Ni Hao

Amarante Ming

Wand
Rosewood Wand 14 1/4" Essence of Hair from the mane of a Unicorn
Amarante walked along the Dungeons, she had been to her common room and dorm room, she had been fortunate enough to not get a room mate. As Amarante walked she placed her shiny black hair into a soft pony tail with a bright green ribbon to tie it up. The girl walked along humming an old Indonesian tune her Great Grandmother used to sing to her, the words escaped her memory but she knew the melody well.

As Amarante walked she spotted a familiar figure, one that she had inspected quite a bit, it was a boy, as she walked closer a smile of wax appeared and she saw that it was Henric and she bowed her head and stopped walking and said, "Ni Hao Satojinn." Amarante's fake smile faltered and she set her striking blue eyes on his.

[Isn't that what your characters name is or something? I read it in your character developement]

(( Sa.. what? What? ;x ))

Henric turned, turning to look at Amarante. A little genuine smile broke out on his face as a particular greeting, then he turned his attention to the portrait hanging on the dungeon wall again. "Beautiful, isn't it." Henric said matter-of-factly, "The castle I mean, looks big outside, bigger inside." He added softly. Turning to her, he tilted his head and waved his finger in the air, as if trying to grasp something, before saying, "Amarante." In a quiet exclamation.

"Speaking of which, our common room is supposed to be somewhere near here." He paused for a moment, then turned to her slowly. "Did some exploration yet? I've only been walking around the Dungeons."

Henric had surprised her with a genuine smile and she returned one just before the looked at the portrait and she bit her lip and said, "It looks very nice." Amarante turned her head to Henric when he said her name and said, "I know, I've been to it, it's quite busy with the other first years at the moment."In other words dreadful, Amarante thought to herself but didn't show it then said, "I've been to the Gardens once but this is basically it." Amarante gave Henric a genuine smile, one that she had only saved for him and her sister on special occasions.

He glanced at the end of the long, spiral hallway at the end, a little frown on his face at the thought that he'd have to wind around and around the place just to reach his everyday classes. Henric's smile slowly faded away, years of experience made him naturally recede his true emotions when he was not using them. "Well," He began, pointing at finger at where he was looking at, "I think that's it. Password's rather colorful isn't it?", he winked at Amarante before he strode towards another portrait. Still, the dungeons was a perfect place to serve as a home for seven years - for him anyway. "Do you want to walk around then?", he said suddenly, nearly surprising himself with the question - Henric was not known as a people person.

Amarante felt her eyes start to roll at Henric's wink but she stopped herself and she said, "Yes, it is." Amarante nodded her head softly though she was very surprised at Henric's offer, and even more at her acceptance but he intrigued her for some reason. Amarante began to walk along with the boy and said, "You never told me where you got your tattoos from." This was obviously her asking where Henric had gotten his dragon tattoo that was so similar to her own.

"Do you really want to know?", Henric replied simply as they walked along the dungeons, every now and then his head would turn to look at another portrait as they walked past - most of the portraits seemed to be depicting gruesome, or terrible things, while others were rather simplistic, a goblet, a flower, a bowl of fruit. Henric pondered over his own question as he was moving, then he added, "And do you know what you are asking of?" He smiled falsely for a moment, "Because some things are best kept secret."

Amarante nodded her head once then said in response to Henric's second question, "I know perfectly well what I am asking, whether you would like to share this with me or not is a different story." Amarante slid her sleeve up to look at it clearly and said, "Tasanee has one as well, our whole family does, I'm curious why you have such a similar one."

Henric allowed his self some brief silence as he walked, then he saw the entrance to the common house coming into view far ahead. He spoke slowly then, "All Chinese Clan Members who are part of the male Branch are to swear loyalty with the Dragon Tattoo imprint of Taoist Union - The Taiwanese, were mostly part of the male branch when they broke away from the Chinese Ministry of Magic. That's one possibility." He paused as he continued walking, then turned his gaze to her, since he was a little taller. "Sometimes." He began, waving his hand to find the proper words, "Certain children... for certain reasons ... are trained to guard, and watch over, an important female member of the Chinese Clan. They will undergo strict training in many forms, and at the end of it, are given a tattoo of the sixty four star constellations, and the words Yong Bu Li Jun (Never Leave The Lord)', to prove their absolute loyalty, that nothing stands above the mission." When he finished his little speech, he turned to see the corridor. "Ah, we're here." He mused, with no emotion on his face despite having revealed what he had suffered in the past.

Amarante listened to Henric speak, she did feel what could be called sympathy for him, but it didn't show. She softly bit her lip then said, "I see." Amarante felt that Henric would understand what she had meant by her brief words. She knew that she was being to open with her emotions lately and needed to calm down, she knew that he would understand that she was trying out sympathy.

Sliding a finger over the walls, Henric halted abruptly, glancing to the side, where the stairs up to the first floor was, and then glancing towards the entrance to the Slytherin common room. He turned to Amarante slightly, a smile plastered on his face as usual. "Would you like to keep exploring the castle, or just go see the common room?" He asked, not bothering to acknowledge her reply to his past, despite his eyes piercing right into hers, as if seeking what she was thinking at the time.

Amarante furrowed her brow as if she could find out what Henric wanted to come out of her mouth but found nothing and she said, "I'm up for anything." Amarante's voice dripping with coolness but her expression was one like Henric's a perfect smile though it was completely meaningless. Amarante slid down her sleeve as she waited for a response.

Henric tapped his chin ruefully for a moment to portray a picture of genuine thought, then he turned to Amarante with a surprising expression of blankness - but his eyes betrayed a hint of sorrow, "Think I'll go see the common room, check out the dormitory." With a sweep of his feet, he moved towards the entrance, eyes fading back to their usual piercing hue, "Coming?" He added, as he disappeared into the gloom.

Amarante simply nodded her head and she followed Henric into the common room. When they got in it seemed that it had died down a bit and she said, "The girls dormitories are dreadful, would you like to see yours?" Amarante's tone awkward with her honesty though she shrugged it off.

Should we continue this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back