Not knowing what to expect.

Steph Shirley

Wand
'Yew Wand 13 1/2" Essence of Phoenix Feather'.
Steph was wandering around the castle, her guitar on her back. She didnt want to go up to the common room, she might see Aiden up there, and it was cold outside.
She found herself on the first floor, she watched the paintings move around their frames.
Every now and then she reached out and touched the paintings, she spoke to them, finding out their names. And why their paintings were in Hogwarts.
Steph sighed sadly, she didnt know what to do now. So she went and sat on a empty chest along the corridor, watching the paintings again.

Isabella emerged from her common room in the dungeons and made her way all the way up to the first floor. She was going to try and see if she could turn in some late work for History of Magic and sighed as she thought of how much she'd let her grades slip this past month. She blamed it on the break up with Aiden but mentally slapped herself, thinking that she knew better than to let it affect her school work. As she walked down the first floor corridor with her messenger bag over her shoulder and her wand tucked up her sweater sleeve, Isabella stopped dead in her tracks.

She spotted Steph easily with that bright orange hair of hers, Stupid if you ask me, Isabella thought bitterly just because of the Aiden situation. She gave Steph an obvious fake smile and continued to walk on, purposely shoving passed her to show that she was really angry at her.

Steph was humming quietly to herself when she heard footsteps, she turned her body slightly, and saw Isabella, she frowned when she saw the obvious fake of her smile, Steph had expected Isabella to be funny with her about the Aiden thing.
Steph stood up, 'Bells! Bells, wait up?' She called, not wanting to loose another friend.

Isabella continued to walk even though she heard Steph call her name. Once she said wait up, she sighed very audibly to let Steph know that she was wasting her time and rolled her eyes as she turned around to face her. "What?" she said very rudely, crossing her arms over her chest with her papers still in her hands.

Steph took a deep breath, if this was her only chance to at least try to sort this out, she should make the most of it.
'Bella im sorry, ive been very.. mess up recently. I dont know what i was thinking when Aiden and me got together, i was upset, confused, i didnt realize, i wasnt thinking straight. We shouldnt of dated so close to your break up, we shouldnt of dated at all. Yeah okay so i do like him, but i understand i was just a rebound girl, and to be honest i dont care, i dont care how this is hurting me, because i deserve it. You shouldnt of had to go through that on top of the break up, i was such a bad friend and im sorry.
Bella i really am, i dont really expect you to act like nothings wrong, i just want to be forgiven?' Steph told Bella, she did want to be Bellas friend, but Steph understood it must be hard for Bells.

Awh crap you messed up so bad, for no reason, A voice inside Stephs head was yelling at her for being so stupid, You lost Bells, for what? A week with Aiden, you were just the rebound girl. Steph winced slightly at the truth, but rearranged her face until it became a nervous smiled.
'I really am sorry, i swear.' She muttered, looking at the floor.

Isabella stared at Steph with her arms firmly remaining across her chest. Her face was void of emotion as she listened to Steph apologize and once she was done Isabella raised her eyebrow in disbelief. She laughed, yes laughed in Steph's face at her apology. She expected her to forgive her? How ridiculous was that.

"You actually expect me to forgive you?" Isabella voiced her thoughts aloud, a look of amusement on her face. Isabella shook her head at Steph's naivety. She was a Slytherin, and she could sure hold grudges. "You know better than anyone what it's like to lose someone Steph," she said, remembering when James had broken up with her and Bella had been there for her to help cheer her up. "But to a friend? That hurts even worse. I don't care how long or short the relationship lasted," she said sternly.

Isabella knew she had done this to Alyssa last year, and now that it had happened to her, she knew how ugly it felt. She had no idea how Alyssa was so strong to forgive her. Bella on the other hand, could go on ignoring Steph for the rest of her life, or as long as the thought of Aiden and Steph even talking together didn't bother her anymore.

Steph chewed her lip, she had mentioned James.

Steph listened to Bells, her eyes were down. 'i guess i do know what its like to loose someone.' She said quietly, she turned to leave, took a deep breath and turned back round, 'Bella whats the point of holding these grudges? It doesnt make you feel big, or better, even worse, but i guess its your choice.'

Isabella rolled her eyes as she said coldly, "Speak for yourself." Holding grudges did make her feel better, if only for a little while. It was easier to be mad at Steph than it was to be mad at Aiden even though Aiden didn't deserve her forgiveness either, she just liked him too much. "Perhaps I'll forgive you eventually, when the thought of you betraying me doesn't completely upset me," she said looking at Steph up and down in disgust. Isabella knew she was letting her nasty side show but she couldn't help how she felt. She wanted this to be a lesson for anyone else who ever wanted to betray her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back