Not Over Yet

Toni Addison

Wand
Rowan Wand 15" Essence of Fang of Basilisk
((Sorry I took so long to post this topic))

The music was still ringing in her ears and her feet where a bit more than sore, but she had enjoyed herself more than just a little bit. It was her first Yule ball and greater than she would have imagined. Not wanting the night to end quite yet, Toni had wondered if Beau would like to have a little walk along the lakefront. Of coarse he had agreed.

Walking along hand and hand they were, Toni soaking in every moment as she seemed to be doing lately. her drama filled life no longer felt like an issue for as everyone could see this first year Slytherin didn't seem to attract much drama anymore. Though Toni wouldnt' admit that aloud. That would be jinxing it to the highest extent. "So" Toni began swinging Beau's hand once. "What are you thinking" She paused "Right now?" She asked looking over at hime.

Beau walked hand in hand with Toni to the lakefront, the night had been fantastic and had proved to him, as if it needed proving, how much he liked Toni. Here she was walking with him, looking as beautiful as ever and he found he had to catch his breath.
A smile spread across his face and he gave her hand a gentle squeeze. "Well I'm thinking," he said gently, his heart rate increasing ever so slightly, "That maybe we could make me and you into 'us'," he said gently, "Will you be my girlfriend?" he asked, so it sounded kind of cheasy, his heart was hammering in his ears and he had only just managed to keep his tone as smooth as ever. He turned to face her , stopping them both from walking, his bright blue eyes sparkling as he awaited her replie. "So what are you thinking?" he asked, half smiling at her.

Toni knew that the lakefront scene would be so beautiful so breath taking, though Toni knew more than that. She knew that Toni really couldn't remove her gaze from Beau. It was their moment, everytime they were together it was their moment, their time, their memories.

Yet she hadn't been expecting him to answer her simple question with such an answer. Her gaze turned to the ground for a moment in an attempt to keep herself from blushing. Though the attempt hadn't worked and that dreaded light pink colour had made it's way to her cheeks contrasting even more tonight.

A slow smile spread across her face as she looked up at Beau them now facing each other and not walking a bit. "Well I'm thinking" Toni began not knowing how to answer what she was thinking. Of coarse she had no doubt that she wanted to make them a 'us', a 'couple'. He had just phased it so perfectly, so simple, Toni wished she could do the same.

"That you may had just made this the most remarkable Yule ball ever" Toni said her smile spreading on her face. "Of coarse I'll be your girlfriend" Toni said thinking back to the day when they had first met. Toni had doubted that this day would ever come, but now here she was in that very moment.

Beau smiled, watching her every movement as she formed her replie. His hand came up to her face, stroking her cheek lightly, "And I think you've just made this the best yule ball ever too," he said, his voice hushed and deep as his other hand came to the other side of her face and he kissed her gently.
He pulled back, a smile on his face as he put his arm around her shoulders.
He couldn't keep the smile off of his face now, his legs seemed to move on their own accord. He wanted to burst with happiness right now it was literally, for the first time in his life, coming out from him in everyway. He chuckled lightly as his arm fell off of her shoulders and held onto her hand once more, the place it felt most natural.

Toni couldn't help but be more than thrilled. For months she had been imagining the ball and since the early hours she was worring about it being perfect. In all that time she had never pictured this. For the longest time that itching thought made it's way into Toni's mind that Beau wanted to be nothing more than friends. Now she knew that it wasn't true, not even close. They were a thing now, a couple.

Gently kissing him back she couldn't help but love spending every second with him. Even though her heart always pounded so fast that she could hear it in her ears, even though her tongue got all tied at times having her lose all words that she should be saying. Even though he made her blush all the time, Toni loved it all.

Hand in Hand, they began their walk again, fingers intertwined perfectly fitting. She let the silence fill the moment for a few seconds, before speaking up again. "Ever think this would happen?" Toni wondered squeezing his hand once gently. "Would you ever think that 'we' would happen?"

Beau swung their hands gently as they walked along. "Do you know what, from the moment I met you I hoped it would." he said honestly shrugging a little, "But did I think it ever could happen.." he said chuckling and shaking his head slightly. He had always thought she was out of his league, she had always seemed to want to be nothing more then friends with him. Best friends of course, though that title never seemed to do what they had justice, it wasn't enough for them.

Right now as Beau looked around he wondered how this night could get any better. "I bet you didn't though did you?" he asked, turning to face her a slight smile on his face. His blue eyes conveying all that needed to be conveyed right now.

Toni was looking around at the view before them, the lake at this time was as she had always guessed it would be. Though the small thought of this really being the first time Beau and her were alone in a non-haunted place, almost let a small laugh escape her lips. Gladly Toni was able to hold back the laugh and focus on the conversation. Once again Beau's answer seemed to surprise her.

"At first" She began thinking about how she really felt about Beau the first time they met. It seemed so long a go but that day she surely remembered. "I thought you were just one of those guys" Toni said rolling her eyes. "Those guys that have a million and one girlfriends" She added laughing slightly. It was true. At first Beau had thrown off that aura.

Her thoughts of him had changed though. "But after our first skating lesson" Toni said shaking her head a huge smile still on her face. "I sort of knew this would happened. If you wanted of coarse It always seemed to be up to you" Toni said running her free hand through her hair.

Beau laughed, "You know what I seem to give people that impression alot," he said grinning.
"huh? Up to me?" he said, slightly suprised by her revelation. "For me it always seemed up to you. I always thought I was hinting at it enough but you always seemed to give me the cold shoulder," he said chuckling and shaking his head as he thought of the many occassions.
"I knew if it was going to happen it would be when you wanted it to happen not me," he said gently, his eyes flicked around the lakefront before returning to her. She was definatly more beautiful then this whole view.

Toni was glad that Beau didn't take her first impression of him offensively. Not like he seemed the type of person to take something like that with offense. "Well mentioning that you've had loads of girlfriends might just be the cause of that" Toni said nudging him slightly. "But I'm glad that my first impression changed" Toni said knowing that it was such an understatement to her. She was more than just glad that her impression of him had changed, so much more than glad.

A small laugh did escape her lips when Beau thought that things were always up to her. "I never gave you the cold shoulder." Toni said trying to think of a time where she might off. "Maybe the first time we hugged" Toni added softly remembering that hug had lasted a few seconds maybe less. "But other than that" Toni said smiling hoping that there was no other time. None that she could think about. "And you need to learn how to hint better" Toni teased thinking that maybe she was just oblivious, not that she would admit it to Beau.

"Well I guess we both wanted it to happen" Toni said. Though she looked about at the scene her eyes always moved back to meet Beau lingering there longer than the rest of her short glances about the area. "or you just got tired of waiting for me to stop acting blonde and take the hint" Toni said laughing a bit.

"I have to admit something though" Toni said her tone getting serious for a moment before her face once more grew into yet another smile that was more than difficult to hide. "I didn't have time to get you your christmas present so once again you are going to have to accept an IOU" Toni said wishing she had found time to shop. Instead she had to worry about buying that twit Jenna a gift and had barely managed that. Stupid secret santa Toni thought though nothing could ruin this mood not even that.

Beau laughed, "Maybe, maybe," he said shaking his head. "Well I'm glad that opinion changed too," he said gently, his hand reaching up to touch her face gently before falling back to his side.
"No not only then," he said stubbornly, "Believe me, there were a load of times," he said chuckling slightly as he realised they were both as stubborn as each other and so this argument could last hours.
"I think its you who needs to learn to take a hint better princess. I haven't exactly been subtle about the whole thing," he said laughing.
"Nope sorry, I'm not accepting anymore IOU's." he said shaking his head, "I don't want you to get me anything for christmas," he said stubbornly. "Oh but I have your present already," he said winking at her, "You'll just have to wait for that one though," he said smiling.

The thought and doubt wondering if Beau really had had many girlfriends before her or if it was just an act that he played. It could really go either way with him and in a way Toni was too curious to let it go. The question whether to hold her tongue or actually ask was bounced in her head a few times before she finally just opened her mouth and spoke. "Well have you had loads of girlfriends?" She asked hoping that she wouldn't regret asking the question. It doesn't matter either way She thought stubbornly.

Shaking her head though when Beau admitted that there were loads of times in which she had given him the cold shoulder. "I don't believe you" She said dropping it at that. There were probably times when Toni hadn't meant to, after all if she had meant to she would have remembered. Right? Probably not but at the moment that was Toni's logic.

"And I take hints fine" She said smiling knowing quite well that she didn't. But her mouth fell open silently as the topic of christmas appeared in the conversation once more. "You did not get me anything" Toni said having stated it more than asking a question. "Now that's not fair" Toni said normally would of having used this time to cross her arms but she wouldn't dare break her and Beau's hands apart. "I was supposed to get you something and you weren't supposed to get me anything. That's how it was supposed to be" Toni said now wondering if she could fit a short shopping trip in before Christmas.

Beau smiled at her question, he thought he could sense a slight jealousy behind it and that made him quite happy. "Well, not loads," he said smoothly, it didn't really bother him how many boyfriends she had had in the past. Just as long as she was happy with him now.
"No don't be daft," he said stubbornly, "I had to get you something. Thats why I got it for you early," he said laughing, in truth he had got his brother to send it over to him. But he had known exactly what it was he was giving her and he hoped she liked it. "All I need on christmas morning is you to be sitting there," he said gently, squeezing her hand so as to make sure she knew this was the truth.

Toni wished she could have hit Beau when he answered her question as he had. Though she had to say it shouldn't bother her, the small amount of jealousy faded and she just pushed it aside. She had other things that she needed to think about, like what on earth she was going to get Beau for Christmas.

"You are allowed to get me something but I'm told not to bother getting you anything" Toni said knowing that this situation was not an option. "Wait you even got it early. Wow I am so behind" Toni said rolling her eyes, but still she liked that fact that he had thought about her. She actually really liked that fact.

Though Toni prayed that he didn't think, Toni wasn't thinking about him. Of coarse she was, but really it was hard to decide what to get him, putting it off and off until now when she wished she hadn't put it off at all. You have time Toni thought to herself trying to be positive.

"Well I will be sitting there next to you Christmas morning" She began "With a gift for you" She added now determined. But Toni didn't want the whole conversation to be about Christmas. That would come and Toni couldn't wait, but she had rushed and wanted the Yule ball to come and here it was the night almost over. She wasn't going to rush it anymore.

As the thoughts rushed through Toni's head she went from Christmas to break to no classes to looking over at Beau with a smile on her face. "You know. You wont' have to take another flying lesson ever" Toni said happily nowing how much he really did dislike those lessons. Toni on the otherhand would miss them slightly.

Beau smiled, "But you know, they were nothing. Nothing compared to you," he said gently, leaning down and whispering it in her ear before kissing her cheek gently.
He laughed, "I know, and I never get anything early," he said shaking his head.
He sighed, "Your not going to let me win this are you?" he said shaking hsi head.
His face broke into a smile, "Thats the second best news I've had all day," he said, the shimmer in his eye clearly indicating her saying 'yes' was the best of the day.
He sighed gently, his eyes flicking back to her face. He couldn't resist, he put his big warm hands either side of her face and kissed her again.

Toni couldn't help but feel her heart skip a beat when Beau whispered in her ear. She really hoped he was telling her the truth, that he really did mean the words that his whispered tone stated. Somehow Toni believed him one hundred percent. How could he not being telling the truth. This whole situation was different than anything Toni had ever experienced, different than her relationship with Sam or even any of the boys she had flirted with in the past. This was so much better so much more, Toni couldn't even find the words to describe it.

"I have to admit I am surprised that you got something done early" Toni said smiling of coarse teasing though it was rather surprising. "And no I can't let you win this. Never" She added giving Beau's hand a small gentle squeeze.

Though Toni never understood why Beau hated flying, she was happy that it was over for him. This just meant one less class which Toni did enjoy that fact. The first semester was over and Toni was already sick of classes. Too bad she had another six years and one semester in this school taking classes.

"Well isn't today just a wonderful day then" Toni said when Beau said that it was the second best news he's heard. Her eyes glancing over at him her own happiness was so obvious. This day had been more than wonderful.

Placing her hands gently on his she returned the kiss pulling away slightly the small smile on her face. Bring her own hands to her side once more, Toni closed her eyes if only for a few seconds taking in this whole moment making sure she remembered every second of it.

He shook his head, "Well just know that I dont expect anything," he said, thinking that was probably the most he could say, though he sighed slightly to show he was still stubborn on the situation.
"Yeah it is," he said, his eyes dancing happily. His sparkling blue eyes, conveyed emotions he would never allow himself to say aloud, or maybe he would with Toni.
"So has this yule ball met expectations?" he asked happily, swining their arms once more.

An almost triumphant smile appeared on Toni's face when Beau put in his last comment about the gift giving. She hadn't exactly won the situation but she knew she hadn't lost which was good enough for her. Though she forgot all about the christmas gift giving when she turned her gaze over to Beau meeting his wonderful blue eyes. They were amazing, always had been. It was the first thing Toni really noticed about him. Still at times, as lame as it sounded, they took her breath away.

"The Yule ball so far passed my expectations" Toni said looking down at their connected hands for a second before looking back up at him. "And I didn't kill you with my awful dancing skills either" Toni said letting out a small laugh. By no means was Toni and awful dancer. In her opinion she did quite well and had only stepped on his feet once maybe twice. Toni couldn't quite remember. "I really wish there was more than just one dance a year though" Toni said thinking about how other dances would be so much fun but really they could not compare to this night. Toni was unsure that any other dance could. "Was it everything you expected?" Toni wondered hoping that Beau had just as great as a time as she did.

Beau smiled, "I thought you were a pretty good dancer," he said grinning, he had enjoyed their time at the ball immensly. Though he would never admit it, it didn't seem right to admit that he had had fun at a ball. What was happening now however, he couldn't hide how much he was enjoying this.
He shook his head, "No it didn't actually," he said slyly, pausing briefly, "It was everything I expected and more," he said playfully smiling broadly at her. She truely was beautiful and meerly looking at her made him grin from ear to ear.

"You were a great dancer yourself" Toni said smiling as if the smile was never going to fade from her face, unknowing that her face was actually becoming a bit sore from smiling so much this night. Not even that could stop her face from showing her happiness though.

But when Beau admitted that the Yule Ball hadn't met his expectations, Toni did tilt her head to side slightly almost confused, almost questioning. Yet as he continued she rolled her eyes at him. "Always messing with me" Toni said her face still lit up with the smile. Toni could not even admit how much Beau had hold over her, how easily he could to mess with her emotions if he chose to. Though Toni knew that he would never do that, or at least Toni hoped he wouldn't.

With her free hand, she brushed a piece of hair off her face and behind one ear. Her gaze falling onto the lake looking away rather quickly. Never would she go swimming in that lake again, though the first time wasn't her choice. Stupid mermaid Toni thought briefly forgetting all about it as her eyes glanced upon Beau once more almost wanting to pinch herself to make sure this whole night hadn't been one big dream

Beau laughed, "Thanks," he said shaking his head.
"But you know you love it," he siad winking at her as she said he was always messing with her.
Beau's eyes followed Toni's as she looked at the lake, he didn't miss the slight shiver she gave and he turned, rather puzzled to her, "Do you not like water?" he asked, laughing gently as if the mere thought of sucha thing was utterly ridiculous.
He hadn't seen the sea since September, and he was starting to miss it. Now he had to wait untill summer untill he would be able to get out there and surf, or even just swim. For some reason he didn't quite fancy swimming in that lake.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back