Not So Welcoming

Erik Dover

Erik had already been in the Slytherin common room and dorm, well of coarse he had been. That was where this young Slytherin had spent most of his time. Mostly not doing much at all. Supposed to be doing work, instead he would sit in the dorm the books open and have him stare onto the page. Rather boring in his opinion. Though finally he was ready to do something, anything.

Walking out of the Slytherin dorm he decided to get a good look at the dungeons for the first time. It was rather damp, dark, and cold. Though in a strange way it felt like home. Not exactly welcoming though. No wonder Erik had heard not many other houses travel down in this area.

For a boy who wanted to meet people, Erik should probably be in a spot more welcoming, though he didn't feel up to that. He had already checked out the gardens and was more than disappointed with it. Not wanting to view any more of what the students of Hogwarts seemed to love, Erik decided to just wonder around the dungeons hoping to bump into someone, anyone would due.

Payton had been bored all day after classes so she decided to go to the lake but there was no one around and after a while it got pretty boring. She walked down to the dungeons and explored some of the rooms, she had been here a few times so knew her way around. Payton continued walking through the dungeons when she seen a boy she didn't know. "Hey im Payton, mind if i join you?"She asked then smiled slightly as she waited for a reply.

Erik turned around when he heard a female's voice. "Oh hello there" Erik said flashing one of his oh so common charming smiles. For a moment he wondered if she too was a slytherin. Though he could never be sure until he asked even if the young girl about his age was wondering around the dugeons.

"My name's Erik and I could always use the company" He said running his hand through his hand which wasn't long at all but still had the same effect in his eyes. "So what brings a pretty girl like yourself down to the damp, dark dungeons?" Erik asked.

Payton blushed slightly then answered."I was fed up of the lake and everything so decided to explore the dungeons, what about you?"Payton looked around as she heard something but didn't see anything so turned back round and faced Erik.

Erik smiled slightly as the girl blushed. "I havent' been to the lake really. Seems like a bore though" Erik agreed as he turned his gaze to around the spot in which the two of them were. Nothing too exciting. It was a wonder why some of the other houses were scared of this place. It didn't seem anything special to him.

"Well I thought I was spending too much time stuck in the Slytherin dorm" Erik said smirking slightly. "What house do you happen to be in?" Erik asked conversational.

"Its alright i guess but nothing special."Payton explained about the lake, she had been a few times but only stayed or a while. "Im in Slytherin as well."Payton said glad that she had got into that house instead of Hufflepuff. She laughed slightly as she thought of their badge that had a badger on it. Payton smiled then asked."So, are you glad you got in Slytherin or was there another house you wanted?"

Erik listened as the girl named Payton explained the lakefront. Maybe he would end up going there sometime. A swim would probably be nice maybe with a few of his friends. Well once he got a few friends that was. "Oh another Slytherin" Erik said rather impressed. He remembered what Isabella had said about Slytherin being the hardest house to get into.

"You have a nice laugh" Erik commented as Payton laughed a bit about what he wasn't sure but still he had to comment. "Of coarse I wanted to be in Slytherin" Erik said proudly as if he always wanted to be in Slytherin .The truth was that he was muggleborn and he had no clue of the houses. Though he was not going to mention that.

"Was Slytherin the house of your choice?" Erik asked only finding it polite to asked the question in return.

As Erik commented on her laugh she smiled and said."I was thinking about Hufflepuff and the badge they had to wear, it has a badger on it."Payton didnt know if Erik knew about all the house badges so decided to tell him about the badge. When Erik said he wanted to be in Slytherin she smiled, most of the Slytherins she had talked to all wanted to be in Slytherin and others at the sorting ceremony wanted to be in Slytherin but didn't make it.

"Yeah Slytherin was my choice i dont think i would of liked any of the other houses."Payton said."So, have you met anyone else in Slytherin yet?"She asked to make conversation.

Erik let a small smile appear on his face as she expressed why she had laughed aloud. "Well I couldn't imagine wearing a badge with a badger on it" He said thinking that it was almost a tongue twister badger badge badger badge Erik thought holding back a laugh that would have normally come out if he was alone.

"Well the ones destined to be in Slytherin fit in no other house" Erik said smirking slightly at the girl. He could see the two of them being friends for some reason Erik was good at determining friendships and more. "I've only met one other Slytherin girl named Isabella" Erik said thinking about how she had met this girl in the garden.

"Are there many slytherins and if so any I should actually take my time to meet?" Erik asked not helping but having his voice rather overconfident at the end. For moments of time Erik was actually rather cocky but he tried not to show that when he was around girls.

Payton grinned and said."There are some people in Slytherin that shouldnt be in this house."She thought of the name then said."I dont think i have met her but there is James and Toni that are in Slytherin that i think you should meet." She thought if there was anyone else but couldnt think of anyone.

"So have you got a favourite class yet?"Payton asked wondering if every Slytherin that she talked t would pick potions.

Erik nodded as Payton had admitted that there were some people in Slytherin that shouldn't be there. "Believe it or not Isabella had said the same thing" Erik added with a small smirk wondering who those people that didn't belong in the house were. For some reason Erik wanted to meet them just to judge them himself.

As Payton listened too names, Erik took in the information. "Are they both first years?" he asked thinking that he had noticed a Toni in one of his classes, more so because he copied all her notes during Transfiguration.

Though as Payton asked about classes, Erik rolled his eyes. "Classes are so boring" He admited hating classes with a passion. "But if I had to pick I would say I can tolerate Charms" He added thinking that he didn't mind charms or transfiguration but for some reasons Charms stood a bit higher on his list.

"And what is your favorite class so far?" Erik asked expecting to get the answer of Potions. Potions seemed to be a slytherin favorite for some reason.

"Yeah they are both first years but i havent seen James in a while."Payton said thinking where he was."Yeah especially the essays."She added when Erik said classes where boring,"But i would have to say Transfiguration is okay, same with charms.I think most of the Slytherin would say potions is their favourite subject."She said rolling her eyes.Payton tried to think of something to say but couldnt thin of anything so stayed quite.

"Well then I have copied notes off that Toni girl but I haven't met either of them in person" Erik said smiling as he thought about how he still needed to meet so many people. Even with the smaller Slytherin population there was still loads of people to meet. "oh I hate the essays" Erik said knowing that he could not copy essays which meant actual work.

"Transfiguration I can deal with as well "Erik adding flashing Payton a smile "We have a lot in common" He said turning his gaze about the dungeons once more wondering if it ever got warmer down here. As the conversation grew quiet for a moment, Erik took in the surroundings. "So Payton" Erik began thinking how much he did like that name, never hearing it before. "Have you been in the forbidden forest yet? Or done anything too interesting?" Erik asked. So far it had been rather boring for him here at Hogwarts.

"Terrible copying peoples work."Payton said jokingly so grinned at the end.Payton thought about it before saying."No I've only been to bleak street and wandered the corridors at night. What about you?"She asked as she thought about going to the forbidden forest later to see what it as like, not really bothering if she got caught or not.Payton began to wonder if Hogwarts got any more exciting or if it just stayed the way it was the now, she watched as someone from a different house waked through the dungeons looking scared with ever step they took, Payton smirked before turning back to Erik.

Erik rolled his eyes though his face broke into a grin. "It's only awful if you get caught copying other people's work" He added with a wink. Though as Payton described a Bleak Street, Erik could nod. It sounded something dark though Erik wasn't exactly sure. He wasn't going to say anything about it though for the simple fact that he wanted to seem like he knew it all.

"Nothing too exciting. Snuck out to the gardens at night once." He added feeling like a complete loser for not doing something more daring. "Though I plan on doing so much more" He said smoothly as he watched a student walk through the dungeons. Tempted to have a bit of fun and scare the living wits out the of the person, Erik chose not to finally.

Turning back to Payton, "So" Erik said running out of things to say which usually didn't happen often. "Do you have any siblings?" He asked dumb dumb dumb he thought but he still kept a smooth smile on his face.

Payton grinned and asked."I've heard about the gardens, they dont seem that interesting,are they?"When Erik said he planned to do more than sneaking out to the gardens she grinned again and said jokingly."Just try and not to get caught." Payton didnt think that Erik would get caught and hoped he knew that she was joking.

"Yeah i have a younger brother who will be starting here in two years unfortunately, what about you, do you have any siblings or did any of your parents come here?" Payton asked with a smile.

Erik smirked slightly. "No they aren't that interesting in the day time at night..." He paused "At night they are better. I'll have to show you sometime" He said flashing yet another charming smile in her direction. Though it faded into a normal smirk when she told him not to get caught. "Oh I never get caught I can promise you that" He said being the over confident guy he was.

As Payton said she had a younger brother that would be staring in two years, Erik had to do the math with his own siblings. "I have two sisters. Emerson Rose who will be starting in two years and Piper who will be starting in three" Erik explained liking that he got the normal name in the family. "But no my parents didn't attend here" Erik said not wanting admit that his parents are muggles. "Did your parents came here?" He asked.

Payton grinned as Erik said he never got caught." Okay i believe you."She listened as he said he had two sisters and that they would be starting in two/three years."No my parents went to another school that cant remember the name of."Payton said. After thinking for a while she asked."Have you got all your school supplies yet or have you still to get some items?" She looked around wondering where everyone was, normally they were floating the corridors or the other Slytherins would be floating about the dungeons.

Erik was glad that Payton believed that he wouldn't get caught. Now Erik just had to be sure that he didn't manage to get caught doing anything. The last thing he wanted to do was get points taken away from Slytherin. As Payton said that her parents went to a School that she couldn't remember he let out a small smile. Though as the school items came up Erik rolled his eyes.

"I haven't gotten them all. I still need a broom if I have any hopes of even being considered for the quidditch team" Erik said knowing that he was pretty awful at flying and that he would never make the team, but hey he loved the brag so whatever. "Are you a fan of quidditch?" he asked.

When Erik said he still needed a broom Payton nodded, she thought that everyone had got all their stuff for school starting. When he said he needed a broom to be in the Quidditch team, she looked at him then asked."Are you good at quidditch?"She then answered his question. "Yeah i like Quiddich but im not really good at it." Payton wondered if first years were allowed to try out for the team.

This was where Erik came in with his lies. "I am actually really good at Quidditch. My father and I play all the time back home" Erik said thinking about the only broom his father ever used was one to sweep the house and the only broom Erik at ever been on was the school broom. he hadn't even really flown yet but Payton didnt' know that.

Nudging her playfully "I bet you are great at Quidditch" He said "We'll have to go flying sometime together" He paused adding a smile knowing that truly he would never follow through with that offer. Erik was not one to make a fool of himself and getting on a broom in front of a pretty slytherin girl would without a doubt make him look like a fool.

Payton listened as Erik said he was great at Quidditch and nodded.When he said she was great at Quidditch Payton grinned and said."Yeah great at falling off the broom so if we do go flying you will easily win."Payton smiled slightly then asked."Do you know what broom you are going to get?"

Erik smirked "Well then I may have to teach you a few things or two" He said his smirk turning into one of his smiles. Yet when she asked him what type of broom he was going to get, Erik racked his brain. "I'm not sure yet. Whatever I have enough galleons for and whatever they'll sell me" He said keeping his tone calm and smooth. How the heck was he supposed to know all the types of brooms. Seemed so difficult to even think about. Pushing off the topic.

"Well my lady I must be off" He said flashing her a joking smile. "Though I should probably go get a bite to eat. I'm starved. See you around?" He explained and asked as he took a few steps towards the stairs that lead to the great hall.

Payton nodded with a smile then said."Okay, speak to you later."Payton then began to walk around the dungeons as she looked for something to do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back