Not the Twin You're Looking For (Continued)

Onyx Derouin

Dramatic- Loyal- Growing- Soft Boi

OOC First Name
Jess S
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Eternally Smitten
Wand
Cedar Wood, Hippogriff Feather core, 13 1/2 inches
(Continued from here)

Onyx chuckled at the look on Frankie's face, though he'd tried to hide it well. He laughed at Frankie's comment about reputations. "Look, I owe you dinner- again. After that mess with Strangeways... Specially after I pushed to get them together," He winced. "Well, anyway, whatever the hell happened with you two, she seems... Better. Not perfect, but she doesn't mope around so much." He leaned back. "Good thing too, I was about ready to kick his arse- whither she would kill me for it or not." Onyx threw back his head and laughed as Frankie commented on their resemblance. "I am a guy. And a gorgeous one at that," he teased, a sparkle in his eyes. "I should not be confused for my short, spunky, crazy twin sister as often I am," he griped good naturedly.

Last edited:
Frankie tiled his head as Onyx talked. He wasn't one to turn down the offer of a free dinner, but he wasn't sure what Onyx was talking about. It took a little bit for Frankie to piece together that Onyx was talking about Sapphire, though he wasn't quite sure what all the talk about Strangeways was. And was Onyx offering to buy him dinner for making out with his sister? This family was weird, but Frankie could roll with it for now. "I'm not sure I totally follow what you're talking about, mate, but free food and handsome company isn't something to turn down," He said, turning toward Onyx a bit more as he got more comfortable on the bench. "You should take it as a compliment." He said regarding the twins' resemblance, giving Onyx a once over.

Onyx laughed. "Course you don't, sorry. Strangeways- Mervyn. Sapphire's ex. I pushed to get them together, then he broke up with her really brutal and she punched him in the face." He snickered. "She'd kill me for telling her love life to people, but I can't help it. The bad part aside, I'm still proud she punched a prefect in the face and got away with it." He shook his head, smiling warmly. He quirked a brow, giving Frankie a playful smirk and bopping his nose. "Look all you want, pretty boy, just don't go thinking you can get both twins." He winked before hopping to his feet. "Ah well. I might not want a matching hickey, but I am curious what makes you so intriguing." He held out his hand to the other boy. "Hungry?"

Frankie couldn't help but mouth 'Mervyn' incredulously as Onyx explained a bit more what he was talking about. Had Sapphire really dated someone called Mervyn Strangeways. He'd figured there was some messy breakup that Sapphire had been dealing with when they'd met, but honestly he hadn't really wanted to know. He just knew Sapphire needed some time to not think about her problems, and that was generally his specialty. He wasn't sure how he felt learning about it all now, especially without Sapphire here to be the one to tell him. It did make total sense that Sapphire decked a prefect though, and Frankie smirked a bit when Onyx mentioned that fact. "Can't believe she dated a prefect.. no wonder if didn't work out," He mused, mostly to himself.

"Can't blame a guy for trying," Frankie said blandly with a shrug when Onyx made it clear he wasn't interested. It was a little weird messing around with siblings anyway, twins especially, so he didn't take the blow too hard. He did at least have the good grace to look a little sheepish when Onyx mentioned the hickey, shrugging and grabbing Onyx's arm to let him pull Frankie to his feet. "What can I say, the roguish charm does it for some people." He said, waving a hand for Onyx to lead the way to the afore promised food.

Onyx chuckled when Frankie commented on the dating a prefect bit. "Well, he wasn't one when they met. They met cuz some bloke was trying to prank him and she noticed it going down. Caught her interest, then Merv threw up on her combat boots." He snickered.

He gave the boy a sly grin. "Oh, the roguish charm is rather tempting. It's too bad Sapphy found you first." He teased, turning and starting back towards the village. "But she doesn't share well. I don't know about you, but I fear the small and quick." He joked lightly. Not that Sapphire had spoken of Frankie since that day. But he'd seen the picture she had hung with the others on her wall. He would let that particular memory be hers.

Frankie raised his eyebrows when Onyx gave a little more background on Sapphire's ex. "Well, that's certainly...memorable," He settled on.
He shrugged his shoulders, shoving his hands in his pockets when Onyx insisted he wasn't interested. Frankie never really knew what to do with people honestly just seemed to want to hang out. From his experience, people didn't spend time with each other unless they had some sort of motive and he was still trying to work out exactly what Onyx wanted from him. Maybe he thought Frankie had some insight about Sapphire? "Sapphire definitely seems the person who you wanna stay on the good side of." He answered. She had that aura about her that implied she wouldn't hesitate to kick your ass. And from the stories she'd heard both from Onyx and herself, she followed through on that. Really, considering Onyx as they walked closer to the storefronts, Sapphire and Onyx were pretty different, despite looking similar. They both definitely had that mischievous streak, but Onyx's vibe was way different from what he'd felt with Sapphire. Maybe that's why he was so bothered he couldn't figure out what Onyx wanted.

Onyx chuckled, but let the subject drop. Any more about Merv and Sapph would know, he knew it. And death wasn't favorable today. He laughed at Frankie's comment. " Tell me about it. We've only been together again for about three years now. She's not hesitated to punch me for being stupid yet." He shook his head.

He skipped a bit as they walked, drumming a bit on his legs with his fingers. "Well, you obviously don't go to school with us- I looked." He teased. "Do you live close by or somethin?" He inquired, picking up the beat a bit and drumming it on the wall they were walking by.

Frankie side-eyed Onyx a bit as he made another reference to only being with Sapphire for such a short amount of time. Somewhat against his will, Frankie was slowly piecing together the story between the two of them, and honestly it sounded pretty miserable. Definitely not something wanted to go sticking his nose into, as curious as he was.

He watched Onyx mildly as he skipped down the street. He was a lot more outwardly energetic than Sapphire, that was for sure. Shrugging in response to Onyx's question, Frankie reconsidered his stance on invasive questions. Clearly Onyx didn't care about boundaries as much as he did. Maybe that was he was after after all. "Yeah, I live nearby," He said simply before posing his own question. "What's up with you and Sapphire anyway? You're twins but it doesn't sound like you grew up together.."

Onyx nodded. "Nice, nice." He started to ask another question but Frankie beat him to it. He laughed. "Now that is a long story," He told the boy. "So our parents died when we were babes," He started, tossing an arm out dramatically. "And no one in the fam could afford us both at the time. So me, I went to Uncle James. Sapphy, she was sent to Aunt Myra," He scowled, "Who promptly disappeared, then came back and told everyone little pre-me Sapphy had bit the dust, then left again." He shook his head. "She's always been tiny so everyone believed her. Turned out, Auntie had been working at an Orphanage and dropped Sapph there. Kept her isolated, told her no one would adopt her, all kinds of fun things." He rolled his eyes as they rounded a corner. "Sapph got into a lot of fights back then. Bigger kids picking on the smaller ones made her mad. Even if she was little herself." He snorted but continued with the story.

"So she got magic and went to school up the way, then somewhere in first year I ran by the ice cream shop. I'd been homeschooled, traveling with Uncle James, and some girl thought I was Sapph!" He laughed loudly. "I swear, I'm not that girly," He joked. "So I looked around, found her, transferred up there in second year, then me and Uncle James adopted her right after that semester! Huge fight with Aunt Myra about it, but when Grandma found out, whooo," He winced and shook his head. "That was the end of it." He laughed. "And that, Frankie boy, is the story of the Michaels twins,"

As Onyx talked, Frankie had to quickly remind himself that both he and Sapphire agreed that their little evening together hadn't meant anything. And that it really wasn't any of his business to learn all of Sapphire's history. Especially not from someone that wasn't Sapphire herself. But he still couldn't help be invested the longer Onyx talked. "Wow, and here I was thinking my life was a mess," He said, scratching at his cheek for something to do with his hands. It was a lot to take in, but Onyx seemed pretty well-adjusted despite it all. Emo-hair and eyeliner none-withstanding. "So you go around telling everyone your guys' life story or am I just special?" Frankie asked, shoving his hands back into his jacket pockets and giving Onyx a wan grin, trying to lighten the funk he could feel settling on his own mood after hearing all the crap Sapphire had been through.

Onyx chuckled at Frankie's response. Frankie asked an odd question next. "Honestly, no one really asks. Besides, you made enough of an impression that Sapphy told me about you. And she has that picture with her collage on the night stand. She might not be ready for anything serious, but I know she thinks about you. She has few enough friends, especially after Alkander, Oliver, and now Merv have all moved on from her." He shook his head. "Her loyalty isn't easy to grab, Frankie boy. But I think you two connected and she at least cares." He laughed. "Just don't tell her I said that."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back