New Beginnings?

Crispin V. Cold

Wand
Bloodwood Wand 15 1/4" Essence of Phoenix Ash
Crispin walked along the corridor, his hand clasped with Andy's, fingers entwined. Although the Halloween celebrations had been smashed up by raucous fighting, the aftermath was better than he could have hoped for. He stole thoughtful glances at the redhead. He hadn't spoken much on the long walk up to the Gryffindor house; he hadn't felt the need to since they were both processing what had happened. "What do you think our detention will be?"

Her hand felt so at home in his, it was damn near impossible not to smile constantly. How could she suddenly not feel like the cat that got the cream? Surely she would be able to say what she needed to now that they were alone, it was just finding the right words.
The long walk up to the seventh floor had been relatively quiet between them though as each seemed encumbered by their thoughts, finally his voice broke the silence and Andromeda tried to think about what it could be.

"I've no idea, with Professor Rowann it could be anything and especially with Professor Lloyd in on the detention as well" it seemed so relaxed between them when she was battling with stupid emotions. It was almost a glimpse at what they could be like together.
"Is your face really ok? Sorry Fenton got a swing in on you".

Crispin shrugged and touched his face where the shiner was forming across his high cheekbone. "I've had it much worse and much more hard than that." [/color] He managed a small smile so as not to let her think he dwelled upon his past. "I heard a couple of lower years speaking of their detention. Kept mentioning mooncalf dung." A quiet chuckle escaped his throat. "Are you alright though? I'm sorry it spoiled your evening."

Andromeda chuckled and recalled a time when she had detention back in first year.
"Detention isn't so bad, though I think it depends on the professor giving it" she smiled at him wanting nothing more than to touch his face or even to kiss it better but managed to restrain herself thus far.
"It didn't spoil my evening" how could it possibly when she was now walking hand in hand with Crispin, "I just don't like unnecessary violence of course you wouldn't think that by the way I kicked Ashton. Don't think he'll be talking to me anytime again soon" she could really careless if he did or not either, "I am fine though, really and.. I never got to say it to you earlier but I love your costume. Brings out the colours of your eyes".
Was that just too sappy of her, she could pleasantly kick herself but the way the evening had gone so far, she wasn't surprised by a whole hell of a lot anymore.

Crispin's hand jerked minutely in hers. She was acting so different; happiness suited her. Whomever she'd given her heart to, he was tending to it well. Happiness blossomed within her golden eyes. Crispin smiled sadly. "I'm not so sure my roommates will be speaking with me either. I'd no clue about Blake and Lily. Maybe Ashton will understand though." They had arrived at the entrance to the Gryffindor house and as much as he longed to make an excuse, drag his feet, just to spend more time with her, he knew he had to let her go.

Turning to her, he lifted their connected hands. Eyes never leaving hers, his lips pressed to the back of her hand then he released her altogether. The words seemed to come from somewhere within him, somewhere even he hadn't known about until they poured from his mouth in sincerety.
"Although I cannot have your heart Andromeda, I'd like your friendship. Someday." With those words, he looked at her one last time then turned and walked away.

As they arrived outside of Gryffindor house Andromeda's heart pounded loudly as he turned to her, she could barely contain her smile believing he would kiss her. Holding up their hands as his eyes stayed on hers he kissed her hands before releasing them. Andromeda looked at him speechless, convinced still that he would gather her instead in his arms but the words that came left her numb. He believed her heart was still with someone else, she opened her mouth to tell him it wasn't that it was well and truly his when his next words halted her. He would like her friendship but someday? A slight frown creased her brow, she couldn't bring herself to speak at all as he walked away from her.

Moving slowly to the the portrait she mumbled the password and stepped through, then made her way through the common room to her dormitory. She didn't speak a word but quietly undressed for bed, went to wash up and then silently headed back to her bed. Taking out her journal she wrote an entry in before sliding down beneath the covers and hugging her pillow. He didn't want to be her friend, he would like her friendship someday. Not today, not tomorrow but someday. In other words he had been breaking it to her gently, letting her down slowly that her friendship was probably about the last thing he needed. But of course, he had Lily now hadn't he? The beautiful blonde Ravenclaw that all the boys fought over and for tonight. She had no one else to blame but herself and try as she might she tried to sleep but it would not come. Tried not to think of him but it was a futile exercise, so by mornings light she was exhausted looking and wanted nothing more to do with boys or the 'L' word.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back