Blood Status
Pure Blood
Relationship Status
Single
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Ash Wand, 14 1/4", Essence of Hair from the Tail of a Male Unicorn
Isabella was tired of sulking around in her dorm room because it made her feel depressed, therefore she couldn't think of any ideas for her next fashion meeting, so she decided to visit one of her favorite places in the castle. She put on a simple black outfit and made her way down to the lakefront with her notebook in hand. She sighed softly since she remembered the last time she was here with Aiden and they had been talking about the rumors of mermaids. She sat down on a nearby rock very close to the edge and took off her shoes and knee high tights so she could stick her feet in the cold water. She splashed the water softly as she jotted down some ideas.

[I included the picture so you could see the necklace :p ]

(( Very nice ^_^ ))

Storm was swimming around in his usual spot, collecting coloured shells or shiny objects. It was getting colder in the water but Storm couldn't feel it.

There was a noise coming from the surface and Storm looking up to see someone splashing the water. A human. He thought, Happily swimming up towards the top so he could see the person better, It was a girl, a bit older than most of the students who visited him. Storm decided to greet the girl and hope she was one of the nice ones. "Hello human." He said in his musical voice, The sound travelling out of the water, If he himself was out of the water all she would be able to hear was a high pitched screeching, So he had to remain under, but still visible.

Isabella was looking down at her notebook, finally able to write something, when suddenly she heard a musical voice, nothing like she'd ever heard before in her life. She looked around for the source to the voice but couldn't see anyone and when she looked down at her notebook again, she saw a mermaid in the lake near her. Instinctively, she gasped and pulled her feet from out of the water in fear. So they are real! she thought about both the rumors and the mermaids themselves. She stared at it with curiosity for a while when she realized she hadn't returned the greeting. "Hi," she said a little nervously, wondering if it could hear her as well as she had heard him.

"Wow, You seem..What's that word again..nervous." Storm said, smiling at her so she could see his shiny white teeth. "Haven't you seen a Merman before?" He asked, stressing the word Merman, So she would know he was a guy, Some students didn't, a bit foolish.

Isabella smiled a little for the first time since Halloween. "Well I can't say I've ever met a merman before," she repled softly when he noticed she seemed nervous, making sure she said the word 'merman' to show him that she understood. She looked at him through the water and noticed he was indeed a male. "Why haven't I ever seen merpeople before?" she asked aloud. "I went swimming in the lake last year," she added to show that she'd been in the lake before.

"Maybe because some of us keep to ourselves." Storm said, fumbling with his necklace and letting his hair float around in the water. "Though I didn't know you were in here before, I didn't hear you, Sometimes I go out further from the lake."

Isabella nodded her head as she listened to his musical voice. "We didn't go very far in," she said recalling the event at the beginning of the year. She watched him in the water and asked, "Can you get out of the water?" She bit her lip, wondering if that question was too forward and personal in some way.

"Yes I can, I like sitting on rocks in the warm sun, But if I try to speak out of the water, It comes out as screeching, Want to hear it?" Storm asked, grinning mischeivously at the girl.

Isabella giggled lightly, feeling naive and carefree around this merman. He wasn't a student or an authoritative figure so she liked that she didn't have to act so poised and perfect. She let her feet sink back into the water and splashed around a bit again. "Sure," she replied with a small grin at his question, having no idea just what she was bound to hear.

"All right then." Storm said, going down deeper under the water and then turning back around. He used his tail to propel himself up and shot straight out of the water.

SCREEEE!!!!!!!

The deafening sound rang out through the lake, The high pitched screeching of a merman trying to speak out of water was a horrible sound to all those who would hear it.

Storm closed his mouth as he fall back into the water with a splash before swimming back towards the surface, still remaining just under it. "Pretty bad huh?"

Isabella watched with interest as he prepared to get out of the water. As soon as he was outside, her eyes widened in amazement. However her amazement was soon wiped off her face as a horrible screeching noise came from out of his mouth. She dropped her pen in the water as she covered her ears to block out the noise.

Once he was back in the water and he said pretty bad she giggled a little. "I think 'pretty bad' would be an understatement Mister," she said with a small smirk on her face.

"I think so too." Storm said with a smile, then noticed the pen. "Oo, What's that?" He asked, swimming down and grabbing it.

"My pen!" Isabella exclaimed softly when he reached down and grabbed it. She hadn't realized it'd fallen into the lake until now. She frowned and said, "Well it's useless to me now that it's wet. You can have it." She smiled a little when he seemed interested in it. She closed up her notebook since she was no longer able to write anything and looked back at the merman. "So do you have a name?" she asked curiously.

"Really? Thanks!" Storm said, clutching the pen happily. "Yes, Of course I have a name, It's Storm, What about you, do YOU have a name?" Storm asked with a chuckle.

Isabella giggled lightly at his enthusiasm. "Yes of course I have a name Storm. I'm Isabella," she said with a friendly smile as she introduced herself. This was the first time she had smiled without forcing it.

"I like your name, What house are you in?" Storm wondered, She seemed nice, maybe a Ravenclaw or a Hufflepuff. Or even a Gryffindor. He knew about the houses from students.

"Thank you," she said with a cheerful grin, the first compliment she had received in a week. "I like yours too, it's very fitting, for a merman and all," she added with a playful smirk. "I'm in Slytherin," she said with a hint of pride in her voice. Normally her voice would be dripping with pride and coldness if she were talking to other students, but she felt that with Storm it didn't really matter about keeping up her 'Queen B' role.

"Really? That's cool, You don't bully other poor students do you?" Storm said, giving her a warm, friendly smile.

Bella smirked at his question and said, "Not more so than usual," with an innocent grin on her face. In truth she hadn't really bullied that many students because she wanted to be chosen as Prefect even though she so badly wished to punch a few people in the face. She had recently heard that Prefects weren't chosen until a few more years though so she said, "I've been civil this whole year, but I can't make any promises."

Storm's smile widened and then he held up the pen. "And what does this do?" He asked, It was a very strange, yet cool thing.

Isabella laughed a little at his interest in the pen. It lets you write things down on paper," she explained. I'd let you try on my notebook, but I think you'll get the notebook wet and then you wouldn't be able to try it," Bella said a little apologetically.

"I wouldn't be able to write in english anyway" Storm explained. He was only able to write in Mermish anyway, That w as the only language he spoke, But people could hear it translated if he was speaking underwater.

"Merpeople have their own way of writing too?" Isabella asked astonished. "Wow, that's interesting," she commented quietly with a small smile. "Take your hand out of the water and let it dry," she suggested. "I'd like to see how you write." She got up and walked around the place for a bit in search of something. Finally she found a large rock and dragged it over by the edge of the lake. "Here, rest your hand on there so it can dry, then you can write on the paper without getting it wet!" she explained, hoping that the rock was close enough to the water so that he could still speak underwater.

Storm raised his hand slowly out of the water and it instantly dried, Then, He placed the pen down on the paper and began to write in strange symbols. After a few moments of writing he stopped. "There." He said, pointing to the writing. "That just says 'I am Storm', couldn't think of what to write really"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back