Not Guilty

Aaren Nightray

OOC First Name
Raze
Wand
Curly 15 Inch Flexible Alder Wand with Meteorite Dust Core
The library, as always, was full of students. Some were in groups, trying to discuss difficult topics and explaining it to each other; others were by themselves, preferring to minimize the distraction. On the far end corner of the room, behind a shelf full of books rarely read by the students because of the complexity of the topics , was a girl whose eyes were narrowed in slits in an attempt to concentrate. With one look, one would think that she was just concentrating hard in order to find the books that she needed, but a further observation would reveal otherwise. For instead of looking at the books, she was staring at someone seated a few feet away from where she was. The girl's name was Aaren Nightray, and currently, she was keeping an eye on her younger cousin. Her cousin was a Gryffindor, like she was, and as a prefect, she took it upon herself to make sure that the younger would not cause any trouble. He, after all, was fond of causing mayhem. In fact, she had been at the receiving end of his pranks too many times for her to keep count. Some would say that it was probably easier if she would approach him instead, but she knew better than to do that. Armin had the tendency to lie. It was probably safe to say that he was a compulsive liar, and thus, showing him her intention would result to him pretending and making a fool out of her. She couldn't have that. Not now. She sighed as rested her hand on the shelf, scolding herself for acting too much like a stalker. It's not as horrible as it sounded though, after all, she was watching her cousin, not some random people. Her cheeks flush a light shade of pink at the thought, she did stalk some people once, but that was for her project, that didn't count. She was not making a habit out of this.

"Okay, I should stop," She whispered, satisfied with what she had seen in the few minutes that she was watching her cousin. It was a good thing that no one had seen her hiding behind the shelves and watching someone, after all, it would be completely embarrassing. Not that she cared much, but she would prefer not to be a subject of any rumors. She would prefer not to be accused of being a lovesick puppy and stalking a boy. No. She would prefer not to be talked about at all if it meant that she would be able to keep her dignity. Smiling in triumph upon coming to a conclusion that perhaps, her cousin was changing his ways, the girl was ready to leave the library and do something more entertaining for the rest of the day. Unfortunately, however, it seemed that her skills of observing someone stealthily weren't so great after all, because someone found her staring through the cracks in the books. She jumped at the voice, quickly spinning around to become face to face with a girl whom she hardly recognize. "It's not what you think, I'm not stalking anyone I promise, I'm just-" She defended feebly before she covered her mouth with her hands to stop herself from saying too much. "Well... hi?" She added awkwardly, her eyes shifting from the person to her cousin who already left and whose seat was occupied by another boy whom she didn't really know. Great. The day wasn't tuning out well.​
<i>
</i>

Tick, tock. Tick, tock. The soft ticking of the clock hung high on the wall of the library was almost deafening to the Slytherine girl, because the more she stood and watched it's silent ticking, the more the bored whining in the back of her head grew. At Hogwarts, the weather was quite cold and murky outside, the type of day where you simply laid around and did nothing, especially with it being a Saturday, but Lisa Lames had been nothing short of utterly bored in the common room of Slytherin house, waiting for some sort of entertainment that never came. She had thought about writing to her family, her twin brother perhaps, or even going to talk with a few of the girls from her dorm, but had decided against both ideas. Studying was the best option, she'd decided after another half hour of staring out of the window at the murky grey sky, after all, watching the clock ticking in the library was no different to watching it tick in her common room. But now she stood, watching the clock tick and slowly running her finger over the spins of a shelf of books, her studying all done and dusted. Normally Lisa would have left the library, seeming as the dusty, crowded room wasn't the type of place a girl like her would hang out, but as lightning streaked across the sky outside and a shiver ran down her spin, she simply shook her head at the idea of leaving and turned down another aisle of books.

Expect this aisle wasn't empty like the others had been, in the middle, standing with her head close to a shelf, her brow furrowed in deep concentration. From where Lisa stood, it looked like the girl was studying the name of a book closely, but something told Lisa, whether it was her own scheming persona or otherwise, that studying wasn't the only thing the girl was doing. Smirking slight, and placing a hand on her hip, Lisa cocked her head and studied the girl. She was a Gryffindor, and a prefect, Lisa made it a hobby to know most people at her school, except this girls' name had slipped from her mind. Clearing her throat quietly, she spoke up, startling the girl. "And to think I thought Privacy was such a thing," The Gryffindor girl turned quickly, jumping slightly at the sound of Lisa's voice, and stared at her with wide eyes, trying to explain herself. Lisa waved a hand dismissively. "Yes, yes, that's what everyone says, except you left out the innocent 'I'm not guilty' cry," Lisa held back a smile, this girl, despite having only met a moment ago, amused Lisa by her gasping and fumbling. Stepping forward, Lisa peered over the tops of the books to see a young boy seated in the girl's line of vision, turning back with her eyes raised, Lisa did a double take. "A bit young to have a stalker, isn't he?"

Aaren's face flushed as she took in the other party's words. Obviously, the Slytherin thought that she was guilty of stalking someone. She was not! Wasn't it obvious? She was merely… observing. Yes, that was what she was doing. Why would she stalk someone anyway? She might be talkative and she might do things that others would find to be ridiculous, but no, she would not so far as to stalk someone. Not when she could obtain nothing from it. "I'm not guilty," the Gyrffindor defended, her lips forming into a pout as she realized that she merely repeated the girl's words. It's true though, she was not guilty of the thing that she was being accused of. And besides, does observing one's cousin counts as stalking? It wasn't like he did not know her.

She crossed and uncrossed her arms in front of her. She was beginning to feel uncomfortable, which was rare. Usually, she would find it easy to talk to anyone, and rarely would she ever feel embarrassed nor would she ever feel cornered. But strangely, she was at a loss for words. Her mother would surely like this. The older woman, after all, had always scolded her for being too loud and for having no filter. She bit her lower lip and the earlier scene replayed on her mind. As seconds tick, she was beginning to realize how ridiculous and suspicious her previous actions were. She needed to escape. She took a step away from the shelf only to realize that the girl was blocking her way. It was probably unintentional, because surely, even though she wouldn't believe her, she wouldn't purposely act mean towards a random stranger, right? However, the girl's next words made her reconsider her previous opinion. Shocked at the sudden declaration, she instinctively reached out to cover the girl's mouth. "I'm not stalking him!" Her voice was a little louder than she had intended, which had earned them the attention of some students sitting nearby. To make matters worse, the young boy, whom the girl had mistakenly thought to be the subject of her... observation, had heard her little outburst. And because she was too loud, their position had been quickly identified. She could see the boy looking at them through the space between the books. She flushed a deeper shade of red, a shade that could probably rival even her own hair. She withdrew her hand and grabbed the girl in an attempt to drag her away from the shelves. With her free hand, she made a zipping motion as she looked at the girl. "Don't be too loud. They'll hear you. Hush. Zip." She reprimanded, though in reality, it was her whose volume was louder.

OOCOut of Character:
This is really late. And it's not good at all. It's been a long time since I last rped. I'm sorry. It will be better next time :)
<i>
</i>

Users who are viewing this thread

Back