Oh bother!

Zazuka Getathorn

OOC First Name
Ana V [main]
Wand
Black Walnut/ Maple Wand 12 3/4" Essence of Silver Thistle
Zazuka come back from the Great Hall with a copy of the GOSSIP magezen in her hand and a frown that didn't look quite right on her face. How could the person stoop so low as to say that Andy was flinting around? They didn't even know her! Zazuka was as close to angry as she was going to get. She felt like she needed to warn her best friend for the weeks ahead. Like spring rain things like this often didn't last long but for the time that they did they could be pretty devetating.

Zazuka told the portet that lead to Griffendor tower that she needed to talk to Andy desprately and if she could please find her then waited. Zazuka mind wondered over to the other thing that had happened. Zazuka had told something awlful to Isabella, she just knew it. Of course Zazuka had said that she was sorry but after it happened the question would be if Isabella believed her and forgave her. Everything was just going wrong today.

Andy left the window seat at the far end of the seventh floor corridor to start heading back to her house. She had been mulling over everything the magazine had said about her and didn't know how to react to it, she wished it were true that Bruin had feelings for her and was simply in denial but she knew better. How they managed to get the information they did was simply beyond her though. As she neared her house she saw a familiar figure pacing back and forth. Now why in the world was Zuka up here?

"Zuka is everything alright?" she asked as she came nearer, the magazine could go to hell if Zuka was worried or upset about something, "Are you ok? You look stressed out".

Zauzka bit her lip and held out the mag to her."Have you read it? The person who wrote this is making you look like a Working Girl!" She said her eyes full of dispare. Never mind that she may have predicted something awlfl for the young Slytherin. It was Zazuka problem after all. "I know that everything in here is not true but still not everyone is as smart as they should be." She said shaking her head. It had only gone after her once but Zazuka had a hard outer shell beaten into her by her father. Andy on the other hand was still effected by this kind of thing. Why couldn't Wizarding teenagers be more reasonable than Muggle ones?

Andromeda looked at the magazine in Zuka's hand and then hugged her friend before stepping back and taking another copy out of the bag that was slung over her shoulder.
"I saw it first thing this morning and I'm ok. Really, felt like crap to start with but it's not all lies. I mean I did duel Bruin, he did give me a bear pendant. I am in denial. Raff did comfort me and I am going to the Yule Ball with Jaken, it's just the way they spun it is wrong. A working girl Z? what century are you living in?" she smiled at her friend and walked over to sit on the floor with her back against the wall.

"I didn't know it had been Cyndi that Bruin had asked. That did kind of hurt but she's amazing so I can't fault him. I can kick myself for not being what he wanted, when he wanted but I can't fault him for asking Cyndi. She's beautiful and smart and his equal in everything" her hand absentedly twirled the bear on its chain that hung around her wrist.

Zazuka smiled brightly while shaking her head. "This is getting rediculose really can't this person just lead thier own life." She said with a sigh. "I know and you know how you feel about Bruin and I know you wouldn't waver to Jaken however positive an aura he gives off." She said. She had felt the engery that was given off by Jaken Styx when he passed by her. She could tell that he was nothing like the Professor who's toxic aura made her head spin on the best of days.

Zazuka put the magezen away and sighed. "I live somewhere between the sixteenth and seventh century thank you vary much and prefur the turm working girl to what other people may call you after people's mouth's start working." She remembered a part of the articule and laughed. "What's funny it did say make a side remark about me being you best friend." She finished laughing agian. She still didn't like the magezen but there where some points of the magezen that where funny.

Andy laughed "I think it was more along the lines that some day my reputation could be as good as yours".

She rubbed her eyes, tired now from reading so much and staring blindly at the picture of Bruin in the magazine.
"Did I do the right thing though Zuka? Saying yes to Jaken I mean? He's a lovely guy absolutely wonderful but he's not... well, you know who he's not".
She sighed and turned to Zuka again.
"I presume yourself and Brian are going yeah?"

Zazuka laughed. She didn't believe a word that Gossip Girl said. She knew that her friends didn't eather though it put Brian on the war path as well as giving everyone a cold look who even hinted that they where going to talk about the article about them. "Really though everyone should espire to be like me." She said said jokenly. Really she didn't wish her life on her worst enemy. "Well I'm sure that you and Jaken are going only as friends. You never know there could be another epesode like there was out first year." She said remembering the fight that Bruin got into.

Zazuka looked up dreamyly the came back only not all there. "We should be. If he ever get around to asking me. Exams have got Brian more frazled than they do me and I'm the one that's letting my hair go into the forbbiden zone." She said holding out a frizzed out curl. By the end of exams she would be back to normal but for now people would just have to live with the fuzz ball.

Andy frowned before replying.
"Of course we're only going as friends but since reading the magazine even that doesn't seem right now. I don't know" she put her head into her hands and sighed.
"I'm just so fed up with this whole thing now. I was looking forward to the Yule Ball I was, not as much as I would have been if Bruin was my partner but I was still ... looking forward to it. That magazine has a way of messing everything up".

It wasn't just the magazine of course and she knew it, she had been doing a priceless job herself of messing things up for quiet some time now.
"Hmmm exams, I've actually been looking forward to them thanks to all of this mess" she smiled moving her hands behind her head to rub her neck.

Zazuka beamed the best she could. "Well it would be Gossip Girl if it made anyone look good. I mean this person could give Ritta Skeeter a run for her money." She said with a sigh. "Look things will be alright I know they will and NO I did not contact the great beyond but still I know it." She said making a slight joke about her 'power'. To Zazuka it wasn't big deal. So she knew things. A lot of people got lucky like this. She could not understand people who bragged about things like this. Then again they maybe had it in better controle than she did.

Zazuka beamed sunshine now that she heard that Andy was looking forward to Exams. "Of course you would. Your the most brillant student in the school. You'd probobly beat me in Divination if you took the class." She said. Andy alwasy did beat her in all classes. Maybe because of her dreamy nature that made her essays sound like she didn't have a solid idea in her head.

"Ok no more gossip mag talk. I think I'd go crazy from any more of it and you just know the next few weeks that's all that people will be talking about" she laughed and shook her head at Zuka's pun on her abilities.
"I'm amazed you haven't been able to see who's printing it" she stuck her tongue out playfully and moved her head to look up at the suit of armour that settled itself back against the wall with a groan.
"I am not the most brilliant, I have to work so damned hard at everything and when I'm usually trying to hide myself away from the gossip of the magazine and Bruin and a whole bunch of other things then studying helps me to take my mind off it all. My parents had been Ravenclaws and Merlina is one so I guess my family always presumed that's the house I'd have ended up in but I know I'm a Gryffindor. It's where my heart is" and she knew this part to be true in more ways than one.

Zazuka looked up at Andy from over her glasses. "Every year? You always beat everyone in exams. You like Ms. Granger before she became Mrs. Weasley. The heart of a Gryffendor with the brain of a Ravenclaw. You family should be proud of you. I more was than one." Zazuka said. There was a bit of a flash in Zazuka's eyes. Whenever Andy talked about her family Zazuka felt like she should say something but didn't. It wasn't her place. It was just so unfair. Here was this great girl and most of her family wanted nothing to do with her. Much like her own family but they had a reason. Zazuka was strange even for a witch. She didn't mind but still it was a wonder she hadn't been bullied when she still had her cokebottles.

Andy smiled gathering her knees up to her chest and resting her chin on them.
"I like that, heart of a Gryffindor and brain of a Ravenclaw. Thanks Zuka, that's probably the nicest compliment I've gotten this year" she beamed at her best friend.
"Ok so have you been able to get a dress for the yule ball then?"

She wanted also to keep her mind off of exams, she had exhausted the few grey cells she had left with her constant studying and wanted nothing now but to be refreshed at least for the yule ball.

Zazuka's thoughts went to the dressmakers dummy she had been pouring over for months. "I do. I've been woking on a dress for a while now I think it's my best piece to date but I still don't think it's right." She said with a sigh. She tended to critezise her work almost as soon as it was done. She didn't like that about herself but she couldn't help it. Zazuka always thought she could do better.

Zazuka forced herself to forget all that. "Do you have a dress? I mean this will be the first ball your attending it will be fun for you I know it will." She said with a wide smile. She was looking forward to Yule Ball night because she got to dance with Brian not as a friend but as more than that. Something that she had hoped for when she got to dance with him the first time.

"You amaze me with your creations you know that" she smiled at her and then nodded, "Yeah I actually picked up a dress when I was in France. It's nice... ok, understatement. It's awesome at least I think so anyhow".

She smiled now looking forward to wearing it for the second time, the first had been when she had tried it on in the French boutique.
"I am excited about it I guess, I was more earlier before the magazine came out".

Zazuka waived the comment off. "You know me I never think anything I make is good enough until maybe after the fact." She said with a sigh. It was true and seemed to always be second guessing her work whenever she could. "I should be only the best for you Andy you deserve it ten times over." She said. Zazuka meant it. Andy had been though so much that she needed this time and have normal teenager problems for a bit. What Gossip Girl said about her was something like that. Completly blown of porportion but still it counted as a normal teenager problem.

"Don't let Gossip Girl ruin your night. I'm sure that everyone that has been written about will forget it even happened by the time Yule Ball is over. Like spring rain gossip never last long." Zazuka said with a beaming smile. She couldn't help but be sunny at the moment. Zazuka was greatful for these moments more than anything because they where better than felling mesery.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back