Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Single
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Curly 11 1/2 Inch Swishy Pear Wand with Boomslang Venom Core
Wyatt had some time to kill while he waited for his potions to be ready for pick-up as the dosage had to be appropriately bottled so it was lucky that he'd brought his skateboard and that most people rarely visited this corridor unless it was for Charms but classes had not yet begun and so he felt that he was safe from trouble as he put it onto the floor and kicked off. He wasn't going to attempt to do any tricks but he was still enjoying going back and forth along the corridor with increasing speeds. If it weren't for the winter air he might even decide to bring this outside but instead he was glad to sneakily do this inside.

Frankie made her way down the fairly unassuming corridor, already back at school and keen to reacquaint herself with the atmosphere of its walls. She was trying to figure out what the smell of the castle was - her general terribleness at describing anything with words beyond 'awesome' had let her down greatly in trying to describe the school to her mother during the holidays, and she was ready to spend all year crafting the most Shakespearean, the most... she couldn't think of any other famous writers but it was going to be the best writing Frankie had ever done ever. That's why she figured it would take her an entire year.

The tell-tale scrape of skateboard wheels brought all of those thoughts to a complete halt. Frankie still hadn't been allowed to bring hers to school, and she was forever trying to skive a ride off one of her roommates that had one when her need for speed got too low. She didn't like to bother the girl too much though, and was glad she at least had a broom now to use as an outlet, even if she didn't make it on the team. But a skateboard - it was far more permanent a fixture in Frankie's life than a broom could ever be, and she looked eagerly for the source of the noise. "Dude!" she called, seeing an older boy speeding towards her. "Are you for real, where have you been hiding this?" Frankie felt like if there was another skateboarder in the school, she should have definitely known about it earlier.

Wyatt had not expected to have someone call out to him so he came to a halt and turned towards a younger girl, a curious grin finding it's way onto his face as she spoke. Not only was her accent so familiar he could practically feel like he was back in L.A. but she seemed pleased to find someone skateboarding - something that he had learned many wizards thought was a folly or something only strange muggles did. "In my dorm," he chuckled as he tapped his foot on the skateboard. "You know how to skate?" he asked for confirmation but he suspected that someone as excited by this would know how to. Looking down at the girl made the boy smile and wish that his sister would be this cool instead of weird like she was. He then stepped on the curved end of the board so he wouldn't have to bend over to pick it up to offer the girl a ride on it as she seemed so eager but he waited to find out first - maybe she was just a particular fan of muggle culture and didn't actually know how to do it. Wyatt wanted to help heal people - not send them into the Hospital Wing himself.

Frankie eyed the skateboard excitedly before looking up into the older boy's face. "Yeah dude, I've been skating for years. Wasn't that great at the start," she shrugged, "but who is? Still might not be." She offered a grin along with this information, having noticed something else as he'd answered her. "Please tell me I'm right about thinking you're from L.A. - I was there all summer, you're going to kill me if I've got this wrong." Frankie had been in the thick of the coastal beach scene for pretty much her entire vacation, and was almost feeling like she was back there now that she had heard the guy's accent. She was still fresh from missing the time she'd been able to share with her friends over the holidays, but now with a skateboard and a fellow Californian right in front of her it didn't all seem quite so far away. With one hand still dug in her jacket pocket she reached the other out in a sort of placating motion, ready to show that she was cool with a negative response to her next question. "So, totally feel free to say no to this but, can I borrow your board for a bit? Like, just skate up and down here, I won't go anywhere, promise." Frankie grinned reassuringly. "I'd owe you one, for sure."

The Beater smiled appreciatively at the girl's honesty but felt it was unnecessary to comment on because he had asked only just out of insurance that she wouldn't crack her skull open. "Uh huh," Wyatt confirmed with a grin - this girl was something else. "You are too?" he asked although he really didn't have to because he could hear it from the way she spoke that she was at the very least from California. He wondered what she was doing so far away - probably just as she would wonder too. Wyatt had been ready to offer the board to the young girl when she asked him and the fondness for the girl he had was growing because he appreciated that she was going to ask for what she wanted - he wished he had that ability because half the time he didn't. "Yeah go for it, kid," he told the girl and offered her his board. He hoped that she would enjoy herself as he stepped to the side and leaned against the wall so he could watch her. The boy wondered if there were many other people at Hogwarts who skateboarded because it seemed, from her reaction, that maybe it wasn't as common as he thought it was. Considering how many muggle New Zealanders skated he would've thought that the wizards would do it too but perhaps the next step from that was flying while one stood on their broom. That would be cool, Wyatt decided as he imagined how much more intense a game of Quidditch would be played like that.

Frankie gave an exaggerated bob of her head in response to the older boy's question. "Yup. Manhattan Beach." There were a few Americans around the school, she'd found, but being an American wasn't anywhere near as much of a bonding experience as finding someone from her own - admittedly mammoth - hometown. Grinning as the guy offered her the board, Frankie took it from him without a hint of hesitation and immediately dropped it on the ground in front of her in the familiar motion. "Yes, thanks!" Jumping onto it, the force pushed the board forward slightly and she rode it out before putting a foot out to kick her onwards. "I'm Frankie, by the way," she called back over her shoulder as she travelled further down the corridor. She tried a small wheelie for a while, but abandoned it to coast to the end of the corridor and do a kickturn to come back. "So," she began as she got nearer the older guy again, "are there any other skateboarders or L.A. peeps in this school I should know about? You can't be the only cool person here I haven't met before."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back