OOC First Name
Clairey
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Too Young to Care
Wand
Knotted 10 Inch Flexible Walnut Wand with Horned Serpent Horn Core
It wasn't that Ondine was ungrateful for her owl. Her ma had been awfully kind to find Romeo for her, and he was quite handsome, if a little slow (his last owner had surrendered him for stealing other people's mail out of their letterboxes). It was just that Ondine had specifically asked for a raven. The school approved of them, the menagerie stocked them, and she knew for a fact her uncle Bertie had brought Lucille with him when he'd come to teach. So why had Ma bought her an owl?

Ondine knew why. Ma didn't trust her. On the one hand, she had a point. Ravens were notoriously difficult. Clever as toddlers, moody as teenagers, and equipped with sharper weapons than you'd entrust to either. On the other hand, Ondine had always had a way with animals. She knew how to handle snakes, spiders, and salamanders. And Lucille had warmed up to her quite quickly once they'd got past the rock-throwing stage. Ondine only had a tiny scar. You could barely even see it.

She sighed, put down her quill, and stroked Romeo's chest. The poor owl had been waiting over an hour for her to finish her letter, but she didn't know what to write. "Dear Ma," she said. "I sort of made two friends, but I don't think they really like me. Dear Ma. I should have brought some trousers. Can you send me a pair? Dear Ma..." The owl blinked at her, expectant. "I don't know. Can't you write it for me? I bet a raven could have written it for me. O Romeo, Romeo, wherefore art thou Romeo?"

Lilith had finally tackled the task of writing her letter to home. It had been a long process of thinking her words through and how much to share of everything. She couldn't very well tell her parents her newly found friend had fallen into the lake and she had almost followed him in an attempt to get him back up. Oh no had she written such things into those pages one, or worse, both of her parents would have made the trip just to get her back home. So she had purposefully left those details out, only telling the small things, such as how her first classes were, she made friends and all about her long long trip there.

After the long battle with her quill and paper she was now faced with the dreadful climb to the owlery. Sure it was one thing to make the climb to the Ravenclaw common room everyday, but it certainly was another to make it in the chilly air and icy wind. Though back home winters were brutal so the young girl was used to such conditions, but she wasn't exactly well prepared clothing wise. Hugging her robes tighter around her body she started the climb.

Nearing the top Lilith could make out the distinct voice of another student. She seemed to be talking to someone, only there was no response. Was she okay? Perhaps she was confused? Having a panic attack? Every scenario raced through her mind as she hurried those last few steps. As soon as her green eyes landed on the scene before her Lilith felt a smile tugging at her lips. "Ah, I am sorry to intrude, though I must say it is lovely to see another person that would much rather speak to animals." Her voice came out rather meek to her own ears as she stared at the familiar looking girl. She had seen her in classes and the common room if she was not mistaken. "My name is Lilith." Her voice gained a little more confidence at that introduction. Something about the fellow witch spoke to her and she decided that she would very much like to at least try to befriend her. After all they seemed to share common interest and habit, animals and talking to them.

Ondine startled so hard she stood up, which in turn startled Romeo, who started to panic. He had never been particularly good at delivering mail, but it turned out he would have been a fantastic guard-owl. Sensing the intruder had frightened her, he launched himself off the table with a flurry of paper and barrelled across the room. "Romeo, no!" Ondine shouted. But the stupid sack of feathers wasn't listening. If anything, it encouraged him. If Lilith didn't duck, she was about to get a face full of claws.

Lilith certainly felt bad as she saw that she had frightened the girl and her owl. She had seconds to react as the owl made its way towards her, not thinking much her hands shot up to catch the bird. A normal reaction would perhaps have been to duck, run away or even start screaming and panic. But she just found herself taking hold of the bird and trying to keep it away from her face. She wasn't afraid of the bird, she knew he must have been startled and trying to protect his owner, which she could admire. "Ah, I am terribly sorry to have frightened you both. I did not mean to." Lilith said as she carefully ran her hand over the birds soft feathers. Taking a few unsure steps toward the girl with white hair with a peculiar brown streak on the side she offered the bird, or what felt more like a brick in her arms with the tense body. "Here, I am sorry again, your owl is rather beautiful though and has a strong sense of protection it seems." Lilith let a small smile grace her features as she waited for the girl to take the bird back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back