Sighing, she practiced her wand movements - she didn't know how long she was going to be in here, but she might as well make an effort to try and do something right today.

Eden kept flipping through her book slowly trying to see if she could find anything that was of interest to her. When nothing did Eden closed the book with a snap. It was of no use she would never be able to get any kind of studying done tonight. Looking around the room Eden noticed there was a few students in there also trying to study or just relaxing.

A girl sitting in a chair close to the fire was trying to practice a spell from the looks of it not managing it. "Hey you need to flick your wand just right as your saying the spell like this." Eden pulled out her wand and flicked her wand. "Protego." Eden said smartly and a shield came up around her. "See like that." Eden said kindly.

Willow tried the flicking wrist movement, and yet that seemingly easy shield of protection never formed from the end of her wand.

"Hey you need to flick your wand just right as your saying the spell like this."
She looked up and saw a girl, who seemed to be a lot older than her, waved her wand and casted the Protego spell.
Willow blinked as a shield enveloped the girl.

Wanting to try it out for her self, she stood up from her chair and waved her wand; "Protego" She saw a stream of magic forming out of her wand and saw her self inside a shield.

She looked at the girl; "T-t-thanks." She gave her a shy smile. She never had anyone older than a third year help her before.

Eden waved her hand at the girl. "Think nothing of it my dear. I remember when I was your age." Eden had a lot of trouble with charms when she first got to Hogwarts but after she had mastered the basics things got better for her. "So what is your name?" Eden for some reason interested in this girl and her story but she was not sure why. It had been a while since she had really cared about someone else's feeling or anything else like that. Eden unwrapped the snake from around her wrist and placed it on the floor so that he could look around.

Willow stared at the snake and smiled; "That's a cool pet" She gave a nervous laugh and looked at the girl; "I'm Willow Autumn...First year...obviously" She scratched her head embarrassingly. Usually she was more bold than this, but she didn't know what to say.

Eden smiled kindly at the girl. "Thank you Judas is one of a kind and I would be lost without him I fear." Eden had only had Judas for about a year but it seemed much longer than that. "It is nice to meet you Willow. My name is Eden I am a sixth year." It had seemed like just yesterday that Eden was a first year just getting sorted into her house and wondering what it meant to be a Slytherin.

Willow nodded, she couldn't help looking at the snake, he was - after all, quite beautiful.
"He's a beautiful snake" She couldn't help smiling, "I don't have a pet of my own yet, but maybe next year I'll have one." Willow smiled at Eden;

"Eden...That's a nice name, Nice to meet you" Willow smiled, she was definitely the oldest person she has met so far at Hogwarts; "I see your in Slytherin? Sounds like a cool house, mind you, I don't really judge people from what house they come from." Willow wondered, what would she be like if she was sorted into a different house, would she be treated any differently if she was in Hufflepuff or Ravenclaw?

Eden unwound Judas and walked over to Willow gently placing him on her lap. "He wont bite hes very gentle." Eden spoke softly so as not to spook the first year. "I didn't get my first pet until my third year but my sister took my cat so I got a couple of snakes instead. They are easier to care for."

Eden smiled softly as Willow commented about her name. "Thank you I like your name as well. I knew another Gryffindor who's name was also Willow had a nasty temper but I fixed that." Eden could still remember that fight between her and the girl. That Willow had been two years older than Eden. That had not mattered not only could Eden fight with magic but in a pinch she could go hand to hand and still come out on top.

"The house of Slytherin has a very interesting past as do all the other houses. I have a brother in Gryffindor and my sisters and I are in Slytherin thou I think my sister Lilith belongs in Hufflepuff with her scatter brain along other things." Eden loved Lilith to death but it seemed as she got older the more she acted like a muggle.

Willow watched Eden unwound Judas and placed the snake on her lap,
She hesitantly stroked him and found her way relaxing as she was no longer afraid.
A giant smile formed on her face; "I think I like snakes" She
continued to stroke the snake, she felt his scales glide softly over her hand, he wasn't slimy as
people suggest instead he felt velvety or as if he was made of soft leather.

Willow stifled a laugh; "I'm not nasty and I don't have a temper so you don't have to worry
about that"
She giggled and watched the snake move about on her lap, she was considering getting
one, even though snakes couldn't deliver mail, they could make good companions.

Willow listened as Eden was talking about Slytherin and her siblings;
"I was saying to someone the other day how the Sorting hat thinks it knows where
someone should be placed, but I think there are always people in some house that should be in another house,
but you can't really argue with the Sorting hat.

Eden was pleased that Judas was behaving his self. Most times he would just slither away from anyone that was not her. "Snakes make awesome pets. I like them so much better than other kinds of pets." Eden remembered when she had owned a cat sure he was nice but she loved her snakes so much more. "I have the two snakes but I would not mind owning more." Eden said as she lovingly stroked the top of Judas head.

"That is good, I have a half brother as well. Tohoru he is a Gryffindor as well and he a very rude person. Not to mention a heart breaker." Eden could not believe how rude some people could be. "Well no mind how do you like Hogwarts so far?" Eden always wondered how the younger students felt about the school.

Eden covered her mouth to stop herself from laughing. "As crazy as it sounds I think the Sorting Hat knows what it is doing. It had been doing it for years and years. It has a knack for placing people where they should be placed. It may not seem like it now but as the years go by the Sorting Hat has always been right with where it has placed someone." Eden said thoughtfully. When she was a first year she had thought the Sorting Hat was off its rocker but now that she was older she was seeing that Slytherin was in fact the house for her.

Willow nodded along, She decided she wanted a Snake for a pet and she was sure her family wouldn't mind. Making a mental note, she was going to write to Uncle James about it.
"I'm tossing up between an owl and a snake now" She couldn't help laughing, and continued stroking the snake.

"Hogwarts is pretty big, I get lost a couple of times but I think I know most of my way around now. I find the classes interesting enough, Potions and Defence against the Dark arts are my strongest points I think and Herbology is cool but Professor Styx kinda scares me" Willow could have rambled on forever but she didn't want the poor girl standing there listening to all the pros and cons of Hogwarts in the mind of a First year.

The Snake wiggled about on her lap and curled up; "Sleep?" Willow giggled and thought about what Eden was saying about the Sorting hat. What she said did make sense; "I guess it kinda predicts what everyone will grow up to be...well not career wise but you know, the type of person they'll become"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back