OOC First Name
Steven
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Straight 14 Inch Flexible Pear Wand with Unicorn Hair Core
Once again, Miles found himself unable to sleep. This was becoming more and more common recently and it was beginning to bother him. Walking through the park offered a bit of relief from the more troubling thoughts in his head. As he walked passed the shops Miles briefly paused to look into a dusty shop window at his own reflection. He smoothed out his jacket and stared at his reflection again. He ran a hand lightly through his blonde hair, it was a lot longer now. He also had a fully grown beard instead of a stubbly one. The man smiled before continuing on his walk. He felt a lot better after he learned his father's name and was sure he was going to meet his father soon. He eventually took place on a bench and with his head against a tree, he looked to the sky.

It was late and Stephanie was making her way home after another day of work. It hadn't been a very busy day and the time had gone very slow, causing her to be a bit tired. The young woman found herself walking without actually thinking where she was going, she'd walked the same path from her home to work and the other way around so many times that her feet almost seemed to automatically know which was to turn. The young woman looked up from her feet to realize she was now in the park, which meant she was halfway home. She made her way past the playground which always looked a bit scary at night, but then again she had always found walking home alone at this hour through the park somewhat scary, however it was something she had gotten used to over time.

As she got closer to the other end of the park Stephanie suddenly noticed a person sitting on his own on a bench, looking up at the sky. Due to the dim light of one of the lanterns that lighted the path and also reached the figure on the bench she could make out the fact that it was a man. Not really paying attention a lot more of attention to the person Stephanie continued to make her way down the path, but when she got closer to the bench she couldn't help but look again, just to see if there was any reason to pick up her pace and avoid the person, and when she did she stopped dead in her tracks. She knew this man, she just couldn't yet place a name with his face. While she had thought the man might've been the creepy one she couldn't deny her standing still and staring at him for a little while didn't look creepy as well. It took a few minutes but suddenly it hit her and there was one name that had popped up in her mind. Praying that she was right and her mind wasn't deceiving her she walked a few steps closer to the man, stopping while there was still a safe distance between them in case it wasn't the person she thought it was, and broke the peaceful silence there had been. "Miles?"
<i>
</i>

The sky was amazingly clear for a autumn night, which was rare because autumn nights were usually couldy nights, but Miles didn't mind it since counting stars would always help to ease his mind and forget his problems. For a second Miles closed his eyes and enjoyed the silence that the night brought. The only thing he heard was the constant chirping of crickets and the meowing of a cat in the distance. As the young man sighed he opened his eyes and started gazing at the night sky again, counting the stars. He felt a gentle breeze against his face as he was counting stars, ''Forty one, forty two, forty three, forty four..'' and then he noticed something, a person was standing a meter or two away from him, staring at him and saying his name out loud. Miles had to look carefully before realizing it was the young woman he had met a month ago in the Three Broomsticks, ''Stephanie, ho-.. Wha-.. Hey!''

A sigh of relief went through Stephanie as the man on the bench responded to her and turned out be Miles. The young woman smiled as she walked further towards the bench and had now stepped into the dim light of a lantern that wasn't too far away from the bench. "Hi!" She smiled at him whilst taking in his appearance. It had only be a month or so since they met, but right now Miles was the living proof of how much a person could change in such a period of time, and she had to admit it looked good on him. His hair had grown quite a bit longer and he seemed to have grown a bit of a beard. "So," Stephanie smiled at him as she decided to sit herself down on the bench next to him and pulled her jacket a bit closer around her to block out the chilly breeze. "How have you been?" The fact that things had been pretty good to her over the last month made her wonder if Miles might've had a bit of luck himself. She could recall something about Miles having some trouble with his family, but she couldn't exactly remember what. However she hoped things had been better for him just as they had for her.​
<i>
</i>

Miles smiled at her when she sat down next to him on the park bench, ''Hey.'' Said the twenty-three year old with a grin on his face. It was nice to see a familiar face again after the eventful week he had just put behind him. With all the stuff going on right now with his father and other relatives, Miles had totally forgotten about his friends and work so seeing Stephanie again made him somehow happy. When she asked him how he had been doing he chuckled and said, ''To be perfectly honest with you? I've been doing great, really. I have finally found my uncle.'' He said as the smile on his face grew wider and wider every second. ''Turns out I've got a cousin living in New Zealand as well. My uncle gave me some very useful information on finding my father, whose name is Christopher by the way. Never thought my father's name would be Christopher.. Hmh, guess I'm learning all sorts of new things about my family everyday..'' The man stopped talking and then turned his body to face her. ''But enough about me, how about you? How are you folks doing?'' Miles asked her, recalling that she had said something about her family too when they first met.

Still being a bit taken aback by the fact that she hadn't seen Miles in a month and now they had met again in a park at such a late hour Stephanie listened to what he had to say. The young woman was glad that he answered her question in all honesty as she was genuinely interested in how his life had been. The happiness with which he spoke about finding his uncle and finding out all these new things about his family made Stephanie smile. He seemed so much more happy in this moment than the guy she met something like a month ago in the Three Broomsticks. "That's fantastic! How did you find him- your uncle?" Listening to Miles going on about his family a small yawn escaped her mouth and Stephanie quickly covered it with her hand. She had been up since quite early in the morning and she could feel her eyes getting a bit heavy, however she chose to ignore it and smiled when the young man turned the question to her. "They're pretty good, at least they were last time I spoke with them which was about four days ago. I mean they would still love for me to come back to Australia but they have also come to realize that I can manage fine on my own, which is good because at least now they won't worry as much." Stephanie smiled. Talking about her parents like this made her realize how much they cared about her and how well they always tried to raise her right, she was glad to have them and she couldn't really imagine how things must have been for Miles as a kid with such a difficult family situation.​
<i>
</i>

Miles smiled when Stephanie asked him how he found his uncle. ''Thanks to my mother,'' The twenty-four year old said shaking his head, still having a hard time believing she actually helped him for once. ''Honestly, this woman is unbelievable. She expected me to forgive her by giving me the necessary information I needed in order to find my father. Jokes on her though, I ain't gonna.'' There were times Miles wanted to forgive his mother for the awful childhood that he had because of her but everytime he thought about it the young man felt anger boiling up. Miles chuckled when he saw her yawn and said, ''Someone has been up for a very long time, am I right? Don't worry, you're not the only one.'' A grin appeared on his face once more. Like her, Miles had been up for quite some time now. While listening to her talk about her parents he smiled. ''That's good to hear,'' He said, ''And how about you, Steph? Seems like you could use some sleep. Been busy lately?'' Miles was curious to know what she had been up to after they left the Three Broomsticks.

Stephanie nodded as Miles explained to her how he had come to find his uncle. She could tell from the way his voice sounded from the very start of his sentence that he still felt a lot of wrath when it came to his mother. She couldn't blame him though, she couldn't exactly remember what had happened in his youth but she did remember that it wasn't something very pleasant. "I think in some way she is just trying to tell you she's sorry, but I get that she can't expect you to forgive her just like that." It seemed like afer what his mother had done to him it might be a bit too much to expect him to forgive her just by giving him the information he needed to find his family. She smiled and nodded once again when Miles mentioned the fact that she had been up for quite a while. "Yeah, I'm not very good at sleeping in, which doesn't work very well combined with the late night shifts I've been running." She smiled, she liked her job but the times she had to work could be rather tiring. However that's how things go with almost every job out there so she had no reason to complain. "Other than that I've been doing fine really, nothing special."​
<i>
</i>

Users who are viewing this thread

Back