Never far from the den

Judy Sherman

OOC First Name
Ana V.
Wand
Holly Wand 11" Essence of Phoenix Feather
Judy was working on the watch that she had found at the Harbor. For some reason she would let James work on it with her. She wanted to do it on her own. She had been some what succsessful in rebulding some of the clockwork but there where some pieces that needed to go in percise spots or it wouldn't work. She had a pair of tweazers in her hand trying to place things in the watch shell as carfuly as she could. She was in a pretty well hidden spot. She didn't like to be in public too much. She wondered what James was doing at the time though.

Probably hanging out with Trite. She didn't blame James. It was only a matter of time before he did hang out with her all the time. Get many Gryffedor friends. She was hoping to make manny Hufflepuff friends but she still couldn't get over her shyness long enough to do so. She had liked all the people by the lake. They all seemed so nice and hoped they didn't abandon her once they found out how much of a cowered she was. Judy picked up another tiny piece that was in the bag and started to try and placed. Judy felt happy like this. Being quiet and tring to figure out how to put something back together.

Megan was wondering the corridors. For the first time since she had arrived here there was no sight of a book under her arm. That might have been the reason she was so nervous, so far she had been checking each corner before she went round it and had squeaked in fright when someone tried to talk to her.

Megs took a deep breath, fighting the urge to look around the bend, closed her eyes and took a step round the next corner. When she opened her eyes she saw a girl that was familiar. She's one of the people Alfie inroduced to you. Megan couldn't remember the girls name for the life of her. "Um.. Ec, excuse me, what's your name again?" Her voice was very high, if from the courage it took to talk to her or the shock of forgetting something, she wasn't sure.

Judy had screamed and jumped when she heard some one squeak like she usually did when people tried to talk to her that she didn't know. Fourtunetly the piece that she had been trying to place was not near the watch. Judy droppped it somewhere but it was so tiny she could see it from where she was sitting trying to catch her breath. She looked up and saw the girl in the glasses that she had met by the lake. "Judy." She said looking down and blushing a bright crimson.

Judy hated being a cowerd. Her whole family was brave and she was a spineless jelly fish. "Judy Sherman, sorry about that." She said finally sounding somewhat calm. She spotted the little piece she was sure she had lose near the girl's left shoe. "Do you mind? Um. well I'm not being weird or anything, it's just... Oh dear." She said reaching out then pulling back only to reach out again. Finally she just pointed where the piece had fallen and hoped that Megs would take the hint.

Megan instantly cowered when the girl screamed. She considered running away but she had asked her a question and it was rude not to get an answer. "Thank you." Her voice was slightly shaky as she responded to Judy.

Megan cocked her head to the left at Judy's behaviour. It seemed slightly odd to her, when she pointed downwards that's where Megs looked. Through her glasses she could see a small metal object by her shoes. She picked it up and shined it on her dress. "Is that what you were pointing to?" She asked, holding it out to the girl.

Judy nodded and smiled weakly. "Yes, I need it to compleat the watch. I just hope I'm putting it together right. I've been working on it for most of the summer. I though I had it once but something seemed to go wrong and I had to tare everything I had done apart because it would be impossable to tell what was in the wrong spot." She said almost all at once while takeing the cog from Megan.

Judy winced at once. "Sorry you probably don't want to hear that. I'm constantly boring my only brother with things like that. Really bookish sometimes but most of the time I just sound like an operating manual." She said giving an airy nervace laugh while blushing again. She knew that now Magan would just turn away and let be because she was either too wierd or too geeky. She slid her hands down her jeans to keep her hands dry. The last thing she wanted was worts on her hands.

Megan stayed silent for a while after Judy had finished speaking, she thought back to the books she had read to see if any would help her in this situation. A guide to clockworks. Megs quickly re-capped what it said, in her head, before speaking to the girl. "Can I see it, the watch?"

Judy tilted her head then nodded. She picked up the watch shell and handed it to Megs with a small smile on her face. "If you think I'm odd there's no need to hide it." She said looking down. She didn't want anyone being nice to her because they felt sorry for her. She already had her brother trailing her because she had gotten in Hufflepuff and not Gryffedor like him. James seemed to think she couldn't get along by herself. That was some what true but she was making friends.

Megan looked at Judy as she passed her the watch case, slightly suprised that the girl trusted her so easily. Looking at the watch, the small girl thought back to the diagram of the indide of one. While thinking, Megs completely missed Judy's comment about thinking her weird. After about five minutes, she looked at the piece and pointed to a point in the shell. "I think it goes there."

Megan handed the watch back, she had been suprised at the sound of her own voice, it wasn't even slightly squeaky or quiet. It was her normal voice, the one she spoke to her mother with.

Judy smiled brightly now. This girl wasn't so bad after all. She was always kind of shaky around her people. Judy put the piece where Megan said it went then smiled wide. She took the other pieces out of the bag next to her and started to place them where she thought they when now. The back of the watch was compleat. The watch had little stars going around the edge. Judy closed the top and looked at it. The watch was working. "Thank you very much." She said nodding. Judy's voice was not shaky at all this time. "It looks like a wizarding thing to me." She said pulling up by the broken chain. She would work on that next.

((Sorry for taking so long. I had way too much stuff to do.))

"You're welcome." Megan watched in facination as Judy put all of the pieces into the watch and made it work. The small girl nodded at the last girls statment, noticing the change in her voice.

Megs was about to ask why she had changed her voice when she realised that she did the same thing, whenever Megs actually began to feel slightly comfertable around someone, which was very rare, her voice would change pitch and volume.

"Are you trusting me?" Megan saw no reason her question would be seen as strange.

Judy ran the fingers of her left hand so the pieces that had come loose from her ponytail would go back where they came from. It never did work right though. "I guess I am. Strange. I'm usally a nervice reack around people I don't know. I stuttered one time and this girl threatened me with a black snake. The girl that was with me said it was no big deal but the white blond girl said that the snake was poisones so I had ever right to be scared. Then again I am scared of a lot of things. I think I have about as many fears as I have allergies." She said a little too fast but she had managed to put spaces between her words at least. Judy hated when she suttered or made her words run together.

Megan nodded to what Judy was saying. She didn't see the relevance of the snake story to the topic of their conversation but she didn't comment, It was a hobby of hers to say random things after all. "Snakes can have over 300 pairs of ribs. " At least this time it wasn't completely random.

Judy nodded. "And they either poison their food or crush it to the point where they can't breath anymore. My mother said that if I know a little of what I'm afraid of I wont be scared of it any more. Hasn't worked yet. I can't even see a snake without freaking out." She said then scratched the back of her head to dispel some of the aquwardness that she was feeling. "You made Ravenclaw right?" She asked trying to remember something about the Sorting Ceramony that wasn't the feeling of wanting to be sick. "I thought that if I didn't get Hufflepuff I would get Raveclaw. Guess the hat thought I would do better in Hufflepuff. Not that I mind. How much do you know? I remember you said a radom fact when we where out by the lake." She said again maybe all to fast. When Judy wasn't aquward she was a fountan of questions. She just hoped that Magen would't get annoyed because of it.

Megan shook her head, she didn't understand irrational fears. "But those snakes are not used as pets and you would be an idiot to go into an infexted area so there is nothing to worry about." Megs nodded at the next question. "Yes." The answer was short and simple.

Judy tilted her head. One of her questions was not answered. Then again she didn't want to seem like a compleat geek so she didn't ask again. "I would think so too but the white haired girl swore that the snake she was holding was poisones. Does that make me gullable? I hope not." She said as she started to think. Judy got herself off the ground and put the watch in her pocket. "Do you know how to set up a Pendulem? I got this powder from a joke shop and I want to see if I can make it make designs on the ground." She said taking a packet of Darkness Poweder from her bag.

Megan surprised herself with her answer. "Sorry, I actually don't." Sure, there were things she didn't know, she knew that but rarely was she asked to do something but didn't know how.

She looked up at the girl, Judy, before asking. "What did the snake look like?"

Judy smiled wide. "Wanna find out how?" She asked taking out a funnle and string out of her bag. "It's kind of easy but I've never done it with a magical idem before." She said explaining what she wanted to do. "It was a brillant green I think. There was another that she had that was all black though." She said trying to remember that terrefying day in Bleak Street.

"Green snakes aren't poisenous, not the ones you're allowed as pets. I assume the rules apply to the magical world aswell." Megan knew quite a bit when it came to the rules and facts as any one who had met her for less than a minute would know.

"Sure." For the first time since she had been here, Megs properly grinned. She was about to learn something off of another student that she had never even thought of doing before. The thought of it was exilerating (sp?) to her.

Judy took one the strings then tied it off to one of the holes in the funnle while giving Magan the other so she tie the other end off too. "Well I'm sure that something simmiler to that is in the laws of Magical Transpot and Regulation and Control of Magical Creatures. Still better safe than sorry don't you think. I backed off as quickly as I could." She said while looking at the opening of a door she could reach and that was not being used. She looked at a door that didn't seem like anyone was coming out of it. Then again this part of the floor was pretty deserted. "Have you memorised to rule book for Hogwarts too?" She asked kindly. Judy was not making fun of Megan. She wanted someone to refur to when she was questioning herself on weather or not something was allowed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back