Nerds Meet

Judd Ford

OOC First Name
Steph
Wand
Birch Wand 14 1/4" Essence of Dragonstone
Judd Ford was quite the odd ball of the first years. He got plenty of looks from other students as he walked through the halls. He was just about 5' and would keep growing for years to come. Now his little head feature a Fez, a nice red one which when he put it on his ears were pushed out from his head. He wasn't a normal person by any means, yet he was quite a little person. He was very good at becoming a leader of a group yet he never really had the chance before. He comes from a small town on the outskirts of a city in Nebraska, not that the cities were much of anything to begin with. Plenty of fields and for fun a lot of kids went cow tipping. Judd instead spent his time on the computer and TV watching Sci-Fi shows and the like. Right now in fact he was in the Student Lounge admiring his Darth Vader figure. He never played with the thing, it was very old. Something his father had when the show first really took off in his life. Though life for his parents had been disrupted with the outbreak of Voldemort. They fled to America and made a peaceful life there in Nebraska. Smiling down at his figurine he tucked his legs up on to the couch with himself and set back imagining great Adventures in space instead of being at the school.

Liam was still discovering different parts of the castle. he was currently on the Fourth Floor, or was it the Third? He couldn't remember, but it didn't matter. He'd find his way back to the common room eventually. Walkign along the corridor, he saw that a door was ajar. He popped his head inside, and saw a peculiar-looking red hat in one of the seat, well the hat was on a head, and the owner of the head was in the seat. He frowned slightly, and stepped forward, into the room. "Hello." he greeted quietly, trying not to startle the red-hat-person as he walked around to face him.

Suddenly, he realised that he'd seen this boy before-at the sorting. He was another First Year, and he was holding a Darth Vader model. "Wow!" he exclaimed, sitting beside the boy, completely forgetting that it probably wasn't the proper thing to do. "Darth Vader, personally I've always liked Yoda, but each to ther own, if ya know what I mean." he smiled, looking down at the model. His accent was much stronger when he was excited. "Oh, sorry, this is sorta rude of meh. I'm Liam Kale-pleasure to metcha." he smiled, extending his hand, to shake the other boy's.

Judd heard a voice above him and looked up to find another kid around his age standing there. He seemed to be looking at his Darth figure so Judd clutch the thing a bit tighter. He was very protective of all the things his father had given him. He was glad to have a dad that was just as much into the stuff as him. Though in recent years his father had grown out of liking the stuff so much he did still spend time with Judd watching episodes of their favorite sci-fi TV shows. "Yoda? Oh boy I've got plenty of him. Even one that was a saber that lights up!" He bragged to the other kid. His face kind of srunched up as he tried to understand the boy. "You talk funny, did you know that?" Judd asked the boy not realizing how it might be offensive. But in his small town in Nebraska no one with such an accent or any accent come by. He looked at the boy who was sitting next to him and wondered if he was a Sci-Fi freak as well.

Liam frowned as the boy clutched his figure. He wasn't going to take it or anything, he just liked Star Wars. It was the only muggle movie he'd seen. "I didnae know there were these things. What is it, I mean, it's adoll, but where'd you get it?" he asked. he'd never seen a figurine like this one before. He had a poster in his bedroom of Yoda and Luke, but it was an odd one, it didn't move at all. At home, his Mother had to put freezing charms on all the pictures and paintings until the staff were gone, and she said that in the muggle world, none of the pictures moved. "Really?" he exclaimed as the boy spoke about a yoda figure; "I love him! 'Lost a planet, Master Obi-Wan has. How embarrassing. How embarrassing.'" he mimicked, using a yoda accent. It was actually quite good, as he often read the Star Wars books to his little sister, who liked it when he put on their voices; "My owl's named Yoda." he added, as further confirmation of his obsession. As the boy commented on his accent, his face reddened. He knew it would stand out here, and it was really annoying. "I'm from Scotland, our accents are sometimes...hard to understand." he answered, making sure not to slip into his accent. It was hard to remember when he was excited.

"Yeah! They have exact models, plushies, pillows, blankets. Just about anything you could want you can find it in Star Wars form," he said to the boy standing nearby. The young boy wish he had brought his Yoda from his room as well, but he hadn't. Judd laughed as the boy did a Yoda quote, it was really good despite the boy's heavy accent. "'Size matters not. Look at me. Judge me by my size, do you? Hmm? Hmm. And well you should not. For my ally is the Force, and a powerful ally it is,'" he said in reply. It was another Yoda quote, one that his plushie said when you squeezed it's stomach. He was suprised that the kid had named his Owl Yoda. Judd himself didn't have his own Owl, he figured he would just use one from the school or a friends if he needed to write his parents. "Scotland? That's interesting. I've never been out of Nebraska till now," he told the boy.

Liam grinned excitedly, sitting next to Judd; "Where could I buy them?" he asked, practically bouncing, he'd had no idea about these things. He'd known Star Wars was a muggle movie, and book, but he'd never thought there'd be more. "What's your name?" he asked, crossing his legs and facing the other boy. He laughed as the boy quoted Yoda, he was good; "He's my favourite character, I mean I like Luke, and I love Chewbacka, but there's only one Yoda." he laughed, amazed at finding another Star Wars lover. His father liked it well enough, but sighed over Liam's adoration. His Mother didn't understand at all. "Nebraska, that's in America right?" he asked, all thoughts of his tutoring, and the fact that somewhere in teh back of his mind wa the exact location of Nebraska, were gone form his head. Who'd have thought it? At Hogwarts, he met someone he could talk to about Star Wars.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back