Old Room, Old Friends.

Liam Kale

OOC First Name
Maia
Wand
Holly/Ebony Wand 12 1/2 Essence of Griffin Feather
Liam was wandering around the school, as usual. Mother and Father hadn't been happy with his grades, so he'd spent his Summer studying, with barely and time to go outside. Cat had gotten so big. It was scary thinking he was missing so much. He'd decided to write to her more often, he'd sent a letter that morning in fact. Then he'd gone exploring. He'd avoided the Forest-for the most part, because he didn't want to get detention again, or Father would murder him. Gran had enjoyed his story about meeting the centaurs. She'd laughed out loud as he'd told her about talking to the Professor's. He didn't understand why. He'd told them the truth. His mother had asked him to look out for Isla while he was here. He'd seen her at the Sorting Ceremony, but he hadn't gotten the chance to speak to her. He'd known her since they were kids, and he hoped she liked Hogwarts.

So, walking around the castle, he'd discovered the trophy room. Strangely, he hadn't been here before. He strolled around the room, peering in at all the cabinets. He came to a stop at the pictures of all the Headmaster's, and mistresses. He couldn't imagine having all that responsibility, but then again-it had been their choice. He couldn't imagine being able to choose. Ever since he was a child, he'd known that when he grew up, he'd take over as Baron in Dornoch. He'd marry someone, and have children to ensure the line, he'd look after the horses, and the finances. He'dHe quickly wiped his name off have an utterly boring life, and he had no choice in it. Still, it was very far away. He had plenty of time to live before he had to settle down, anyway. He would have maybe ten years, possibly more after school to explore the world. the castle was far from his mind.

He wrote his name on the glass of the cabinet. Liam T. Kale. What were they doing at home? It was early, so Cat would still be asleep, Mother would be making breakfast, and Father would already be out with the horses. Gran was probably helping Mother. If he'd been there, he'd be cleaning out Obi Wan's stall, and feeding him, and then he'd feed Rhona. Still, he had Yoda. Though, at the moment he was carrying a letter to Mother and Father. Along with several badly-drawn pictures for Cat. She still sent him pictures, they hung all around his four poster bed in the dormitory.

Now that Isla have spotted her private room to write her muggle school work and writing letters to her parents, she was now often to be seen in it, the trophy room and today, Isla is now going there to finish her Wizarding school work. In her arms is a cushion and her bag on her other shoulder, Isla was skipping rather than walking to get at the trophy room, once she was at the door, her soft hands touched the door knob and opened it slowly then made her way inside just to see that someone was already there, Isla can tell that it was a guy and he was looking at the trophy's. Well, duh. That's why it's called the trophy room Isla thought stupidly at herself.

"Hello?" She asked the guy rather than great him, Isla was thinking that the guy might not have heard him went inside. She doesn't want to startled him and yelled at her, looks cute at the back though Isla teased herself and smiled at the thought. "Do you mind if I'm here or do you want to be alone with your own drama? no offense though." Isla said, she intended not to be rude but she thought she can have the room by herself but then again, it is public property and everyone can go in and out of the place.

Liam was staring at the portrait of the last headmaster when he heard the voice. The man looked quite stern, and foreboding. He hadn't known him. Perhaps Minoas had? Though he doubted the older student would want to see him again after the problems he'd caused for him in First Year. He jumped as he heard a voice, a girl, and whirled around. It was Isla. "Isla! How are you? I dinnae hear you come in!" he grinned, walking over to the girl. He hadn't seen her in an age. "You're a Raven aren't you? I saw you at the Sorting." he smiled. She looked older since the last time he'd seen her.

"Och no, I dinnae mind. I don't have any drama. I am to keep my nose clean this year, and stuck to the grindstone according to Father." he replied. He sat down on the ground, and looked up at her flicking his hair out of the way of his eyes. "So, how do you like Hogwarts?" he asked, then noticing the bag on her shoulder, he stopped a moment. She must be coming here to do work. "Oh. You're working-should I go?" he asked, hoping she'd say no. It was nice to see someone from home around the castle.

Her mouth fell open as she saw who the person was, it was her friend back in Scotland, Isla frowned, she thought that Liam was in a boarding school somewhere in London that's why she doesn't see him anymore but she didn't know that that boarding school is Hogwarts New Zealand. But why so far Isla thought to herself, she then smiled and said, "Aye, Ravenclaw and I dunno why I even landed in that house, some say I don't belong there might as well be a Gryffindor." Her accent was strong whenever speaking with another Scottish person, it was like her habit and thinks its customary to do so.

Isla giggled as Liam told her that she's going to be behaving this year, her friend might have done something bad last year in this school and got to his father's bad side on that matter. "I dinna know that your school is here, I was thinking a much more normal school. You left and you dinna told me." Her arms were crossed as she said that but her eyes were glimmering in excitement, now that her friend is with her and she knew he is going to stay. Liam is a year older than Isla; handsome, smart and like her, he is adventurous as well and she could see why he got to his current house, Gryffindor.

Liam asked her then how she likes Hogwarts, Isla noticed that she sigh and slowly pursed her lips. How can she tell him that she doesn't like it here without hurting his feelings? The Gryffindor seems to like it here because Liam is one of them, unlike her, she is a muggleborn, born without magic in their blood. Her eyes were looking at the ground but slowly looked up to him. "To be 'onest with you, I don like it 'ere." Isla explained but her eyes widen as LIam noticed her book bag that has her muggle school work paper, "Aye, but you don' need to go, it's just my school work in the muggle world." She hurriedly explained.

She doesn't want her friend to leave, this is the first time they met again and in the weirdest place ever as well. "Can you fill me up of what happened to you on your first day here?" She asked him, taking out her accent and switching to her American accent. Her mom had teach her how to do it. Isla then placed her bag in the corner where she usually sit and went closer to Liam where he stood.

Liam grinned at the expression on Isla's face. He couldn't help laughing; "Close yer mouth, or you'll catch flies!" he joked, tapping her chin. He'd known she'd be surprised to see him. She was a muggleborn, so he'd always had to keep it a secret from her, and from all the other muggles he knew. "Well. you're smart, though it's not all about being smart. Ravenclaw's are known for their creativity and stuff." he replied. "I wish you were in Gryffindor. That'd be really cool!" he added, running a hand through his hair. He liked his hair. His Father had finally convinced him to cut it, he hadn't wanted to, but he agreed because they were already angry enough with him.

Liam bit his lip as Isla spoke about his leaving. He scratched his head, trying to figure out what to say; "Well, ye see. This is normal school for me. My family are all wizards. I couldnae tell you, because yer a muggleborn. I dinnae know you'd have magic in ye." he explained, shrugging his shoulders. "I'm sorry I dinnae tell you, but I had to keep Hogwarts a secret." He'd felt quite bad about that though; "C'mon now, dinnae be angry!" he grinned, putting an arm around her shoulders. "We're gonna have adventures! I already had one last year, I went into the forest and met two centaurs!" he grinned, letting her go.

He frowned as she explained how she felt. "Are you homesick? Mother said she was like tha' when she moved to Scotland. She was forever thinkin' about New Zealand." he offered. "It's seven years, but it'll fly past, and I'll be here, so you won't be alone." he smiled. He couldn't fully understand how she felt. He loved Hogwarts. He frowned again as she told him not to go. "You're still doin' work from the Muggle world?" he asked, completely confused. She was in magical school now, why was she doing muggle work?

He laughed as she switched accents; "It always confuses me when you do that!" he exclaimed, unsure of what to say. "Well, my first day was quite uneventful. The Sorting Hat told me that I would find borin' people in every House, because I asked him to put me where there'd be no borin' people." he explained; "I met a boy who liked Star Wars too! what are the odds in a wizarding school?" he laughed. "Look Iz, I know it's hard to get used to, you dinnae know what magic was before now, but you'll come to like it here. It's just another adventure!" he grinned, sitting down beside a cabinet.

The Ravenclaw sigh as Liam explained how it's suppose to be a secret and whatever, she wasn't angry at her nor she was angry at herself but Liam was dear friend of her's and she tends to get worried whenever Isla never heard from them after they left her. "I'm not angry but you could have mail me some how and tell me you're okay." Her accent gone and her American accent stayed, full of sadness, Isla's smile faded but she smiled slightly as Liam told her about his adventure at the forbidden forest.

Liam might have noticed her face and frowned, her asked if Isla is homesick, the girl shook her head, she was actually fine but seeing her friend over here is kind of awkward for her. "I'm just lonely." She lied, she wasn't lonely, she had met friends and some are now her good friends. "Yeah, seven years, how about our age gap? of course you will graduate first and I will stay behind and remember, I'm not good at this, I might get held by a year." Isla said, she noticed there was hostile in it but she pursed her lips so suddenly, she bit it and she could taste blood over it.

The world around her now is new but it seems the curriculum of this school is no different than a muggle school. Isla was surprised on Liam's next question, Well, duh! I'm muggleborn she thought sarcastically. "Yeah, my parents enrolled me as an online student. They still prefer the muggle education rather than Wizarding. Dad said I still need the normal paycheck." She explained. Her smile went back to her lips and became a laugh, "The sorting hat seems to be always right and oh, so you two talked a lot, I bet?" She ask as Isla winked playfully at Liam, of course she was just joking.

She knows Liam from head to toe and inside and out but the last words or sentence he had said touched her deep down. Adventure, it seems the word that she missed Liam saying. The two are odd balls, always getting into trouble but heck, they were kids by then and to her, they're still kids. Isla hugged him so tightly over joy, "I missed you." Isla whispered to his ear, she didn't mind tippy toeing, Isla was a ballerina as well and tippy toeing for a few minutes is one of her advantages. She discarded from the hug and asked, "Any girl friend yet? and don't tell me you don't have because girls back home likes you even old ladies loves and likes you." She laughed.

Isla had liked Liam but it was just a plain crush but that didn't stop her from being friends with him. Isla then bit her lips, her foot are killing her from standing. "Could we take a seat some where?" Isla asked Liam, chuckling nervously or maybe in pain as well because she was wearing her winter boots with two inches heel in it.

Liam grinned widely as she said she wasn't angry, but nudged her in the ribs; "It's great to see someone from home, how is everyone? Do you know how my rugby team's going? Have they found a new flanker?" he asked, looking into her eyes, he really missed rugby. "I miss Obi-Wan and Rhoda so much, but I suppose, I still have Yoda with me." he smiled, Obi-Wan was his horse, and Rhoda, his sheltie. "I dinnae send you a message, because here, the only way to send a letter is by owl, and I thought you'd be pretty startled if an owl arrived at your house." he smiled, placing a hand on her shoulder.

Liam laughed, and pulled her into a hug. "Isla, if I'm able to do this, you'll be able to do this." he grinned. "Don't be upset. By Sixth Year, you will be used to it, and I'll write to you all the time." he stepped back, and smiled at her. "Iz, you've nothing to be worried about. You will not be held back, and you'll do absolutely-blooming brilliantly." he grinned. "It is a bit hard to get used to, especially as a muggleborn, and there are some people who won't be nice to yeh, but the majority are lovely. Anyway, if you're worried about the work-you're a 'claw, they're the smartest people in the school. Someone will help you, I'll help if I can, but I'm not very good."

Liam frowned; "The normal paycheck? Iz-there are wizarding jobs y'know. You do get paid for them. I'd love to be an auror, or work with magical creatures, but..I'm gonna have to take over as Baron." he added. He laughed aloud at her suggestion about the sorting hat. "He said a few sentences. I was acting like a fool anyway." he grinned, suddenly curious, he asked; "Did he say much to you?" He wasn't surprised that Isla was in Ravenclaw, she was extermely intelligent.

Liam hugged her back tightly, smiling as she whispered to him. "Missed you too Iz." he smiled, laughing at how small she was. "Isla, you're tiny!" He'd grown even more over the past year. He grinned as she asked about girls, and raised a hand to scratch the back of his head. "Um, no..I got into big trouble last year, I wasn't allowed go outside, so...I didn't really make too many friends." he admitted. "So no girls, no." he finished, he could feel a blush in his cheeks. As Isla asked t sit, he walked over to one of the smaller cabinets, and pulled Isla along with him, he lifted her up, to sit on the cabinet, and then sat up beside her. "Better?" he laughed. "I'm so glad to be here, when I was younger, Mother used to keep me in my bedroom while the servants were there, in case I showed signs of magic. Now that I can control it, I'm free." he smiled, he just wanted Isla to feel better about Hogwarts.

OOCOut of Character:
Sorry for lateness, and the slight godmod. I'll edit if you want.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back