One step closer

Eden Silverback

OOC First Name
Eden
Wand
Rosewood Wand 14 1/4" Essence of Hair from the mane of a Unicorn
Eden entered the park and took a seat on a bench her mind was full of so many thoughts. She could not believe everything that had happened to her this past term. One of the few times in her life she needed someone to talk to. It was not like she could just talk about something like this with her mother. Realizing that it was very close to dark Eden pulled her cloak tighter around her but kept her hood down. Gently petting Judas, Eden looked up at the night sky wondering where her Selwin was and if he was okay.

Why am I here, again? Leah inwardly asked herself as she strolled casually across the green grass. She had taken up jogging everyday since Henry and her had split up. It was cheap therapy, and it worked to clear her mind of Henry Drake and every single one of the Silverbacks. She still worked at The Silver Snake, yet it's constant reminders of Henry made Leah sink into lengthy silences that hinted at deep thought and contemplation.

Regardless of her love for Henry, and the aching heart that accompanied it, she still found jogging to be worthwhile. Leah's meal skipping and lack of sleep combined with her daily exercises had done her body good. She felt exhausted, sickly even, but she could not deny that this was the best she had looked in years.

Leah stopped walking. The park looked beautiful, for it was another way to escape the reality of her life. But, this escape did not last long, for the familiar face of Eden Koshiba destroyed it. Not that Leah minded Eden, in fact the girl reminded her of herself when she was that young. Insolent, rude, prejudice, and definitely headed towards the dark side. She looked as depressed as Leah felt inside, so she stepped over to the girl, blocking the sunlight. "Fancy seeing you here. Sickle for your thoughts?"

Eden looked down at her engagement ring. She knew deep down that there was no way she would be able to hide this from Lolita. Her purity ring was with Selwin and she was going to have to reclaim that before she went to see her family before the holidays. Eden could not believe what she had done it was all just so unlike her.

Looking up as a shadow blocked her dying sun. Resting her green eye on the older girl Leah, Eden shook her head when she was asked the silly question her mother always asked when Eden was lost in thought. "I messed up Leah. I let myself fall for Selwin when he was just supposed to be just a play thing until Lolita told me who I was going to be marrying." Eden held up her left hand showing the ring. Each diamond seemed to shine more than the last.

"But thats not even the best part not only did I get engaged to him I also slept with him. My father is going to kill me and Selwin when he finds out. Eden could not believe how stupid she had been. It was going to cost money to make it seem like she was a virgin once more. Eden knew she could not marry Selwin she would have to marry who Lolita wanted her to marry so she would have to fix this mess before it got out of hand and ruined her whole life.

Leah could almost laugh. Or cry. Eden reminded her of herself more than she thought. They were both in the same boat... controlled by the Silverbacks, and unable to be with the ones they loved. She could be with Henry, yet he still didn't want to be with her. Leah felt awkward standing idly in front of the hunched over girl, so she stepped closer and took a seat by Eden, and gave her a slightly sympathetic look. For once she could relate to someone about a current problem she was facing, and despite the horrible feelings clashing inside of her heart, she felt somewhat relieved that she was not alone. "I know what you are going through."

Leah crossed her arms, the sinking sun had all but disappeared, and it was growing colder in Takarokaro Park. Leah looked at the ring upon Eden's tiny finger. It sparkled in the dying sun, the beauty of it made Leah reach out and take the girls hand. She inspected it, admiring the obvious love Selwin had put in picking it out. She wondered how he had proposed to her, and the thought made Leah jealous. If only Henry still wanted her... perhaps they would be running away together... far away from the Silverbacks. "Selwin is a courageous and valuable Death Eater. He will not be killed, I'm certain of it." She normally would not care about insolent Eden and cocky Selwin's endangered love life, but right now she was facing a similar problem, and her broken heart ached to reach out a save someone elses. "So, what will you do then?"

Eden felt like such a fool after losing Chase she had told herself over and over again to not get to close to someone and she had gone and done it. She had done more than just fallen in love she had slept with him. Eden was still very upset with herself what was supposed to be just a game to her had gone to far. Sure she had not said no she even begged him but she should have stopped herself yet she did not. Eden looked at Leah her eyes shinny with unshed tears. "How could you even begin to know what I am going through? I feel like I am cheating on Chase by being in love with Selwin. I feel like I am letting Lolita down by becoming so weak, and I am going to break Selwin's heart when Lolita tells me its time for me to marry the one she picks for me."

Eden looked at Leah as she sat down and sighed. As Leah took Eden's hand and looked at the ring Eden wanted to cry that much more. She felt like such a horrid person. As Leah praised Selwin, Eden could not help but shake her head. "My father and Lolita have decided on someone else. Someone with more money and more ties. Selwin is a wonderful man but they don't think he is good enough to marry me. If it was my younger sister Lilith he wanted they would be okay with it but because its me the Seer I am more special so they can fetch a higher price for me." Eden said bitterly. Looking back at Leah, Eden shook her head. "I will be with Selwin for as long as we can be together but when Lolita tells me who my worthy is I will have to break both mine and Selwin's hearts and leave him or I will die." No one knew that Eden had made an unbreakable vow to Lolita back when she was doing it she never thought that she would ever want something more than to be powerful.

"Strangely enough you're not the only on that has problems." Leah responded to Eden's cutting words. Of course she knew how the girl felt.... her heart felt broken, yet it was still getting kicked around by the Silverbacks and thoughts of Henry. "But, I understand how you are feeling. I'm going through something similar, but not nearly as complex as your situation." She didn't want to gush out her feelings to her competition, but at the same time she didn't want Eden to feel quite so alone. "I want to tell you that you and Selwin should run away, but that isn't likely to work. It didn't work for Alexander, and it will be fatal for you to try it." Her daydreams of running way with Henry were only crushed by that realistic thought.

"Selwin will understand. He knows his duty, and when you tell him yours, then that will be that." Leah couldn't see Selwin doing anything drastic, but at the same time love made you do crazy things. Leah disobeyed Lolita's commands to kill Henry, at the risk of her own life, and she knew that Eden and Selwin were capable of anything. The situation was horrible for the young girl. Leah felt somewhat bad for her, and perhaps it was the broken and lovelorn heart that forced her to say the next words. "If I can help you, let me know."

Eden was surprised to hear that she was not in fact alone. How could cold and heartless Leah be having problems? It just didn't make sense. "Whats going on with you? Is it because of Henry?" Eden did not know to much about what was going on with them other than Tin had told her that Leah had been very naughty. Listening as Leah even mentioned running away Eden burst out into a cold laugh. "I would die where I stand for even thinking such a thought. Let me give you some advice. Don't let them mark you. Yea sure you can hide the L and make it look all pretty like I did with mine but if I had known than at 13 what I would have to give up now for the power I just don't know." Eden wanted power she wanted to be feared but when was enough, enough?

Eden shook her head sadly. "Selwin does not understand, my mother told him that he would have to let me go when the time came and he did not listen he asked me to marry him that night. He does not think like we do he thinks that love will win in the end. But you and I know different I loved Chase and he loved me but that didn't save him and it wont save you or I from the path we chose." Eden could not believe that at 17 she was this close to having everything she had ever dreamed about and it all meant nothing to her now. "Thanks Leah that means a lot but in less you can turn back time and stop Chase from going after that half breed professor than there is really nothing you can do." Eden still was going to get that women for what she had done to her. It would have to wait until she left Hogwarts but once she had things would be very different.

Leah didn't want to answer Eden's question but it was weighing so heavily on her shoulders that even the younger girl's listening ear was a tempting thought. "Yes, it is. I'm sure you understand how the Silverbacks can control and ruin certain parts of your life." The young woman's voice was calm, but inwardly she felt much spite that it was difficult to keep it from seeping into her tone. "You know I will not tell anyone what you have told me today." Unless of course Eden betrayed her. Nothing would stop her from letting the girls secrets spill out from her lips into Lolita's ear. "I'm afraid it is too late for me to back out of that."

Leah was too involved to get out alive. If she attempted to leave Lolita's employment, she would not be alive for long. The moment she had her little conversation with Lolita it had changed everything. Every aspect of her life would be controlled and it would be for the rest of her short days. "You are strong. You have to be strong enough to survive as long as you have. Whatever happens, you'll get out of it just fine... and perhaps better for it." One thought was that Lolita would not live forever. She was getting up there in age, and soon she would be dead. Leah didn't dare voice this aloud however, even she didn't trust Eden with that thought.

"Eventually there will be something we can do. You just need to wait and see. Bide your time." Even if she absolutely had to marry the man her parents chose for her, Eden could still pursue extra marital activities. This, she would advise. "If you must marry someone you don't care for, wouldn't it be possible to seek out Selwin despite that?"

Eden knew Leah was holding something back. It didn't make sense. If anyone could be trusted with secrets it was Eden she enjoyed knowing things that people would kill for. Eden knew secrets that she would use against some people one day but with Leah it was different, Eden knew that she would always have a use for her so Eden would do nothing to cause Leah to work against her. "I am seeing just how much they can in fact control you. They should be careful thou if Lolita reaches to high she could end up getting burned." Eden was glad to hear that Leah was keep her secrets. "I will always do that for you. Being a Seer is knowing when to tell what you have seen and when not to tell. You will never have to worry about be betraying you." Eden shook her head it was sad that Leah was to far in to back away now. But at the same time it would mean that Leah would always have the power of the Silverbacks and Koshiba once Eden was in charge behind her.

Eden knew what Leah was going through. Eden was sure that she had not made an unbreakable vow but Lolita was harsh women and she ran her people with an iron fist. Eden had respect for her, Within the next few years Eden would be forcing her father out of his position as head of the family and she would be taking it. "I know I am strong most people who come into there Seer powers at a young age go crazy. So far Zuka and I have been able to keep it under control, but must go insane and have to be locked away from everyone." Eden had heard horror stories and she knew that she would never go down like that.

Eden nodded her head. "I just hope whoever Lolita picks for me they are at least good looking but it wont matter once Chase is freed from Azkaban I will be with him and if this guy tries to stand in my way I will end him." Eden refused to give up on her first love and she would be by his side the very moment he was free. "Selwin would never do that. He has never cheated and he would never be okay with me being someone else's wife and being with him. No matter what we both felt for one another." Eden loved that about him but the thought of losing him was so very sad but she knew that she would have to accept it sooner or later.

Leah nodded. Eden was young and she was learning that harsh truth within her early years. It was saddening that the young girls life would be completely controlled by Lolita, and then in turn by Luthor. Would they ever be in control of their own lives? Or would the Silverbacks have them under their grasp indefinitely? "It is tiresome, but we have no choice but to ride it out." She had come to that realization shortly before Henry had been put through his test. "Or they'll kill us. Not much option." Sometimes death was a welcome solution to this kind of difficult problem, but she could not die. Leah still held out hope for salvation from the Silverbacks. She still hoped that Henry would take her back, and love her like she...loved him.

"Thank you." Leah did trust Eden somewhat. Not completely, but the girls words rang the truth, and she couldn't help but not doubt them. Of course she would not spill her secrets so easily, but they did hold a common bond. That bond was unbreakable until the day came where Lolita decided who would take her place. She only did what Lolita told her to do, just so she could take her place. She needed to be in control. Eden wouldn't be able to handle it. Already she was distressed about losing her lover and marrying someone she didn't know. How could she be expected to force others to do the same?

Leah was upset about Henry, but soon it would fade. Already she was keeping it under, and soon Henry would hopefully be a distant memory. "Does it matter if they are good looking?" If Leah were forced to marry someone she didn't know, then it wouldn't matter if they were handsome. The distaste of sleeping with them would be the same for someone ugly or handsome. "So, I take it you are also stuck between Chase and and Selwin?"

Eden petted Judas he was a nice pet to have she could talk to him and he would talk back to her. At times when it felt like no one understood her she could go to him and he would answer. Eden wondered what her father was up to she knew that she needed to go and visit with him but she just could not talk herself into doing it. "It will not be so stressful for me soon enough. Once I have left Hogwarts I can do go and travel for a while and make connections for Lolita before coming back to work in the ministry and apply to join a select group of people." Eden was starting to count down the days she had dreamed of becoming a death eater for years and now she was close to that dream.

Eden nodded her head. She knew that Leah was going to try to stanch power from her and Lolita. Eden would sit back and watch. She had learned from a young age that those who reached to higher than there station in life always failed. Reaching into the pocket of her robes and pulling out a bag of jelly slugs Eden ate a few. No matter where she was Eden always carried the candy with her. It was her favorite thing in the world and she had not run into to many people that didn't like them

"Yes it does matter. I am a Koshiba so I have to think about things like that. If they are not good looking than I can not have a child with them. Power is not everything." Eden could not believe that Leah would ask a question such as that. Eden shook her head hard when Leah asked if she was stuck between Chase and Selwin. "No there has never been anyone for me but Chase. Selwin is for now. He is pureblood, rich and good looking, but I don't love him like I love Chase. If Selwin was to go to trail I would go but I would not speak out as I did for Chase. In my eyes there will never be anyone good enough for me but him. I am sure you know the feeling." Eden could tell Leah was just as crazy for Henry as Eden for Chase.

Leah stared at Eden's little pet. She had always liked snakes. Maybe it was because of her Slytherin roots, but snakes were always her favorite animal. "His name is Judas, correct?" It was not the first time she had seen him. "What will you be applying for in the Ministry?" She had considered joining the Ministry and infiltrating them from the inside, but it was not exactly possible since she quit Hogwarts in her Sixth Year. It was one of the mistakes she regretted the most. In that particular department, she was completely useless. "I do have a question for you. Will you become a Death Eater after graduating?"

She watched Eden eat a few treats. Her slightly growling stomach reminded her of the lack of food she had gone without for a few days. "May I have one?" She requested politely. Jelly Slugs were always especially delicious, second only to Sugar Quills. Sugar Quills would always be her number one choice. Just the thought of that spectacular treat was nearly enough to make her apparate to Honey Dukes.

"Either way, I would not be happy." That was Leah's opinion. She couldn't be pleased with anyone but Henry, and another contender, whether they be good looking or not, wouldn't stanch the pain she felt. "But, I do understand." She felt sympathy for the young witch, but there wasn't anything she could do to solve the problem at hand. "And regarding Chase and Selwin... I really do understand. A fleeting and temporary distraction can be somewhat like therapy."

Eden looked down at Judas and grinned. "Yep thats his name. Tricky little bugger he is." Eden said looking at her pet. Eden gently petted his head. He was faithful to no one but her. She knew when it came down to it he would kill for her. "I am going to become an Unspeakable." Eden said simply. She knew Leah had not finished school but she wondered if she could maybe help Leah finish what she had started. "Have you ever tried to see if maybe you could study very hard and take your NEWT's?" Eden asked as she petted Judas a bit more.

Eden looked at Leah for a moment before realizing what she had said. "O yea sure." Eden said as she handed the bag to Leah. Eden had a lot of things on her mind. Eden knew that she could not stay with Selwin and the longer she tried to keep it all together the more she failed.

Eden nodded her head. "I want power and I wont be happy until I have that." Eden said simply. Looking at Leah for a long moment Eden shook her head. "Are you in love with Henry?" Eden asked as she thought about her own guys. "I wonder if Chase would make a good lover." Eden wondered out loud.

"Yes, I can believe it." It would be surprising if Judas did not take after his owner. Trickiness seemed to be a key quality with the Silverbacks and anyone associated with them. "That's a wise choice." Leah murmured. Becoming an Unspeakable would be crucial to the cause. She wasn't exactly sure what she would do inside of the Ministry, but taking the NEWTS was something she had considered for a while. "I have thought of that, but I was not sure if it was possible." She still cursed her younger self for not taking the NEWTS when she had the chance.

Leah handed back the bag of candy, having decided to only eat a few pieces. "Thanks."

She understood what Eden meant. Having all the power was a common goal for both of them. She knew who the people were that stood in her way, and soon they would all be brought crashing down. But, Eden's question did catch her off guard. Leah met eyes with her competition. "I am. But, I've been in love before. One day, it will fade away into nothing, and all that will be left is a distant memory." It was true for Link. His face hadn't appeared in her mind for quite sometime. In truth, he was nearly erased from her life completely. "As for Chase.... I am not sure. Nor, am I concerned with that thought. He is like a brother to me."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back