Notes are important.

Ginny Porter

Wand
Apple wood 9 3/4" Fairy wings
Ginny was singing quietly to herself as she finished one of her classes. Her bag hung loosely from her shoulder as she walked lightly on the ground of the corridors as she wondered what she wanted to do now. She felt the need for fresh air but it was raining and she didn't feel like going into the gloom and unhappiness of the sky so the next best place that came to her mind was the North Tower and the big opened windows.
She hopped up the steps before meeting the views of a blackened sky that sent shadows along her petite features on her face. She smiled before going over to window and resting her tanned hands, palm down, on the sill. She loved seeing rain splash against the ground, making little droplets that crashed into the others and so on.

When she arrived, a boy was already perched on one of the large ledges along the walls, and tilted his head slightly as he saw Ginny enter. "S'up." Vladimir grinned, holding up a hand in greeting. "Miss Porter innit? Y'last game wassa good match." Taking hold of the ledge, he heaved himself off the wall and landed on the ground smoothly. Dusting himself down, he stretched, as if he had been sitting upon the ledge for a good amount of hours. "Aaah... That fel' good." Vladimir was muttering to himself as he walked up to Ginny, and then smiled at her cheerfully. "Whatcha' doin'?"

Ginny laughed as Vlad, whom she hadn't noticed, talking to her. His accent was one of many funny ones. She'd just have to get used to it. She turned and leaned against the wall. She nodded as he asked if he had the right name.
'Ginny actually but yeah, whatever,' she replied. She wondered how long he had been sitting there when he stretched. Probably ages. And she never noticed him.
As blind as Ginny was, she saw how he always seemed to be so cheery. She liked that fact. Very few people were ever like that nowadays. Give him a few years and he won't be so happy anymore, she thought to herself.
'Nothing much to be honest. Just needed some fresh air without getting wet,' she answered honestly, pointing outside.
'And yourself, weren't too late for your class a couple of days ago were you?' she asked, wondering. She had been very late and therefore had received a bollocking from the Professor.

Vladimir gave her an embarrassed grin, rubbing his head ruefully. "Yep', butsa the prof' let me off easy on tha' one." He folded his arms and nodded in thought, "Aye, but I still lost the notes, and m' hafta copy 'em from someone again." The Russian boy looked glum at the very thought of it. "Ooh boy', tha' be summat' tha' I don't look forward to." Tilting his head to view her, he noted her calm countenance with interest. "Ginny." He said, registering the use of her first name instead of her surname, "Ye' still haven't told me why ya 'ere."

Ginny laughed. 'Lucky you. I got a right shouting in front of the class. Scary stuff,' she replied. Then she remembered something when he said notes. She couldn't remember what but it sounded like she had something to do with that.
'I could always lend you mine to copy up if you want,' she offered, not having noticed that his notes were in her bag for safe keeping till he got them. She titled her head so it was the same angle as his before sticking her tongue out at him.
'Yes...' she asked him before looking round. She was sure she had just answered that.
'Felt like it really,' she replied before tucking some hair behind her ear. It was in a bun today for some reason but it was nice like that. Almost a mirror of a dancer except she wasn't one at all.
'And ye still haven't told me why ya 'ere,' she added, trying to mimic his accent. She didn't know why she was in such a relaxed mood today. Normally, she was hyper, not clam like this.

"N'ioce accent lady." Vladimir laughed in a rasping fashion, and then blinked, and coughed. "Well I wus' out 'ere and havin' a bit o' a nap y' see, cos' it's breezy and warm at t' same time!" The Russian boy blinked, and then shrugged. "Hard t' explain, really." He felt his throat for a few moments, and rubbed it carefully with a bemused expression on his face. "Altho' it do seem like it be pretty rough on me throat if I stay here for a whole night, innit?" Vladimir Dragonski blinked once more as the realization hit him, and then asked, "What day issit 'agen?"

Ginny stared, amusement playing on her features as she let him talk to himself.
'Well, a drink of water could always come in handy,' she offered, openeing her bag to find her bottle. She came across some sheets of paper and she suddenly remembered about his notes.
'Oh, wait a min,' she said, pulling them out carefully and scanning over the stuff. Definetely first year stuff. She laughed at the fact she had forgotten yet they were talking about seconds ago. 'I believe these are your lost flying notes,' she told him, handing them over. He'd be sure to be able to study now.
'I really wouldn't stay here a whole night though. Done and tried and it gets pretty cold whe spiders end up sleeping besides you,' she told him, joking about the spiders of course. But it was true. There were spiders everywhere practically. 'And it's umm, Saturday I think,' she added, realizing he had asked that question already.

"Ah, me notes!" Vladimir exclaimed gratefully as he took them, looking over them with a look of obvious, unrestrained glee on his face. "This'll make stuff much easier, thanks champ .. And uh..." He paused as she mentioned the date, racked his mind for a bit, and then nodded to himself. "... I think I slept a day." He mused, rubbing his head, "Well dis' be annoyin', I meant to take a nap. Now they'll wonder why I wassa missin' for a whole day." He rubbed his hands together for a moment, chuckling to himself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back