Closed New Sites

Tiffaney Phoenix Blakely

OOC First Name
Lexi
Blood Status
Unknown
Relationship Status
Too Young to Care
Tiffaney was feeling out of place once again. Things in the wizarding world were... overwhelming for her. Since she was homeschooled she really didn't see much of the outside world anyway. She had been dropped off by herself so she could explore. It was her idea, to begin with, but now she was regretting it. She was lost and scared. With a sigh, she found a bench nearby and sat down. She wasn't going to walk around anymore because it only served to confuse her more. She lightly started to hum a song that had been stuck in her head as she stared down at her feet. (The song is Fireflies by Owl City)

@Hamish Reid

Hamish had gone out for a walk, planning to meet up with Seamus again later. He was just on a stroll, hands in his pockets, when he heard humming. He knew the song, so he followed the sound until he saw a girl on a bench. Not thinking, he walked up to her and smiled. "Hi. I like that song." He spoke, his Scottish accent clear. "May I?" He asked on impulse, gesturing with his jacket at the seat, hoping she'd let him sit down.

Tiffaney jumped a little having not expected anyone to walk up to her. She looked up and blinked twice before smiling softly at the boy who had approached her. "Ah... Amm... Y... Yes you can." Tiffaney stuttered a bit, still surprised. "It's... well... My favorite song ever," Tiffaney added randomly.

Hamish smiled, sitting down next to her and laying an arm along the back of the bench. "You have to admit, it is a great song," he ran his hand through his hair. "I tend to prefer pop over other songs," he grinned. "I do like All Time Low," he told her. "Are you a big fan of Owl City?"

Tiffaney was still a bit... surprised, but she was happy that there was possibly someone who was from the same world she was from. She smiled as she nodded. "I love them!" Tiffaney exclaimed. "Mom and dad said they would take me to a concert one day. I don't think I've heard of All Time Low before. Who wrote that song?" Tiffaney asked a bit confused.

Hamish chuckled lightly and shook his head. "No, All Time Low is a band, not the song. We don't live too far from here. If you want to come over sometime I can show you my music," he offered, giving her a bright smile. "Maybe you can bring over your music, too?" He mused.

Tiffaney blushed at her mistake feeling a bit embarrassed. "Oh, my bad," Tiffaney said softly. She was surprised by the offer, but it made her happy to think she had a friend. "I'll have to ask mom and dad. They might not want me to go alone though. I would love to share my music with you." Tiffaney beamed. She had never really had friends over or been to a friend's house before. She was excited about it. It didn't register at first, but when it did she frowned. "You live in this world?" She didn't know how to separate the two worlds yet since it was still all so new.

Hamish laughed lightly. "No worries. My twin brother and I would both be there. Seamus is loud but he's harmless," he promised. He nodded as she spoke. "We've just moved here, but yes. We're a bit in both worlds though, we're living on the edge of town." He told her. A music friend trip sounded like plenty of fun.

Tiffaney realized she might not have made much sense when the boy mentioned his brother. She took a moment to consider explaining as she listened to... It dawned on her that she didn't know his name. "Did he already tell me? Oh no, I wasn't listening should I just ask?" Tiffaney thought to herself. She completely missed the end of his explanation as she started to nervously pick at her nails. She feared that the boy wouldn't want to be her friend if she had forgotten his name already. It took her a few more seconds to remember that she hadn't given him her name. "I... I'm Tiffaney." She said softly avoiding his eyes.

Hamish smiled softly as the girl introduced herself. "Hi, Tiffaney." He held out his hand. "My name is Hamish," he used his other hand to push his glasses up his nose. "My brother is Seamus, if you ever meet him," he laughed lightly.

Tiffaney was relieved that Hamish didn't think she had been rude. She was even more relieved that he had introduced himself, She took his hand and shook it with little confidence. Tiffaney laughed lightly when he mentioned his brother again. "So I've gathered. You two sound like you are close." Tiffaney said her nerves at ease now.

Hamish smiled, crossing his ankles. "Well, we are twins," he chuckled. "What about you, do you have any siblings?" He asked, curious. He wanted to know more about his new friend. He ran his hand through his hair, looking over her.

Tiffaney smiled at Hamish as he explained that he was a twin. She had always wondered what having a sibling was like. "Me? I'm an only child as far as I know." Tiffaney admitted. She really didn't know if she had siblings out there since she was adopted. "It would be cool to have a sibling though."

Hamish raised a brow. "What do you mean, as far as you know?" He asked, curious. He knew there was only him and Seamus, and that was alright. They only needed each other. That was how it had always been. It was just that simple. He wondered idly if it wasn't like that for everyone.

Tiffaney shrugged as her mind went back to her 10th birthday. That was when she found out about her adoption. "I was adopted. Mom and dad couldn't have their own children. I don't know if maybe my real parents had more children." Tiffaney said without hesitating. It's not like it was a big secret.

Hamish looked a bit surprised by her bluntness. That was interesting. "Being adopted is pretty cool," he told her, thinking it might be interesting if he and Seamus had been adopted instead. Unfortunately he was pretty sure they weren't. "Maybe you do have secret siblings. Is there any way to find out?" He asked, curious about it now.

Tiffaney smiled. She had never expected Hamish to say it was cool. He had a brother and parents he knew were his own. Wasn't that way cooler? "I wouldn't know. I never thought to ask mom and dad about it. Maybe there is a way but I wouldn't be able to on my own." Tiffaney said.

Hamish thought about it, running a hand into his hair. "Well, if you ever decide you want to look, I can be supportive," he told her, smiling a bit. "Strength in numbers, right? I might be able to talk Seamus into it, too, the three of us might make an interesting team. I'll introduce you to him sometime," he offered.

Tiffaney nodded pleased that Hamish was offering support. She gave him a warm smile. "I would love to meet Seamus." She had to believe that they would make a good team because she didn't have much in the way of friends yet. "It's getting late I should probably go home now. I'll see you around." Tiffaney said as she wrapped Hamish in a hug.

(Sorry I'm ending this... I'm running out of ideas)

Hamish chuckled, standing up and hugging the girl back. "No worries. Just swing by anytime," He told her, pleased that he'd made a new friend on his outing.

(Lol no worries, the talking threads can be the hardest)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back